Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 216. (Read 436156 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
vTorrent Digital Currency Explodes Over 100%

VTR Donations: XNd9sG9cWy9aDQoDCyA6ht8CZkutDFZLUo

http://themerkle.com/speculation/vtorrent-digital-currency-explodes-over-100/
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
We can just share stuff via torrent with password required rars, scene style. Your ISP cannot see what we are downloading or sharing. There is legal stuff in torrents too, so if know one can say what we are sharing/downloading, the monthly bandwidth usage is useless.               

How will you spread the password without ISPs knowing it?
Activity: 453
Merit: 255
We can just share stuff via torrent with password required rars, scene style. Your ISP cannot see what we are downloading or sharing. There is legal stuff in torrents too, so if know one can say what we are sharing/downloading, the monthly bandwidth usage is useless.               
legendary
Activity: 1456
-snip-
Thanks for that info! Sounds like a smart approach to encrypt everything, but how does a regular user encrypt all their internet traffic, including torrent data?

There are all sorts of people looking at I2P, Tor and other areas of IP obfuscation to deal with linking users legitimate financial transactions with their IP address.

The OP has said that he is using a lot of code from SDC. They are also looking at this area.

Auntie Google can help on i2P.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500

If you want to keep your private files private the answer is pretty simple: Encrypt the data first.

The vTorrent roadmap should include the ability to reference encryption, even if using third party tools like Encrypt to do the actual encryption.

The seeder rating system should help deal with people that encrypt malware, and people will upload all sorts of crap.

If I want to upload videos of me naked in the shower, then I would prefer it if I could encrypt the file before it gets seeded.

http://gizmodo.com/5977265/how-megas-encryption-will-protect-you-but-mostly-kim-dotcom

Is it a perfect solution? No. But it protects that network users a little more and it gives me a little more protection because videos of me in the shower are not for ISPs to look at or index.

I would also add indexing tools to enable users to not index in certain countries of their choosing. So as a user, I can opt out of anything to do with the USA - whether its uploading my naked shower videos and making sure they don't get listed for download in the USA; or accidentally downloading my girlfriends naked shower video which she uploaded for me to access while she was on holiday in Florida.

Thanks for that info! Sounds like a smart approach to encrypt everything, but how does a regular user encrypt all their internet traffic, including torrent data?
@coins101

If VTR succeeds it will make torrents invulnerable to takedowns.
But people torrenting will still be tracked down, so it is not the full solution.
You will still need a vpn service.

I guess that is why Mega build encryption into their uploads and therefore downloads.......

so why can't you have VPN & torrent client capabilities built into vTorrent? A one stop shop! Other coins are adding VPN, why not vTorrent!

I agree that rights holders are about to get much more vigorous prosecuting jo & jane citizen to create a deterrent effect, and when that happens people aren't going to feel good about paying for stuff they've been getting for free, especially under 30's who'll freak out if they were suddenly charged  $30 for a CD, which is what I used to pay regularly in my younger days.

Whoever offers a user friendly one-stop-shop that offers anon torrent downloading will seriously clean up. Might as well be vTorrent!

edit: as an aside, IMO the only viable route for rights holders is to buy out ISP's on a global scale, then 'tax' everyone via their broadband charges. Like a VAT or GST charged on every MB downloaded, so digital content is given away free, but everyone pays a little bit for genuine distribution to copyright holders. Can anyone seriously be downloading 100 GB a month without downloading a lot of movies, music etc?

Hello all,

Unfortunately, ancientOne1 is right about this issue, I don't have any plan to prevent problem with ISP tracking down users downloading or uploading illegal content with torrent at this point, but when we have torrent implemented in our client, torrents should be invulnerable to takedowns.

Keep in mind that any feature can be implement in the future, there will likely be many more functions add to our client to improve functionalities and not limited to torrents.

My ultimate goal is to bring in and introduce new people to crypto-currency with our project and our currency.

Regards,

vTorrent

Thank you for that answer vTorrent! Your willingness to listen to opinions and keep an open mind is very encouraging! It's always good to think in stages too, so getting the basic torrent functionality up and running first, then exploring other features later (maybe with the help of other devs) is very wise. I have more confidence in this project every day!!
legendary
@coins101

But people torrenting will still be tracked down, so it is not the full solution.

I guess that is why Mega build encryption into their uploads and therefore downloads.......

so why can't you have VPN & torrent client capabilities built into vTorrent? A one stop shop! Other coins are adding VPN, why not vTorrent!

I agree that rights holders are about to get much more vigorous prosecuting jo & jane citizen to create a deterrent effect, and when that happens people aren't going to feel good about paying for stuff they've been getting for free, especially under 30's who'll freak out if they were suddenly charged  $30 for a CD, which is what I used to pay regularly in my younger days.

Whoever offers a user friendly one-stop-shop that offers anon torrent downloading will seriously clean up. Might as well be vTorrent!

edit: as an aside, IMO the only viable route for rights holders is to buy out ISP's on a global scale, then 'tax' everyone via their broadband charges. Like a VAT or GST charged on every MB downloaded, so digital content is given away free, but everyone pays a little bit for genuine distribution to copyright holders. Can anyone seriously be downloading 100 GB a month without downloading a lot of movies, music etc?

Hello all,

Unfortunately, ancientOne1 is right about this issue, I don't have any plan to prevent problem with ISP tracking down users downloading or uploading illegal content with torrent at this point, but when we have torrent implemented in our client, torrents should be invulnerable to takedowns.

Keep in mind that any feature can be implement in the future, there will likely be many more functions add to our client to improve functionalities and not limited to torrents.

My ultimate goal is to bring in and introduce new people to crypto-currency with our project and our currency.

Regards,

vTorrent

If you want to keep your private files private the answer is pretty simple: Encrypt the data first.

The vTorrent roadmap should include the ability to reference encryption, even if using third party tools like Encrypt to do the actual encryption.

The seeder rating system should help deal with people that encrypt malware, and people will upload all sorts of crap.

If I want to upload videos of me naked in the shower, then I would prefer it if I could encrypt the file before it gets seeded.

http://gizmodo.com/5977265/how-megas-encryption-will-protect-you-but-mostly-kim-dotcom

Is it a perfect solution? No. But it protects that network users a little more and it gives me a little more protection because videos of me in the shower are not for ISPs to look at or index.

I would also add indexing tools to enable users to not index in certain countries of their choosing. So as a user, I can opt out of anything to do with the USA - whether its uploading my naked shower videos and making sure they don't get listed for download in the USA; or accidentally downloading my girlfriends naked shower video which she uploaded for me to access while she was on holiday in Florida.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
@coins101

Hello all,

Regards,

vTorrent
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
does anyone know how many coins in circulation

Number of coins in circulation (total supply) including market cap along with other information in realtime can be found on Dashboard of the new client.

There is also estimated value of the total of coins holding in the client also in realtime provided in both Bitcoin and US Dollars.

I plan to add support for other FIAT currency in later version of the client.

Please check the screenshot below.

All of the data including current Bitcoin price (Coindesk API) and vTorrent price (Bittrex API) on Dashboard is update constantly.

Regards,

vTorrent
@coins101

Activity: 616
does anyone know how many coins in circulation
legendary
@coins101

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
@coins101

legendary
Test cases in Australia will be used by every production company in the world to go after Torrents.

This project is about to go mainstream.

RIGHTS HOLDERS: don't fight fate, grab a wallet and start contributing to the project.

You could end up with a new distribution model that makes you more money, especially on the risky low budget projects.

Here, I've laid it out for you:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10231367
Activity: 704
I just am here to laugh on the fools who still did not sell their coins even when i warned them!!!!!ahahahhahahahahahahayh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey Rakesh hows it going over at SBIT?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ROFL Grin

I must say that I sold 190k VTR way too early, which is basically pretty unusual for me, but anyway - I wish good luck to early investors and "bagholders".

haha it is always funny to over these threads and see what nonsense some ppl come out with...Rakesh if your reading buy in now before this really starts flying!

Thanks buddy, I held mine since mining, lets see where this goes, once we get torrents implemented the market will wake up to this and we should see VTR reach its top ten potential
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
I just am here to laugh on the fools who still did not sell their coins even when i warned them!!!!!ahahahhahahahahahahayh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL Grin

I must say that I sold 190k VTR way too early, which is basically pretty unusual for me, but anyway - I wish good luck to early investors and "bagholders".
Activity: 704

legendary
Activity: 966
It seems a very promising coin, i will buy some in bittrex
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Hi to everyone. Just wanted to inform you that my local computer is hacked and somebody stole my 15000 VTR and 1400 FIBRE

e998428efbe6b04d071791c73cea7fe34250c76552ea864969b6ac8b3360b7dc
Datum: 14.4.2015. 11:20
Za: XRsiPpPk2e3gQ4tvNvscXzG2iZHck5FQ7k

Datum: 14.4.2015. 11:22
Za: FHpKKWXEmMWg8qgLVPVhBhZZ6gqm9C8yhF
Zaduženje: -1354.00 FIBRE
Naknada za transakciju: -0.0006 FIBRE
Neto iznos: -1354.0006 FIBRE
ID transakcije: caea948a102dc3baca92d0c926d7027d5f6d0f004931af90401225e63b93cd17

Jump to: