Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 121. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
To troll or not to troll? That is the question.

All i'm going to say is the proof is in the pudding.

Wait for the code, see the what the devs bring to the table. Only two weeks to see the first instalment. Given the devs history of bringing a worlds first, I suspect it's going to be good.

All you negative posters can go fuck them selves.

Just to be clear

If anyone has any constructive criticism, bugs they want to expose, concerns, etc.

No issues with that at all. These sorts of comments make projects stronger. Post away.

If you're just interested in being mischievous; malicious; you're basically promoting some shit that's got a 20% pre-mine, plus it has an ICO and it has a moderated thread; or you just want to be fucking rude because you're bored / have no friends etc and feel you can be a twat because you're on the internet. That's basically trolling. Expect push back.
legendary
Activity: 1288
To troll or not to troll? That is the question.

All i'm going to say is the proof is in the pudding.

Wait for the code, see the what the devs bring to the table. Only two weeks to see the first instalment. Given the devs history of bringing a worlds first, I suspect it's going to be good.

All you negative posters can go fuck them selves.
legendary
....this bit is bollocks....moving on to feature request.....

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.[/b]

Dear ik_do,

Thank you for your suggestion, inbuilt data folder selection will be include in the next few releases (if not this coming release).

if anyone have any suggestion especially on torrent implementation please do not hesitate to share it here or PM.

Regards,

vTorrent

Just make feature requests, as suggested by the devs.
legendary

btw, joystream uses bitcoin, thats a fucking big plus.

A big plus for who? Their venture capital investors? Why don't you go and knock on their door and ask to invest in their company and get some shares?

No. Wait. If you stick around long enough, they will have an IPO and you can buy shares on the stock exchange.

You know Bitcoin is not private right? If you make a transaction that exposes your IP address, you know your Bitcoins can be traced forever more? Right?

So JoyStream has this great idea to go and get VC funding (so you're just a regular customer); uses Bitcoin so you're being tracked; it will allow you to share...let me think for a minute..fuck all worth sharing....and you'll be in a database of users matched against IP with Bitcoin addresses.

I really don't hear you complaining that they have not yet released anything either. One rule for them...one rule for somewhere where you can post without fear of moderation.

So, feel free to go join the JoyStream sub-reddit.

That's the thing about market based anything...if you don't like something, you can fuck off somewhere else.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

From what I understand(it's written in the OP) is that it's going to function like kazaa and not like a regular torrent client where users need to visit a tracker to find(browse) the torrent file they are looking for to download, where you have known/registered uploaders that contribute legit content to the tracker.
My question is, how VTR is going to handle the lack of legit and popular content constantly provided by large uploaders ?

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.
 Undecided

Anyone else is building a fax machine for two years that uses a blockchain?

JoyStream.

My guess is they raised about $1m from VCs.

Do you know more than venture capital people that spend that sort of money?

Why don't you head over to the JoyStream reddit and post there?

Let me just highlight my concerns over VTR for you..  look up^

btw, joystream uses bitcoin, thats a fucking big plus.
legendary

From what I understand(it's written in the OP) is that it's going to function like kazaa and not like a regular torrent client where users need to visit a tracker to find(browse) the torrent file they are looking for to download, where you have known/registered uploaders that contribute legit content to the tracker.
My question is, how VTR is going to handle the lack of legit and popular content constantly provided by large uploaders ?

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.  Undecided

JoyStream.

My guess is they raised about $1m from VCs.

Do you know more than venture capital people that spend that sort of money?

Why don't you head over to the JoyStream reddit and post there?
legendary

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.  Undecided

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître

Your fucking mental if you think im a troll. I invest serious dust amounts of btc into alts and when I make a post its because im seriously thinking or feeling like that.

This thread is full of attackers who cant even respect the other guys. I am whining to get cheap coins.

Fuck this thread. Im out. I'll be back in a few hours.

PureVidz VTR to the MOOON!

We thank you for the free publicity, anyway.  Smiley

Do you seriously not invest in coins because you feel the community is mean? You realize how absurd that is?

"I don't want to make money on this investment because I don't like the people who are also invested in it!"   Angry

Just sayin'  Roll Eyes
legendary
Don't worry about Duke - he just wants it fully open source so he can fork it and create VTR Classic.

I'm so not worried.
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM
Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

bump

Thanks for the bump. And as an investor I complete agree with the dev.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Don't worry about Duke - he just wants it fully open source so he can fork it and create VTR Classic.
legendary
Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

bump
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM
Can someone please ban duke? Go shit in someone elses parade.  

We've been told that big changes are coming just two weeks away. Wait two weeks. Two! Fucking! Weeks!

Unless you can prove any of these allegations. Just shut the fuck up! Nobody wamts to hear your fud!

600+ alt coins and they all have one thing in common. People just like duke calling the masses bag holders and idiots for believing in a project.

I like this project. I have faith in it. It's been doing great over the last two months.

I don't care if your feelings are hurt, go fuck off!

fyi my allegations are valid given the full source code for the windows wallet on the releases isn't public, keep plugging your ears screaming lalala until dev sticks a virus in there and says hey new release everyone make sure you update! Cheesy

"allegations"

Its already been well discussed that not only will 2FA remain closed source, but the torrent features will be closed source upon release.

Hardly groundbreaking information.

Please go read the other 147 pages before you try to act like you've discovered some fantastic new information that everyone hadn't already discussed a long time ago.

lmao alright let me just run this shady ass program for torrenting and downloading copyrighted things, cracks, etc. that's CLOSED SOURCE... yup absolutely no worries or threat there! can't POSSIBLY see how that could go wrong. Oh... what's this undetected root kit I have?

People from purevidz coming and spamming here. 8 btc collected is a joke for purevidz and a small target of 50btc is also a concern. Nobody wants to invest in scams.

VTR did not have an ICO and the dev keeps posting periodically updating us of things coming. You want it open source so you can copy it for your scammy coins and nothing else. Dev has no obligation to open source it until he is ready and knows there is a headstart to all you scammers. If you are not happy with it being closed source then go and sit in your pure vidz scam thread do not spoil this thread.
legendary

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

We've been told that big changes are coming just two weeks away. Wait two weeks. Two! Fucking! Weeks!

Unless you can prove any of these allegations. Just shut the fuck up! Nobody wamts to hear your fud!

600+ alt coins and they all have one thing in common. People just like duke calling the masses bag holders and idiots for believing in a project.

I like this project. I have faith in it. It's been doing great over the last two months.

fyi my allegations are valid given the full source code for the windows wallet on the releases isn't public, keep plugging your ears screaming lalala until dev sticks a virus in there and says hey new release everyone make sure you update! Cheesy

"allegations"

Its already been well discussed that not only will 2FA remain closed source, but the torrent features will be closed source upon release.

Please go read the other 147 pages before you try to act like you've discovered some fantastic new information that everyone hadn't already discussed a long time ago.

lmao alright let me just run this shady ass program for torrenting and downloading copyrighted things, cracks, etc. that's CLOSED SOURCE... yup absolutely no worries or threat there! can't POSSIBLY see how that could go wrong. Oh... what's this undetected root kit I have?

Those are valid concerns, however people have known this about this particular project for quite some time. Go and read.

You can make your own decisions, or run the client in a sandbox/virtual machine.

Again, you're not pointing out anything that hasn't already been discussed.
legendary
Activity: 1064

"allegations"

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

"allegations"

legendary

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

legendary
has anyone actually tried compiling the windows wallet version of VTR with OTP_ENABLED? Is it not the same as their release? It's missing all the OTP stuff on their GitHub like askpassphrasedialog_otp.cpp etc... that's references when OTP_ENABLED is set.

LMAO.
Hmm good sir, what happened to "Fuck this thread. Im out." ? Please stay true to your word at least Wink
I felt the obligation to do the due dilligence other people don't do of actually seeing of their real code is on Github, am I such a bad person?  Roll Eyes

has anyone actually tried compiling the windows wallet version of VTR with OTP_ENABLED? Is it not the same as their release? It's missing all the OTP stuff on their GitHub like askpassphrasedialog_otp.cpp etc... that's references when OTP_ENABLED is set.

LMAO.

So you were trying your best tickering around hoping to take vTorrent's 2FA awesomeness to your purevidz?

Im glad VTR dev keep 2FA from hopeless dev and people like you.

if you don't see the obvious problem with the danger in the wallet you're running being closed source you're either a bag holder, a socket puppet or just an idiot

i wanted to see if the implementation is as pathetic as what i think it is which makes the point of 2FA completely pointless... see gauth requires a "secret" so the question is where is this secret being stored and how?  i'm almost willing to bet that the gauth secret is simply stored encrypted by using your original passphrase, and then the decryption key for the wallet is probably something simple like the original passphrase concatenated with the gauth secret.  

As long as there's some way to get the secret from the original passphrase/machine it sorta makes 2FA pointless. In other words, willing to bet that 2fa/otp is bypassable and useless but hey, it's the closed source life? Smiley

If i've over looked something then feel free to point me to the implementation on Github cause as far as I can see the files are missing.

dukeneptun, you are an idiot who try to fud on VTR's 2FA for being unsecured without any kind of proof, and VTR is completely open source since anyone could freely build a wallet just without 2FA.

If you really think VTR's 2FA is that pointless and its implementation is really as pathetic as you think it is then you should have no problem cracking my 2FA secured wallet but I'm willing to bet that you wont be able to do shit spending your entire life trying.

If you are willing to proof that you are not an idiot, left us an email, then I will send you my wallet.dat with password  for you to crack.

VTR is completely open source since anyone could freely build a wallet just without 2FA.
this is literally the definition of NOT being completely open source... LOL

If you are willing to proof that you are not an idiot, left us an email, then I will send you my wallet.dat with password  for you to crack.

read instead of strawmanning my clear concerns for lack of transparency in what a user running the wallet is using on their computer...

i wanted to see if the implementation is as pathetic as what i think it is which makes the point of 2FA completely pointless... see gauth requires a "secret" so the question is where is this secret being stored and how?  i'm almost willing to bet that the gauth secret is simply stored encrypted by using your original passphrase, and then the decryption key for the wallet is probably something simple like the original passphrase concatenated with the gauth secret.

even if you sent me your wallet.dat, without having access to your entire computer and not knowing how the encrypted passphrase is stored since its closed source i'd obviously not be able to obtain the gauth secret.

could someone figure out how it is stored without having the source? sure.... but who'd waste time reverse engineering something like that? Lol...
Jump to: