Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 252. (Read 436050 times)

Activity: 597
Merit: 504
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I dont see anything new about this coin,merely a clone of SC.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
what is the difference between storj and vtorrent??

u get STORJ for acting as a node and sharing disk space + bandwith and all data is shredded and encrypted.
Activity: 673
Merit: 500
Yes I would also like to know what the difference between these two coins is?

Is there anything that is similar?
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Yes I would also like to know what the difference between these two coins is?
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Dev, this is a great project. I am surprised not more people support this coin. Heck, I am more surprised that Youtube and other file-sharing services have not jumped on or stole this idea. As people upload more of their videos/photos (of their cats or whatever), these companies could use "miners" and their storage space to alleviate their capital costs. Am I missing something? Who knows there might be something out there already, but I am not very up-to-date or savvy about internet stuff.  Tongue

Keep up the good work!!! 100% supporter here.
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I received a PM the other night about the Magnetzcoin or whatever the copy of this coin is urging me not to buy into it because it was a copy of this coin and just going to rip me off Smiley This is good news that people are PMing other people to make them aware that this is the original coin for this and that the other one is just a rip off copy coin that is in it just to rip off the BTC Smiley Cheers and keep up the good work Dev Wink
Activity: 522
dev, can you please improve linux documentation for those of us who are stupid at linux.

also link to vtorrent-ubuntu-daemon is broken on first page of this thread.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Windows wallet no active connections as of 23 Dec. It worked OK since launch. Any ideas?

Please try to add nodes from the first post.

The new beta client will have all of those nodes hard coded and should requires no further action from users.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
I've made a txt file and saved with nodes. Does it need a specific name and place to go as Its still not working. Thanks.

Put all the nodes in text file and save it as 'vTorrent.conf' then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:
Windows drive (C:) -> Users -> $YOURUSERNAME -> AppData -> Roaming -> vTorrent

For Mac:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

OR

Code:
/Users/$YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

For Linux:

Code:
~/.vTorrent/

Please let me know if you still have any problem after following this procedures,

Thank you for your support.
Perfect thanks. Working now. Hope the coin grows.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Windows wallet no active connections as of 23 Dec. It worked OK since launch. Any ideas?

The new beta client will have all of those nodes hard coded and should requires no further action from users.

I've made a txt file and saved with nodes. Does it need a specific name and place to go as Its still not working. Thanks.

Put all the nodes in text file and save it as 'vTorrent.conf' then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:
Windows drive (C:) -> Users -> $YOURUSERNAME -> AppData -> Roaming -> vTorrent

For Mac:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

OR

Code:
/Users/$YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

For Linux:

Code:
~/.vTorrent/

Please let me know if you still have any problem after following this procedures,

Thank you for your support.

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Imho we need a hard-fork as fast as possible to reduce the amount of vtorrents being mined per block.

Actually vTorrent is being abused from miners doing just a mine and dump game who surely give a fuck about vTorrent concept at all.
We just should decrease the amounts of coins mined per block to someting like 10.
1. It will stabilise the price,
2. It will stay attractiv for miners on long-term and not only for the small period of mining proposed actually.
3. It will not change anything on the concept because the total number of coins being distributed won´t change.

Activity: 195

Activity: 192
Just an average guy with an average job!
Is it just me or are others on the lifeforce pool getting insane amounts of "You last logged in from *****" notifications. I'm logged in and keep getting pages worth of these notifications when i click various stats of the pool. It's just a little inconvenient to be clicking the X to close them off like 50+ times every few minutes :\

Yeah, i got the same. Its a bit annoying but click on "Blocks"  then back on "Pool" and they are all gone.
No need to manually close them.  Wink

Haha legend thanks man. My OCD was killing me with seeing them and having to click many times to close all the notifications.
Activity: 275
Is it just me or are others on the lifeforce pool getting insane amounts of "You last logged in from *****" notifications. I'm logged in and keep getting pages worth of these notifications when i click various stats of the pool. It's just a little inconvenient to be clicking the X to close them off like 50+ times every few minutes :\

Yeah, i got the same. Its a bit annoying but click on "Blocks"  then back on "Pool" and they are all gone.
No need to manually close them.  Wink
Activity: 192
Just an average guy with an average job!
Well Rome wasn't built in a day... The coin's most promising feature isn't ready yet so I'd imagine the price is where it's at because of this. I love how quick stakes are appearing tho, I'm not used to this kind of quick staking but I'll take it nonetheless Smiley
So what's with VTR? Is it ok? Price seems very low at the moment.
Activity: 127
From my research with...

Obviously Magnetz so-called 'dev' is just a team with good graphic designer but know nothing about coding.

People should be investing in real project not just some scammer, but I'm pretty sure they have some good connections with people from checking their thread.

vTorrent non-ICO coin is what people who wants 'torrent on blockchain' should be support and invest in.

LET'S STOP THE SCAMMER!
I've looked for shills, there are no shills. It's 2 persons, maximum.
One is the graphic designer, the other one is the PR/marketing guy.
First thing I noticed is that it's similar to STB as well.
They just took VTR's idea and trying to make a buck based on it.

Keep fighting the scammers.

Interesting, i've compared the source with vTorrent, not with TorrentCoin thats why I did not see any problems at first, but it seems like it's really just a clone

You should re-post this in Magnetz thread again so people will know that it is just a clone and (possible) scam.
Jump to: