Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 215. (Read 436156 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
@vtorrent i downloaded from link above that post this user
as i said i cannot claim that vtorrent client is responsible for theft but it was the last i was doing on my pc
i unlocked client for staking only i couple hours later coins are gone
before that i did not downloaded or install anything from web for the last 3 weeks
and teamviewer was installed but not running
when i wakeup i saw that somebody did using teamviewer
i posted warning about theft but you didnt response anything till now:
Fibre was dumped on beta.bittrex.com same day and for vtorrent i didnt check
i still have original vtorrent clien that i downloaded fromt the link above and i can uploaded

Denis, guys, I think I am not the only one who noticed the links were modified in the reply of the user "djemphol"..?

For example instead of original "https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/releases/download/0.7.2b/vTorrent-Client-Win.zip" in Dev's post (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11073317) there is "http://ge.tt/api/1/files/6hVp1OE2/0/blob?download" in the modified post (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annvtr-vtorrent-share-with-freedom-2fa-hd-bittrex-889481), which could obviously contain virus!

I have checked both wallets using virustotal.com, and indeed they differ!! The wallet from the Dev is 100% clean (detection rate 0 / 57), while the wallet from the link of "djemphol" is modified, and it had detection rate of 3 / 57, with three antiviruses reporting malicious application:

ESET-NOD32    a variant of MSIL/Injector.JCU    20150420
Fortinet    MSIL/Injector.JCG!tr    20150420
Kaspersky    HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic    20150420

Sorry if I said something obvious...

So if thats is true, the user "djemphol" could be the hacker (hacker is actually too honorable word for him, he is more of a simple filcher) who stole your coins..? I don't state that for sure, but he modified the links and inserted virus there! I am shocked and disgusted - user with activity 94 and still very active on forum, is a simple thief..? Disgusting. Probably someone should report him to admins (I don't know whom to contact on this).

@vTorrent: thats the reason why there is a rule - never publish links to wallets outside the OP!! I would suggest everyone (including Denis) to remove the malicious links from their replies!!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Using blockchain technology, Alexandria allows users to distribute practically any sort of media, — including videos, music, podcasts, books and 3D-printable objects — over a global and uncensorable network of computers.

Although Alexandria is promoted as a library, it should be noted that the Alexandria software does not technically store any media itself. Instead, it uses blockchain technology to store and distribute magnet links, which in turn link to the popular peer-to-peer file-sharing protocol BitTorrent.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114007/blocktech-introduces-uncensorable-peer-to-peer-media-library-alexandria

Basically, an opensource version is due out - so Dev get the incentives right in vTorrent because quite a few people are now looking at this so there will be lots of coders releasing open source code soon. Its probably not a matter of technical barriers anymore, its about the best economic model

edits - deletes
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Next morning i saw that somebody was using teamviewer
and empty my VTR i FIBRE wallets

There's your problem right there.  Roll Eyes

But how if teamviewer isnt running? Only installed.

Yes, it could be running as service. There are many Teamviewer 'hack' recently and most of them probably have not even heard of vTorrent.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2oyf9y/updated_info_from_the_40_btc_hack_using_teamviewer/

Please try to find any suspicious script file or log file in your computer.

Regards,

vTorrent
Activity: 614
Merit: 254

There's your problem right there.  Roll Eyes

But how if teamviewer isnt running? Only installed.
legendary
Activity: 966

There's your problem right there.  Roll Eyes
As requested, these are all official build for the latest client (0.7.2b) with MD5 checksum, please only download from official link and verify with checksum for security.

Windows (x64)

Mac OSX

Ubuntu (x64)

Daemon

*armv7l build is suitable for Raspberry and Beaglebone

For more details about this release please check:

Your comments, suggestions, and ideas for improvements including bug reports are very important to our project, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or reply in this thread.

Thank you for supporting our project,

vTorrent

I've just updated my client, will report back later with results. Thanks dev.  Smiley

@vtorrent i downloaded from link above that post this user

as i said i cannot claim that vtorrent client is responsible for theft but it was the last i was doing on my pc

i unlocked client for staking only i couple hours later coins are gone

before that i did not downloaded or install anything from web for the last 3 weeks

and teamviewer was installed but not running

when i wakeup i saw that somebody did using teamviewer

i posted warning about theft but you didnt response anything till now:

e998428efbe6b04d071791c73cea7fe34250c76552ea864969b6ac8b3360b7dc
Datum: 14.4.2015. 11:20
Za: XRsiPpPk2e3gQ4tvNvscXzG2iZHck5FQ7k

Datum: 14.4.2015. 11:22
Za: FHpKKWXEmMWg8qgLVPVhBhZZ6gqm9C8yhF
Zaduženje: -1354.00 FIBRE
Naknada za transakciju: -0.0006 FIBRE
Neto iznos: -1354.0006 FIBRE
ID transakcije: caea948a102dc3baca92d0c926d7027d5f6d0f004931af90401225e63b93cd17

Fibre was dumped on beta.bittrex.com same day and for vtorrent i didnt check

i still have original vtorrent clien that i downloaded fromt the link above and i can uploaded
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Does anyone have any info on this, a Fibrecoin user says his wallet was drained by a hacker who added a keylogger to vTorrent client.

Just wanted to thanks to MXXXXXX for helping me to try get back my stolen coins.

You are really man of honor.  Wink
Did you get your coins back?

No, bittrex wont help.

Quote from support:

Ryan Hentz (Bittrex)

Apr 14, 19:04

Hi,

Bittrex cannot legally lock accounts without a court order or subpoena.

Thank you,

Ryan
So they have conntrol of your bittrex account too....

The cause of his problems was vtorrent client. It had a backdoor malware implemented with keylogger. Hacker sent his coins to Bittrex but they won`t help without a court order or subpoena.

To claim that the cause of the hack is from vTorrent client is non-sense, I always supply MD5 hash with all of my release and if you download your client from my official Github release can ensure you it is clean.

I have spent countless hours trying to help users (and users in other coin) with their wallet problem and I am still holding some of our users fixed corrupted wallet.dat with total amount of 60-70k with their password for months now.

I have a decent job with reasonable pay check. I have absolutely no need to take that route.

I am willing to bet that the problem is with Teamviewer running in the background, please remove/disable it immediately.

EDIT: I am asking for any proof of his/her claim from @mxxxxxx

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11125485

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
-snip-
I cannot prove that fault is in vtorrent client but this is last i was doing on my computer before hack.

-snip

You should be able to check on github.

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/commit/6fabfaea2b5b1713238e6c2fa4915a1d7595af45

Where and how did you download the client?

Did you check your download history for any other sources?

Have you run a malware check? Although, you might get some false positives.
That would be me. Last thing i was doing on my computer was downloading vtorrent client and
run it. Unlocked wallet for staking and goes to sleep. Next morning i saw that somebody was using teamviewer
and empty my VTR i FIBRE wallets. Since i used same password for VTR and FIBRE and didint write my passwords
anywhere only explenation on this that vtorrent client is modified.

I cannot prove that fault is in vtorrent client but this is last i was doing on my computer before hack.

Does anyone have any info on this, a Fibrecoin user says his wallet was drained by a hacker who added a keylogger to vTorrent client.

Just wanted to thanks to MXXXXXX for helping me to try get back my stolen coins.

No, bittrex wont help.

Quote from support:

Ryan Hentz (Bittrex)

Hi,

Thank you,

Ryan

The cause of his problems was vtorrent client. It had a backdoor malware implemented with keylogger. Hacker sent his coins to Bittrex but they won`t help without a court order or subpoena.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500

No, bittrex wont help.

Quote from support:

Ryan Hentz (Bittrex)

Hi,

Thank you,

Ryan

legendary
Activity: 1190
SoNiC BooM
Hi dev.

what will be ETA. for torr implementation now?

thx.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
I agree! Smiley

We need projects like vTorrent and some of the other potential candidates to deliver, we need this big time.

The TPP and TTIP are part of the New World Order agenda to elevate corporations above sovereign counties, also under these secret trade deals, corporations will be able to take states or countries to secret courts if a country or state or country does something to cause profit loss to a corporation.

Yes welcome to Fascism. 

All I really care about is that tracking of personal movements are never allowed. If people have to use encryption to protect their privacy, there should never be laws that prevent that or allow governments to go after people who use encryption.

Corporate firms can be forced by courts to reveal data about customers. No one controls crypto. Add encryption to crypto and implement torrents and we can stick the finger to the bastards that feel they have the right to stamp on personal freedoms. Fuck'em.
legendary

The TPP and TTIP are part of the New World Order agenda to elevate corporations above sovereign counties, also under these secret trade deals, corporations will be able to take states or countries to secret courts if a country or state or country does something to cause profit loss to a corporation.

Yes welcome to Fascism.  

All I really care about is that tracking of personal movements are never allowed. If people have to use encryption to protect their privacy, there should never be laws that prevent that or allow governments to go after people who use encryption.

Corporate firms can be forced by courts to reveal data about customers. No one controls crypto. Add encryption to crypto and implement torrents and we can stick the finger to the bastards that feel they have the right to stamp on personal freedoms. Fuck'em.
legendary
Activity: 1288

Yes welcome to Fascism. 
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have nothing to say really, but I hope this coin is developed to its full potential so I am now watching this thread.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
-snip-
Thanks for that info! Sounds like a smart approach to encrypt everything, but how does a regular user encrypt all their internet traffic, including torrent data?

There are all sorts of people looking at I2P, Tor and other areas of IP obfuscation to deal with linking users legitimate financial transactions with their IP address.

The OP has said that he is using a lot of code from SDC. They are also looking at this area.

Auntie Google can help on i2P.

Thanks! Is there a way to route all your internet traffic through tor? I use it for browsing, but can you run torrents and other applications through it? I suspect the tor network can't handle that much traffic, but in theory can everything go through tor & I2P?
legendary

That article seems to have sparked some additional interest
Jump to: