Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 122. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100
has anyone actually tried compiling the windows wallet version of VTR with OTP_ENABLED? Is it not the same as their release? It's missing all the OTP stuff on their GitHub like askpassphrasedialog_otp.cpp etc... that's references when OTP_ENABLED is set.

LMAO.
Hmm good sir, what happened to "Fuck this thread. Im out." ? Please stay true to your word at least Wink
I felt the obligation to do the due dilligence other people don't do of actually seeing of their real code is on Github, am I such a bad person?  Roll Eyes

has anyone actually tried compiling the windows wallet version of VTR with OTP_ENABLED? Is it not the same as their release? It's missing all the OTP stuff on their GitHub like askpassphrasedialog_otp.cpp etc... that's references when OTP_ENABLED is set.

LMAO.

So you were trying your best tickering around hoping to take vTorrent's 2FA awesomeness to your purevidz?

Im glad VTR dev keep 2FA from hopeless dev and people like you.

if you don't see the obvious problem with the danger in the wallet you're running being closed source you're either a bag holder, a socket puppet or just an idiot

i wanted to see if the implementation is as pathetic as what i think it is which makes the point of 2FA completely pointless... see gauth requires a "secret" so the question is where is this secret being stored and how?  i'm almost willing to bet that the gauth secret is simply stored encrypted by using your original passphrase, and then the decryption key for the wallet is probably something simple like the original passphrase concatenated with the gauth secret.  

As long as there's some way to get the secret from the original passphrase/machine it sorta makes 2FA pointless. In other words, willing to bet that 2fa/otp is bypassable and useless but hey, it's the closed source life? Smiley

If i've over looked something then feel free to point me to the implementation on Github cause as far as I can see the files are missing.

dukeneptun, you are an idiot who try to fud on VTR's 2FA for being unsecured without any kind of proof, and VTR is completely open source since anyone could freely build a wallet just without 2FA.

If you really think VTR's 2FA is that pointless and its implementation is really as pathetic as you think it is then you should have no problem cracking my 2FA secured wallet but I'm willing to bet that you wont be able to do shit spending your entire life trying.

If you are willing to proof that you are not an idiot, left us an email, then I will send you my wallet.dat with password  for you to crack.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

LMAO.
Hmm good sir, what happened to "Fuck this thread. Im out." ? Please stay true to your word at least Wink
I felt the obligation to do the due dilligence other people don't do of actually seeing of their real code is on Github, am I such a bad person?  Roll Eyes

LMAO.

So you were trying your best tickering around hoping to take vTorrent's 2FA awesomeness to your purevidz?

if you don't see the obvious problem with the danger in the wallet you're running being closed source you're either a bag holder, a socket puppet or just an idiot

i wanted to see if the implementation is as pathetic as what i think it is which makes the point of 2FA completely pointless... see gauth requires a "secret" so the question is where is this secret being stored and how?  i'm almost willing to bet that the gauth secret is simply stored encrypted by using your original passphrase, and then the decryption key for the wallet is probably something simple like the original passphrase concatenated with the gauth secret.  

As long as there's some way to get the secret from the original passphrase/machine it sorta makes 2FA pointless. In other words, willing to bet that 2fa/otp is bypassable and useless but hey, it's the closed source life? Smiley

If i've over looked something then feel free to point me to the implementation on Github cause as far as I can see the files are missing.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

LMAO.

Activity: 34

LMAO.
legendary

LMAO.
Activity: 182
https://boscoin.io
The website is not working..? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1288
Plenty of legal cases are tested out in Australia first to see how courts will react and also to develop the various arguments.

Why?

Well, Australia has a very well developed legal system which is broadly based on the British legal system. It also has a stable government and well educated lawyers.

Crucially, news coming out of Australia doesn't tend to get noticed by the masses and legal costs are much less than they would be in America or Europe.

So it's interesting that rights holders have been pushing several legal challenges as far as they can take them. And they are winning the fight against web sites.

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites-will-be-blocked-in-australia-161215/

Here they have made it the ISPs responsibility to block sites, mostly at their own costs.

What will happen now is that this win will be hawked around the world in an attempt to get all ISPs to block all web sites that rights holders demand be blocked.

This is already starting to happen, but the pace of it will now pick-up.

Since Obama handed over the internet to the UN and ended net neutrality, they have ramped up their war on copyright and fake news (true news).

Some tough times ahead in terms of censorship, this is why we really need decentralized software such as VTR, they can't be in control of the web if we want to keep our freedom, so we have take it away from them. CUNTS.
legendary
vTorrent 2FA Tutorial: https://youtu.be/WvosnjGxnNM
Very good tutorial, a straight forward process.

Might be worth asking the dev to put this in the OP.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
After an extremely long delay, my 2FA Tutorial video is being uploaded right now. Stay Tuned!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1456
Plenty of legal cases are tested out in Australia first to see how courts will react and also to develop the various arguments.

Why?

Well, Australia has a very well developed legal system which is broadly based on the British legal system. It also has a stable government and well educated lawyers.

Crucially, news coming out of Australia doesn't tend to get noticed by the masses and legal costs are much less than they would be in America or Europe.

So it's interesting that rights holders have been pushing several legal challenges as far as they can take them. And they are winning the fight against web sites.

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites-will-be-blocked-in-australia-161215/

Here they have made it the ISPs responsibility to block sites, mostly at their own costs.

What will happen now is that this win will be hawked around the world in an attempt to get all ISPs to block all web sites that rights holders demand be blocked.

This is already starting to happen, but the pace of it will now pick-up.
legendary
Only two weeks till the first fork, it will be interesting to see what the dev brings to the table, and also interesting to see how the market reacts.
legendary
Wallet 0 is going for 1M, it's at 892K now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
This shit is nowhere near ready to compete with tribler.

Yeah...but wait until the hard forks start happening, then you might find VTR is better  Wink
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502
This shit is nowhere near ready to compete with tribler.
Activity: 178
Nodes That Serve
Hard fork guess: 12/31/16 6:43 PM

hard fork, 12/30/16 8:07 PM
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître

Your fucking mental if you think im a troll. I invest serious dust amounts of btc into alts and when I make a post its because im seriously thinking or feeling like that.

This thread is full of attackers who cant even respect the other guys. I am whining to get cheap coins.

Fuck this thread. Im out. I'll be back in a few hours.

PureVidz VTR to the MOOON!

We thank you for the free publicity, anyway.  Smiley

Do you seriously not invest in coins because you feel the community is mean? You realize how absurd that is?

"I don't want to make money on this investment because I don't like the people who are also invested in it!"   Angry

legendary
So you like to play this game of pretending to post innocent comments and then crying foul to the world on different threads -

"all I said on their thread was kittens are cute, and they attacked me.  Don't go near vTorrent, they even hate kittens."

He made a comment about a rich list and it is bullshit that one address is holding and buying so many coins. You think that's good for distribution?
I dont.

If you think girls are going to want to use vtorrent over purevidz your insane. Purevidz is and will be sexy and so easy to use my grandmother can use it from her grave, as long as she's got some wifi and a smartphone. Cheesy

Purevidz and chill is the future, dont miss out man. You been holding this coin for too long, cut your losses and move on to the winner.

So now we've confirmed you're just here for faux concerned trolling to promote some web site.

I'm not bad at troll patrol and you just made it to the top of the troll patrol list.

So, no 'attacking you' on this post. I'm just letting you know how I stand, so both of us know the ground rules from here on out.

Your fucking mental if you think im a troll. I invest serious amounts of btc into alts and when I make a post its because im seriously thinking or feeling like that.

This thread is full of attackers who cant even respect the other guys.

Fuck this thread. Im out.

PureVidz to the MOOON!

Don't let your emotions stop you from earning, there's money to be made on both projects.

Bye.
Activity: 34
So you like to play this game of pretending to post innocent comments and then crying foul to the world on different threads -

"all I said on their thread was kittens are cute, and they attacked me.  Don't go near vTorrent, they even hate kittens."

He made a comment about a rich list and it is bullshit that one address is holding and buying so many coins. You think that's good for distribution?
I dont.

If you think girls are going to want to use vtorrent over purevidz your insane. Purevidz is and will be sexy and so easy to use my grandmother can use it from her grave, as long as she's got some wifi and a smartphone. Cheesy

Purevidz and chill is the future, dont miss out man. You been holding this coin for too long, cut your losses and move on to the winner.

So now we've confirmed you're just here for faux concerned trolling to promote some web site.

I'm not bad at troll patrol and you just made it to the top of the troll patrol list.

So, no 'attacking you' on this post. I'm just letting you know how I stand, so both of us know the ground rules from here on out.

Your fucking mental if you think im a troll. I invest serious amounts of btc into alts and when I make a post its because im seriously thinking or feeling like that.

PureVidz to the MOOON!

To each its own, good luck and happy holidays Wink
legendary

I dont.

PureVidz to the MOOON!
Jump to: