Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 267. (Read 436049 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104
are this going to be a new "utorrent" software client, or a new TPB torrent site, if the second one with torrents hosted by you or by TPB? more info pls

Thank you for your interest in our project,

We're working toward solution that will make the need of TPB and such sites absolute, all torrents will be distributed and available by utilising blockchain technology.

No one wants limewire/kazaa, we want TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized.

DHT, PEX, and magnet links mean we don't need trackers or .torrent files anymore.

Just create a coin that allows people to embed a magnet link within the metadata of a block for a nominal fee.  Keyword being nominal.  I doubt those who upload torrents regularly for free will want to pay much for the privilege.  Burn the coins that are paid to ensure a steady demand for new coins.

Make it POS and hopefully the network generates just enough demand to make it worthwhile for stakers to hold their coins and sell their stakes everyday to uploaders.

It is hard to monetize torrenting since the whole point of it in the first place is people sharing free shit.  If I need to pay to torrent, I'll just start streaming shit from amazon instant video.

No one would get rich off this but I don't understand why it wouldn't work...........

"TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized."
   This is exactly what we're hoping to achieved and it is a big part of it.

"I doubt those who upload torrents regularly for free will want to pay much for the privilege."
   You kind of got the idea backward there, uploaders or sharer in our network get will get paid (if they choose to) from the people who download their content not the other way around.

The network backend will first be POW and shift to full POS in later stage.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
are this going to be a new "utorrent" software client, or a new TPB torrent site, if the second one with torrents hosted by you or by TPB? more info pls
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
dev i would recommend looking at twirst which is a p2p microblog with bitcoin protocol and bittorrent protocol. but it's biggest defect is that bitcoin protocol not Monetization。

could you innovation a monetization bittorrent.

We’re working toward in adding crypto-currency support to torrent meta-data.

One of our goal with the vTorrent is to help encourage content creators to share, and let the fans show their love and support to their favourite artists by directly award them with VTR currency.

I can already see this project is doomed to failure because you are denying the reality of why people torrent.

Content creators don't want to share without DRM, and if I want to show my love and support to my favorite artists I will award them with my USD by buying their stuff.
Activity: 216
Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

We're currently in the process of preparing our whitepaper. We will post a screencast or screenshot of our client with torrent functionally build-in soon, but our goal is not just to have client with ability to download/upload files in torrent protocol, we're looking to create limewire/kazaa with blockchain at core.

Stay tuned!

No one wants limewire/kazaa, we want TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized.

DHT, PEX, and magnet links mean we don't need trackers or .torrent files anymore.

Just create a coin that allows people to embed a magnet link within the metadata of a block for a nominal fee.  Keyword being nominal.  I doubt those who upload torrents regularly for free will want to pay much for the privilege.  Burn the coins that are paid to ensure a steady demand for new coins.

Make it POS and hopefully the network generates just enough demand to make it worthwhile for stakers to hold their coins and sell their stakes everyday to uploaders.

It is hard to monetize torrenting since the whole point of it in the first place is people sharing free shit.  If I need to pay to torrent, I'll just start streaming shit from amazon instant video.

No one would get rich off this but I don't understand why it wouldn't work...........
dev i would recommend looking at twirst which is a p2p microblog with bitcoin protocol and bittorrent protocol. but it's biggest defect is that bitcoin protocol not Monetization。

We’re working toward in adding crypto-currency support to torrent meta-data.

One of our goal with the vTorrent is to help encourage content creators to share, and let the fans show their love and support to their favourite artists by directly award them with VTR currency.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Activity: 127
Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

We're currently in the process of preparing our whitepaper. We will post a screencast or screenshot of our client with torrent functionally build-in soon, but our goal is not just to have client with ability to download/upload files in torrent protocol, we're looking to create limewire/kazaa with blockchain at core.

Stay tuned!

What's the plan with distribution of your coin? ICO? pure mining? POW/POS?

Stay tuned!
Activity: 584
Merit: 500
Love the concept and ideas of your project. Please make this happen for real!

BTW, when can we start mining or buying this coin. I would love to get some  Grin

We're currently in testing of the network and first version of our client, we hope to gain some interest from miners and community since we want to have a strong network with many peers in order to be able to develop and implement bittorrent related functions such as decentralized tracking where every peer in vTorrent network acts as a tracker.

Stay tuned!
Activity: 127
Love the concept and ideas of your project. Please make this happen for real!

BTW, when can we start mining or buying this coin. I would love to get some  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 1540
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001
concept is good need more info about specs of the coin.Wink
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Great concept, don't mess it up.  Wink
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
interesting concept. lets see how the execution goes.
Jump to: