Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 253. (Read 436050 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
Confirmed scam. Let everyone know. (Magnet coin)

I'm dying.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Just an average guy with an average job!
Is it just me or are others on the lifeforce pool getting insane amounts of "You last logged in from *****" notifications. I'm logged in and keep getting pages worth of these notifications when i click various stats of the pool. It's just a little inconvenient to be clicking the X to close them off like 50+ times every few minutes :\
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
We now have Vtorrent pool up and running, and will remove Magnetz as it's shady

http://backup-pool.com added to the first post.

Thank you for your support.
Activity: 338
https://eloncity.io/
We now have Vtorrent pool up and running, and will investigate magnetz to see what is going on
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
On the other hand, I might just get into VTR in the new year Smiley

So (almost) same thing happened to King - look at the price changing after end of POW, they were thinking about cutting it as well, but it seems to have worked out fine.
As long as there's an active dev like you, and there's progress, price will go up - ignore the dumpers.

Edit: should you consider updating the thread with expected max coins at end of pow (regularly, as more and more pos blocks kick in), that I think would help with building some buy support.
Also a little TA shows that there's certainly some buyer interest forming already.

Thank you all for support and feedback.

@pnoch Good job on preventing people from losing their hard earn money in yet another scam ICO, I've also checked their source and it's a clear scam, real shame on them.
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Seems very silly to me to do a hard fork to reduce the block rewards when PoW only lasts 97,000 blocks anyway.  I realize these days that is a long time but it means we are already about 1/3 of the way done with PoW.

We will end up with far less than 20 million coins anyway.  I have been keeping my wallet open 24/7 and am steady stealing away PoW blocks with my staking.  Reducing the rewards in the middle of PoW phase just screams scam to people and scares them off.  Just focus on development and support will come in as people see progress being made.  In the meantime, let them dump away.
Actually come to think of it this guy is right and we don't want people thinking that this coin is a scam because it is so far from a scam and we want to continue building the community up and support Smiley
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
Seems very silly to me to do a hard fork to reduce the block rewards when PoW only lasts 97,000 blocks anyway.  I realize these days that is a long time but it means we are already about 1/3 of the way done with PoW.

We will end up with far less than 20 million coins anyway.  I have been keeping my wallet open 24/7 and am steady stealing away PoW blocks with my staking.  Reducing the rewards in the middle of PoW phase just screams scam to people and scares them off.  Just focus on development and support will come in as people see progress being made.  In the meantime, let them dump away.
Activity: 127
From my research with new Magnetz release today,

Magnetz is just a lame attempt at scamming people with ICO, I've check their code and I can't believe my eyes, it is just a exact duplicate of old "torrentcoin" (also x13 algo) (https://github.com/torrentcointeam/torrentcoin) that died from dev ran away long time ago.

All of their 'torrent' code and UI, is just a copy from that old 'torrentcoin"

their torrentpage.cpp torrentpage.ui is 100% clone from the old code.

Fail much?

The wallet UI overall is completely standard and again exact duplicate from the old "torrentcoin"

Even the same mistake in bitcoingui.cpp (same exact mistake with setStatusTip and setShortcut)

Magnetz - bitcoingui.cpp

Code:
    addressBookAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/address-book"), tr("&Addresses"), this);
    addressBookAction->setStatusTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    addressBookAction->setToolTip(addressBookAction->statusTip());
    addressBookAction->setCheckable(true);
    addressBookAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(addressBookAction);
    torrentPageAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/magnet"), tr("&Torrent"), this);
    torrentPageAction->setToolTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    torrentPageAction->setCheckable(true);
    torrentPageAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(torrentPageAction);

Torrentcoin - bitcoingui.cpp

Code:
    addressBookAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/address-book"), tr("&Addresses"), this);
    addressBookAction->setStatusTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    addressBookAction->setToolTip(addressBookAction->statusTip());
    addressBookAction->setCheckable(true);
    addressBookAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(addressBookAction);
    torrentPageAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/magnet"), tr("&Torrent"), this);
    torrentPageAction->setToolTip(tr("Edit the list of stored addresses and labels"));
    torrentPageAction->setCheckable(true);
    torrentPageAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence(Qt::ALT + Qt::Key_5));
    tabGroup->addAction(torrentPageAction);

More over, Magnetz ANN is very similiar to STABLE ANN page which is also one of the scam ICO project (Check the roadmap phrase) both ANN is also self-moderated topic.

Check here:
Magnetz ANN (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmgt-magnetz-blockchain-torrents-piratebay-replacer-ico-x13-900716) *self-moderated topic
TorrentCoin ANN (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anntctorrentcoinpowx13dgwipo-nownew-wallet-633546)
STABLE ANN (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annstab-stable-ico-is-over-controlled-price-increases-886555) *self-moderated topic

Obviously Magnetz so-called 'dev' is just a team with good graphic designer but know nothing about coding.

People should be investing in real project not just some scammer, but I'm pretty sure they have some good connections with people from checking their thread.

vTorrent non-ICO coin is what people who wants 'torrent on blockchain' should be support and invest in.

LET'S STOP THE SCAMMER!
im confused will seeding make more coins o.O

Hello,

As soon as the client with in-client trading is out of beta, running solid and bug-free across all of the operating system, and the issue with block reward is solves (possibly through voting by the community), we will be moving on to details in implementing torrent protocol to the client and network.

As of now, the current design is to reward those who contribute to the community (uploader, seeder).

They will not make more coins as in staking but they will be reward by the users who download the torrent itself (leecher).

There will be beta version available before the final version of the client with torrent implemented, the same way as in-client trading, beta-testers will be able to leave feedback from their experience.

Activity: 627
Merit: 250
The Pope Of Dope
im confused will seeding make more coins o.O
I'm dying.
If I were in your place, I wouldn't touch block rewards.
People will be people, scared for their investments. Low prices wont last for long, it's all matter of time before you deliver the new wallet(s).
Price will rise back slowly.

Never change your original plans because some people panic. If you have/had a vision, stick to it.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
Loving it! Keep up the good work dev.

It's really sad seems like nobody loves and support great coin and great dev like you but root for ICO coin with nice video and marketing instead  Huh

Indeed, I still don't understand how community won't support coins which can be freely mine with no fancy 55BTC marketing cost ICO anymore.

Beta version of Windows client should be ready by today or tomorrow.

Being Proof of work (POW) currency, there are constantly pressure of dumping from miners with our block reward at 200 VTR ~288,000 VTR per day.

If community think this is a good thing for vTorrent, there can be hard fork decreasing the block reward to 50 VTR or below and keeping the same supply in total.

In turn, the price of VTR should be much more stable since there won't be anymore big dump from miners.

Please comment in thread about this matters,

With you on this! I would go as low as 10VTR block reward

It's really sad seems like nobody loves and support great coin and great dev like you but root for ICO coin with nice video and marketing instead  Huh

Indeed, I still don't understand how community won't support coins which can be freely mine with no fancy 55BTC marketing cost ICO anymore.

Being Proof of work (POW) currency, there are constantly pressure of dumping from miners with our block reward at 200 VTR ~288,000 VTR per day.

If community think this is a good thing for vTorrent, there can be hard fork decreasing the block reward to 50 VTR or below and keeping the same supply in total.

In turn, the price of VTR should be much more stable since there won't be anymore big dump from miners.

Well the max coin supply is supposed to be 20 million coins right? Then I wouldn't mind seeing the block reward decreased if that pleases the rest of the community Smiley  I think it would definitely help the coins price rise a bit more and miners wouldn't be as quick to dump their coins that they are working for either Smiley  I also think that it's pretty sad that some 55 BTC ICO coin clone copy with a nice video grabs the attention of traders nowadays more than a hard working transparent Dev who works hard and works hard for his coin and community Smiley Just keep up the good work Dev and your coin will prevail long term that's a guarantee Smiley

Activity: 127
Some miner improve over beta version of client for OSX

Only Mac OSX version is available at the moment, support for other operating will follow soon.

Mac OSX (QT) |  vTorrent-Client1.1b.dmg - f38ff5f22564ba146327e4f3e1fbc247 (MD5 hash)

Beta user please report your feedback in thread.

Some miner improve over beta version of client for OSX

Only Mac OSX version is available at the moment, support for other operating will follow soon.

Mac OSX (QT) |  vTorrent-Client1.1b.dmg - f38ff5f22564ba146327e4f3e1fbc247 (MD5 hash)

Beta user please report your feedback in thread.

Most features coming to in-client realtime trading in the next beta version.
-Last Price, Bid Price, Ask Price flashes with colours indicating increasing or decreasing of the price.
-Settings to let user choose to turn off realtime update of price to manual.
-Overall improvement of UX/UI.

More function will be added to make trading experience as close as possible or even better to trading in browser.

From my personal experience, price updates in Order book in client are almost instant and most of the time faster than on the browser itself.

Beta tester please leave feedback in thread,

Thank you all for your support.
Looks really nice Dev Smiley Looking really forward to testing this out Smiley Cheers
Jump to: