Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 251. (Read 436148 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Do not fork.
Why?
If you do that, less people will be able to get coins through mining phase.
Mining = backbone of crypto.

Most of people who're asking for block reward reduction, just want to get money quickly. They're afraid for their investment. Which is logical. They started mining with the current scheme, so they took a risk. That should be enough to say.

I don't see what's wrong with a 2 month mining period. When mining ends, price will skyrocket.
If we consider this project is legit, this coin has a bright future ahead.

Its already not worthwhile mining vTorrent, you will lose money if you don´t have new generation miners with a low price electricity facility.
This kind of miners are not mining for the believe of the crypto, they are only mining to sell it and make profit instantly (what is actually happening with bitcoins as well). Its actually a lot cheaper to buy the coin than to mine it for "regular miners".

Well and most people who´re voting for stay as it is, are afraid of their company mining incomes ?!

In 2 month mining period the coin could die or even being replaced by another coin with better economic asset structure (thats what I am also afraid of bitcoins, who knows bitcoin will not being replaced by another coin until the next block rewards?)

BINGO!! Developer take note, you need mining. It's backbone to a real coin. If this goes POS I'll be out for sure and POS is a coin killing profit maker.
Activity: 378
One of the vTorrent user yumei have started a poll for us regarding block reward issue,

vTorrent investors and miners please drop by and leave your feedback on block reward at

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vtorrent-voting-should-we-keep-the-block-reward-or-reduce-it-to-lower-size-906844

Thank you all for your support.

Hi, so new to this coin, but here's some things to consider when doing community polls. 99% of cryptos are scams, people involved long enough know this. So to do a poll some will vote in favor of a quick $$$ and not in best interest of coin.

If you are serious about developing this coin, I would suggest long term mining, NO POS. All POS really is a scam except peercoin (paycoin is peercoin ripoff and a huge ponzi).

So really IMO if you want to be legit, you go long term years of mining, that is really only way to get more coins longer period of time and grow this coin naturally. POS will kill this coin and make it a pump and dump. Nobody will invest new money into POS, and unless they are noobs no new investments will grow. Usually same stakeholders keep coins up, overall is rule, not absolute for all POS coins though. BC, Peercoin exception, NXT not bad coin but mostly same holders.

Anyways, If you are serious about developing this coin, and doing something big, then stay with LONGTERM POW, and up blocks over the years, maybe smaller rewards, and do it sooner than later.

My 2 cents.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I started a poll about how to continue with vTorrent coins.

1. Keep it as it is ( No changes at all )
2. Decreasing mining block size to 10 ( There won´t be any change on the amount of POW created coins, but they will be created in a much larger timespan, like 10 years instead of ~ 30 days actually )
3. Going fully POS   (Going fully POS right now, which means rigorous changes at all)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vtorrent-voting-should-we-keep-the-block-reward-or-reduce-it-to-lower-size-906844
Keep mining, so that more people involved.
Activity: 185
Do not fork.
Why?

Most of people who're asking for block reward reduction, just want to get money quickly. They're afraid for their investment. Which is logical. They started mining with the current scheme, so they took a risk. That should be enough to say.

I don't see what's wrong with a 2 month mining period. When mining ends, price will skyrocket.

Its already not worthwhile mining vTorrent, you will lose money if you don´t have new generation miners with a low price electricity facility.
This kind of miners are not mining for the believe of the crypto, they are only mining to sell it and make profit instantly (what is actually happening with bitcoins as well). Its actually a lot cheaper to buy the coin than to mine it for "regular miners".

Well and most people who´re voting for stay as it is, are afraid of their company mining incomes ?!

In 2 month mining period the coin could die or even being replaced by another coin with better economic asset structure (thats what I am also afraid of bitcoins, who knows bitcoin will not being replaced by another coin until the next block rewards?)
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
One of the vTorrent user yumei have started a poll for us regarding block reward issue,

vTorrent investors and miners please drop by and leave your feedback on block reward at

Do not fork.
Why?

That's all from me. Voted in his topic.

3. Going fully POS   (Going fully POS right now, which means rigorous changes at all)
This will create a hype and coin is going to die in less than 2 weeks. I've seen this happening.

Thank you for your feedback.

After voting is done, I will review all of the options throughly again.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.

Do not fork.
Why?

That's all from me. Voted in his topic.

3. Going fully POS   (Going fully POS right now, which means rigorous changes at all)
This will create a hype and coin is going to die in less than 2 weeks. I've seen this happening.
Activity: 185
I started a poll about how to continue with vTorrent coins.

1. Keep it as it is ( No changes at all )
2. Decreasing mining block size to 10 ( There won´t be any change on the amount of POW created coins, but they will be created in a much larger timespan, like 10 years instead of ~ 30 days actually )

addnode=31.220.49.95:32524
addnode=31.220.49.178:42524
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=24.37.155.182

These nodes are tested working.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.

I'm running a copy of vTorrent 24/7 on a linux box I have, I will PM you the IP.

First post updated with a list of new nodes.

Thank you for your support.
Activity: 522
I can't get the windows wallet to sync (out of sync).. I have tried to add notes listed in the OP, but still won't work. Can someone confirm which one should work? Or what am I possible doing wrong?

addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=24.37.155.182

I'm running a copy of vTorrent 24/7 on a linux box I have, I will PM you the IP.
Activity: 627
The Pope Of Dope
i have a feeling this coin will make us rich Tongue
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
I can't get the windows wallet to sync (out of sync).. I have tried to add notes listed in the OP, but still won't work. Can someone confirm which one should work? Or what am I possible doing wrong?

addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=24.37.155.182

Thanks I finally have now only 2 connections with the network and on block count 34643 so it seems to be working, BUT I can't find my address here: http://www.[Suspicious link removed]/index.php?blockexplorer=VTR&top_addresses=100 when I do search and my address seems to be like 3 times longer than others...

WTF??

To get short standard version of addresses from your client, please check in 'Coin Control Features' (Preference > Display > Display coin control features)
then go in the send tab you will see that there is 'Inputs..." button, inside you should see the list of all your address in standard short version.

Please keep in mind that your coin might be spread in multiple addresses thus not showing in the 'rich list'

Ahaa YES! Now I understand.. This was new to me Smiley

Thanks for your swift help I might have to invest more in your coin  Grin

addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=24.37.155.182

Thanks I finally have now only 2 connections with the network and on block count 34643 so it seems to be working, BUT I can't find my address here: http://www.[Suspicious link removed]/index.php?blockexplorer=VTR&top_addresses=100 when I do search and my address seems to be like 3 times longer than others...

WTF??

To get short standard version of addresses from your client, please check in 'Coin Control Features' (Preference > Display > Display coin control features)
then go in the send tab you will see that there is 'Inputs..." button, inside you should see the list of all your address in standard short version.

Please keep in mind that your coin might be spread in multiple addresses thus not showing in the 'rich list'

addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=24.37.155.182

Thanks I finally have now only 2 connections with the network and on block count 34643 so it seems to be working, BUT I can't find my address here: http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=VTR&top_addresses=100 when I do search and my address seems to be like 3 times longer than others...

WTF??

addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=24.37.155.182

Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Mining the shiz out of this. 20 million? Serves a purpose? No brainer to throw so hash at it. Wouldnt be surprised to see other start doing the same Grin
I've been throwing hash at it for a while now buddy Wink
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Mining the shiz out of this. 20 million? Serves a purpose? No brainer to throw so hash at it. Wouldnt be surprised to see other start doing the same Grin
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
dev, can you please improve linux documentation for those of us who are stupid at linux.

also link to vtorrent-ubuntu-daemon is broken on first page of this thread.

All download link on the first post is fixed.

I will try to write a Linux friendly build instruction soon.

It's all good Dev the community loves how active you are with this coin and how quickly you respond to the communities questions Smiley Keep up the amazing work Wink Cheers
dev, can you please improve linux documentation for those of us who are stupid at linux.

also link to vtorrent-ubuntu-daemon is broken on first page of this thread.

All download link on the first post is fixed.

I will try to write a Linux friendly build instruction soon.

Jump to: