Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 217. (Read 436156 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
This looks like a great coin idea, ....

....whose time has come
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
This looks like a great coin idea, hope to see the torrent function up soon.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
alright who the * is market buying? ever heard of slow accumulation geez  Roll Eyes

I am sorry I had to market buy a little and I may buy some more since I really can't see how VTR is still trading in ~1000 satoshi range when many coins like Jumbucks is trading at 10 times the price of VTR.

Just download wallet of both coins, you'll understand what I mean.

IMO this coin is WAY under value at this price.

Cheers!
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
@coins101, the witchhunt has started.
The amount of money invested in tracking down pirates is ridiculous indeed.
They would be far better of investing that cash into streaming services.
People are very much willing to pay if there is a good and easy to use service.
But there is non, if you want to see popular services like GoT, fargo, vikings, .... ,whatever.
You will have to be subbed to like 5 services, if netflix just had all the new series/movies.

For now, nothing beats the ease of use and availability of torrents...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
crunck
So how many of these do you need to have a reasonable chance of minting/mining via POS ?

Some examples of coins v POS income would be great , Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Rights holders going after torrent users, ISPs forced to disclose information.

This is such a bad move on the part of the rights holders. It will only come back to bite them in other ways. They should figure out ways to make streaming movies easier for people and package up movies to make it more compelling to rent new films online rather than force people to use Torrents or force them to cinemas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-07/dallas-buyers-club-isps-must-hand-over-customer-details/6375358

edit

Stream movies for $1 per film to 200m -500m homes around the world and pretty much every film you make will make you a fortune. You also cut out the distribution chains, so its all profit after you've paid for production costs.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
maybe noob question, but how does the messaging work?
Do you have to spend vtr to send a message that gets build into the chain as a comment?

Hello mikerbiker6,

In our new client, we have both 'instant messaging' like secure messaging which requires no need to send or spend VTR to send a message and the one close to your understanding, short message or narration within transaction.

Below is the example of sending short message with your transaction.

To send, enter your short message in Narration field (max 24 characters)

Transactions with Narration or short message attached will have yellow envelope icon next to the transaction, place your mouse over the icon to read the message.

Please give it a try and provide some feedback, I will post more update about torrent implementation and other part of development in our project soon.

Regards,

vTorrent
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
thanks dev!! can you report any progress on the all important torrent features of vTorrent?
As requested, these are all official build for the latest client (0.7.2b) with MD5 checksum, please only download from official link and verify with checksum for security.

Windows (x64)

vTorrent-Client-Win.zip - 3388b1cd3bbc59383d0ed8a35b96fd0d
vTorrent-Classic-Win.zip - 48dcc0c0679417824dce35a4b075568e

Mac OSX

vTorrent-Client-OSX.zip - a33277db811f85ebab5dc6a33c22a757
vTorrent-Classic-OSX.zip - b464b131a5d5e626f1947f746a229450

Ubuntu (x64)

vTorrent-Client-Ubuntu.zip - 9feef6b439b6891195bef7032600733d
vTorrent-Classic-Ubuntu.zip - 49c51b51065b73088ded758b94ce7d32

Daemon

vTorrentd-Ubuntu-x86_64.zip - 096a5f14782097ae951a26dfdb0d8490
vTorrentd-Ubuntu-armv7l.zip - 1c8b4ae3beaa2d3e5e3950fbf7f17efd

*armv7l build is suitable for Raspberry and Beaglebone

For more details about this release please check:

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/releases/tag/0.7.2b

Your comments, suggestions, and ideas for improvements including bug reports are very important to our project, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or reply in this thread.

Thank you for supporting our project,

vTorrent
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Eager to see the beta results.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
alright who the * is market buying? ever heard of slow accumulation geez  Roll Eyes

haha, i was thinking similar! This coin feels like a bucking bronco just before the rodeo clown opens the gate. I guess some people want to ride BEFORE we see the torrent tech delivered

I think it's called trust for this project and dev.
Trust in crypto? Gets you rekt 99% of the time Smiley
Activity: 453
Merit: 255

haha, i was thinking similar! This coin feels like a bucking bronco just before the rodeo clown opens the gate. I guess some people want to ride BEFORE we see the torrent tech delivered

I think it's called trust for this project and dev.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
maybe noob question, but how does the messaging work?
Do you have to spend vtr to send a message that gets build into the chain as a comment?
Just as an aside, in Australia we're just on the verge of a major crackdown on torrent downloads. The rights holders have picked their test case and ISP's are being ordered to hand over customer details, rumour has it BIG fines will be levelled out to quell the apetite of aussie pirates (which by most estimates are some of the biggest downloaders per capita in the world). It's taken a while to get here but IMO the era of running torrent clients by Jo Public is nearly over. Whoever comes up with a viable alternative for wholesale downloading of torrents that isn't detectable by ISP's, which I assume is vTorrent client, could potentially revolutionise the internet, and make a bucket load of money. I hope that's VTR.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/04/08/isps-lose-torrent-privacy-battle.html

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
alright who the * is market buying? ever heard of slow accumulation geez  Roll Eyes
Stealth adress working or still in  beta? Can i safely use it?

Everything is working fine, but as I have said, there are some bugs in the secure messaging protocol that may cause the client to crash at certain time.

To avoid the crash for now, please run "smsgdisable" in debug window to completely disable secure messaging protocol in the client.

Latest source and build is dependent upon libsecp256k1 by Sipa, so people who wants to build the client themselves will need to grab latest libsecp256k1 from https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1 and build it on your system first.

With problem in secure messaging protocol, this client is not ready for mainstream but it should fit for everyday use.

Regards,

vTorrent
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Stealth adress working or still in  beta? Can i safely use it?
I'm interested in this coin, but I note there is either no windows wallet or if there is its not working right.

Simple question can I do the following ?

Install the github source on my dedi server

Sync it up

Send some VTR to the online wallet

Leave it staking.

Will that work or is it not as simple as that ?

Thanks for your answers....

I am building windows latest beta build at the moment and will also push the new updated source on Github.

I will post again after I finished upload the new wallet and put the download link up on the first post.

If you would like to build the client yourself, please wait and build from the new source.

EDIT: new updated source and latest windows client build is on Github

Latest Commit:

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/commit/6fabfaea2b5b1713238e6c2fa4915a1d7595af45

Latest Build:

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/releases/tag/0.7.2b

Sorry for all the trouble,

vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
crunck
I'm interested in this coin, but I note there is either no windows wallet or if there is its not working right.

Simple question can I do the following ?

Install the github source on my dedi server

Sync it up

Send some VTR to the online wallet

Leave it staking.

Will that work or is it not as simple as that ?

Thanks for your answers....
Jump to: