Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 266. (Read 436049 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Windows. It just synched, but crashed when I tried to mine to it.

I'll look in to it, but we've tested on a few windows box without problem.

Thank you for your reporting.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Windows. It just synched, but crashed when I tried to mine to it.
Wallet doesn't synch, and also crashes.

Hello,

I'm sorry for your inconvenient, please tell us what os are you using?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Wallet doesn't synch, and also crashes.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
waiting totalscan links/pools
First post updated with download link to vTorrent client and source code.

Thank you for anyone who interest in our project.

Any questions or suggestions is welcome as always.
From reading this , i assume the idea is that people get your coin for uploading stuff that has to be bought , like piratebay , and i get how you're gonna be able to pay them. However , lets for a second assume this is not just another scam coin , WHY would anyone want to download from this instead of ex piratebay? and why in the name of god , would people be buying this coin if it would just be constant dumping from people that uploaded stuff. I see some kind of idea here , but in my eyes this is just another scam , please give us more details.

Hello,

The main idea behind vTorrent is to solves the problems BitTorrent protocol is having, most important one of all is how current system heavily rely on centralized servers that can be track and close down.

We are designing system to reward both up-loaders and seeders, but it will be optional and completely up to uploader or sharer if they decide to take some reward for their contribution, and since there will be some fee which serves as protection against spam such as fake upload content and there are the normal mining fees needed in every upload, it is very likely that most sharer will take some small fee for their contribution.

If you have any more questions or suggestions feel free to post them here.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

Thank you for your interest in our project,

We're currently in the process of preparing our whitepaper. We will post a screencast or screenshot of our client with torrent functionally build-in soon, but our goal is not just to have client with ability to download/upload files in torrent protocol, we're looking to create limewire/kazaa with blockchain at core.

Stay tuned!

What's the plan with distribution of your coin? ICO? pure mining? POW/POS?

There will not be ICO/IPO, we believe the best way to distributed fairly is still through mining.

Do you mean POW mining like in bitcoin?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I am guessing this will be ico  Huh
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
From reading this , i assume the idea is that people get your coin for uploading stuff that has to be bought , like piratebay , and i get how you're gonna be able to pay them. However , lets for a second assume this is not just another scam coin , WHY would anyone want to download from this instead of ex piratebay? and why in the name of god , would people be buying this coin if it would just be constant dumping from people that uploaded stuff. I see some kind of idea here , but in my eyes this is just another scam , please give us more details.
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
Looking forward to this one.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Seems to be an interesting project
vague eta for launch? month? year?

hopefully we can launch very soon (as soon as tomorrow), we want to make sure everything is perfect before launch.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
vague eta for launch? month? year?
Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

We're currently in the process of preparing our whitepaper. We will post a screencast or screenshot of our client with torrent functionally build-in soon, but our goal is not just to have client with ability to download/upload files in torrent protocol, we're looking to create limewire/kazaa with blockchain at core.

Stay tuned!

What's the plan with distribution of your coin? ICO? pure mining? POW/POS?

There will not be ICO/IPO, we believe the best way to distributed fairly is still through mining.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Nice concept if it all works out. Waiting for more info
Well would definitely love to find out more details about this one. I'm a big torrent user, have been for years and I think your idea of rewarding users for sharing has great potential. I can totally see how this tech could be integrated into sites like Demonoid. Will be watching this thread  Smiley

Feel free to share your idea, we hope to get suggestions from the community and we will try to implement them if we could.

Our ultimate goal is to make vTorrent to be the choice of all the torrent user.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Well would definitely love to find out more details about this one. I'm a big torrent user, have been for years and I think your idea of rewarding users for sharing has great potential. I can totally see how this tech could be integrated into sites like Demonoid. Will be watching this thread  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
First post updated with early-beta version of client screenshot, currently only download function is available.

Network and client is still in the testing process, we will announce the release date and detail specification about the coin soon.
Looks interesting. Can't wait for launch.
First post updated with early-beta version of client screenshot, currently only download function is available.

Network and client is still in the testing process, we will announce the release date and detail specification about the coin soon.
Jump to: