Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 225. (Read 436148 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

Thank you for your report,

All links has been updated and link for new beta (OSX version) is also posted in the first post as feedback from private beta has been good so far.

Thank you for your support.

Dev please compile a Windows version of the beta, if you want to be taken serious.
Also do something with the feedback people are giving here, for example, change the total to 10 million and the premine in 6% in the OP, because the 20 million and 3% are not correct, as we have stated before.

I have a tip for you, sell your BTC and buy an iMac then you have a good computer , windows sucks , look at the problems that people have with windows wallet and people who have problems imac
99% windos problems
01 % imac

have patience everything will be fine , I have 100 % confidence in the dev
better good programming slowly
quickly and you get garbage

Grin

Absolute nonsense; all coins should be released on all OS and Linux/open source should be the first priority.

I agree with you  Smiley I am not using Windows myself BTW, was asking it for other people, I am a Linux and open source proponent. Have been using Linux since 15 years (specifically Ubuntu in the last 5 years) and have not used Windows for quite some time. I am able to compile for Linux, so would not be a problem for me if Dev would put the BETA source code on Github, but he seems to have some problems with that.

BTW, I see no progress with this coin at all, but might be only me having too high standards.
Anyway I see Frazazel has an iMac, so at least he will be able to test the new beta. Would be nice to hear from you and see some screenshots and commentary on the exchange features.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

All links has been updated and link for new beta (OSX version) is also posted in the first post as feedback from private beta has been good so far.

Dev please compile a Windows version of the beta, if you want to be taken serious.
Also do something with the feedback people are giving here, for example, change the total to 10 million and the premine in 6% in the OP, because the 20 million and 3% are not correct, as we have stated before.

I have a tip for you, sell your BTC and buy an iMac then you have a good computer , windows sucks , look at the problems that people have with windows wallet and people who have problems imac
99% windos problems
01 % imac

Grin

Absolute nonsense; all coins should be released on all OS and Linux/open source should be the first priority.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

I haven't quite figured out if the 20million is going to be issued in 2 phases - 10m PoW (done), 10m PoS interest @5% per year until max coin.

would be useful to have some clarification.
Activity: 340

99% windos problems
01 % imac

Grin
And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

legendary
Dev

Can I suggest thinking about / testing an easier to implement solution such as

https://untorrent.me/

?

This is sort of a two stage process, (1) link to existing services such as the one above or create something similar, then (2) keep working on the harder long-term plan.

Anyone else have a view?
Activity: 627
The Pope Of Dope
dont know if i should buy more
legendary
Can dev please update as at least to say you're still working on this? Also I still haven't received a response about my wallet issue.

up thread

And by the way i can´t download any wallet from dev ann post, (maybe the files are deleted, the link follow only to filedropper.com ). Can someone  try?

Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Can dev please update as at least to say you're still working on this? Also I still haven't received a response about my wallet issue.
legendary
Activity: 1190
SoNiC BooM
Has anybody tested new MAC OSX wallet?...can you provide us with some details

Thx
legendary
Activity: 1288

Dev can you fix the data on coinmarketcap? Thanks.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Some updates on vTorrent development progress,

I have been working on vTorrent almost full time recently, adding many new unique features to the client, I just need to work on a few things more and new beta should be ready for public.

Here are some current screenshot,

To all community members, please do not hesitate to throw out some great idea for our upcoming betas.

Sorry for the delays and thank you for your support as always.

Hi Dev, a kind reminder that 6 days have passed since your last reply in this thread and everybody is waiting impatiently for the new beta with those many unique features you promised, but would not reveal yet. Please keep us updated on the progress  Wink
legendary
Can you fix the coin supply data so coinmarketcap picks up the VTR value.

bump, dev  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
OK chaps, just had a thought about why this will take off.

GCHQ, NSA etc., capture data that flows through international routing hubs. Transatlantic data that goes through sea cables goes through just a few hubs before it distributes around a country or continent.

That's how these organisations can capture most of the data that travels around the internet. Through the routing hubs. It makes their job so much easier.

The same happens with ISPs. They track data traffic and profit from that information.

If local seeders obtain files and then seed to their immediate local area, say within a 5-10 mile radius, then ISPs and anyone else looking to profit off data traffic analysis, well they are out of luck.

Internet traffic tracking for media files now needs to include crypto <> torrent seeders.

Also, the load on the internet gets removed because traffic is more local, thus allowing the internet to continue growing without major infrastructure changes or extra charges based on bandwidth use by users.  ISPs would pay seeders for this help.

There are so many ways for seeders to get paid. Who will give away files, when someone else is distributing it free, but making a profit from doing so. We just killed torrents.  Grin

Hello all I am new to this community. Can someone explain the fundementals of this coin to me? What will the currency be used for....what will make it valuable?    Will people get "paid" for uploading content and if it has many seeders / leechers you get paid? Do seeders also get paid? How does this work....brilliant idea however I am glad someone is doing this. Also can someone tell coinmarketcap to update their shit?
legendary

GCHQ, NSA etc., capture data that flows through international routing hubs. Transatlantic data that goes through sea cables goes through just a few hubs before it distributes around a country or continent.

That's how these organisations can capture most of the data that travels around the internet. Through the routing hubs. It makes their job so much easier.

The same happens with ISPs. They track data traffic and profit from that information.

If local seeders obtain files and then seed to their immediate local area, say within a 5-10 mile radius, then ISPs and anyone else looking to profit off data traffic analysis, well they are out of luck.

Internet traffic tracking for media files now needs to include crypto <> torrent seeders.

Also, the load on the internet gets removed because traffic is more local, thus allowing the internet to continue growing without major infrastructure changes or extra charges based on bandwidth use by users.  ISPs would pay seeders for this help.

There are so many ways for seeders to get paid. Who will give away files, when someone else is distributing it free, but making a profit from doing so. We just killed torrents.  Grin

Hello all I am new to this community. Can someone explain the fundementals of this coin to me? What will the currency be used for....what will make it valuable?    Will people get "paid" for uploading content and if it has many seeders / leechers you get paid? Do seeders also get paid? How does this work....brilliant idea however I am glad someone is doing this. Also can someone tell coinmarketcap to update their shit?

Always tread with caution. It's still early days on all these projects. I've dipped my toe in the waters, but keeping options open - including taking on projects in this space if needed.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I like the concept of darkleaks. I am pretty sure I heard about this on a LTB podcast a few weeks ago.

Darkleaks seems to have a huge flaw though, what is keeping a leaker honest, there isnt even a reputation system right? Since it is all anonmymous?

Let's say a leaker has a Kardashian nude pic. Leaker sells this pic to kim or one of her fans. Whyat is keeping the leaker from making a copy and selling the nude pic again a month later?
blockchain is great fro a ton of things, I dont think darkleaks is one of them.

legendary
source_filename = "ROJAVA"
chunks_directory = "./test/"
number_chunks = 20

def setup_testdir(path):
    if os.path.isdir(path):
        shutil.rmtree(path)
    os.makedirs(path)

def checksum(filename):
    f = open(filename)
    return hashlib.sha1(f.read()).hexdigest()

setup_testdir(chunks_directory)
print "Digest of source file:", checksum(source_filename)

actual_chunks = darkleaks.start(source_filename, chunks_directory, 20)
print "Created", actual_chunks, "chunks."

# Now the chunks are passed around on BitTorrent...

# The block comes and is mined. Now we have the block_hash.
block_hash = "000000000000000014d8d1db40f33e87e8c9c5f37accb2718d40a7a1860b98c4".decode("hex")
# The leaker promised beforehand to release 10 chunks, so based
# off the block hash he now releases the pubkeys for those.
# Users can:
#   A) see that the donate addresses are generated from these
#   pubkeys as specified per chunk.
#   B) see that the pubkeys are actually used to decrypt the chunks.
# The leaker cannot preselect which chunks will get selected for
# revealing, only the number (which he announced publically).

proofs = darkleaks.prove(
    source_filename, number_chunks, block_hash, number_chunks)

Wink
Jump to: