Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 54. (Read 436156 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

I think what we've done is basically said that no one should try to help. Don't even bother. Not a great position to be in, imo.

I agree, twitter guy did nothing wrong
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Dear all,

Our developer team have absolutely no relationship with "vtorrent.info"

However, we are happy to work with the owner of that website to have them publish the accurate and up-to-date information of our project progress.

Regards,
vTorrent
Thank you for sharing this information.

Could you also disclose whether you have any relationship with @AgentSoft on twitter?
https://www.twitter.com/agentsoft

https://twitter.com/AgentSoft/status/854027569695469570

He made a draft of a press release where he wrote "... vtorrent can be downloaded from vtorrent.info". People will look at it like it's official website, this info will be spread amongst thousands of people.  This is very dangerous situation if he is not a part of the dev team. He can put some malware or trojan into the wallet and steal people's coins.

You've made a valid point.

But it looks like all the links point to the official repo.

I've read the press release. It's labelled at version 5. It also reads reasonably well. For people not familiar with doing this sort of thing, I think a real lot of effort went into it and the links indicate that somewhere between $300 to $600 was going to be spent on getting the PR through the news wire services.

That really is a lot of effort and cost. It doesn't smell like its intended to be malicious.

I think what we've done is basically said that no one should try to help. Don't even bother. Not a great position to be in, imo.

I've got a project to run, but I'm keeping a close eye on progress here.
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
Dear all,

However, we are happy to work with the owner of that website to have them publish the accurate and up-to-date information of our project progress.

Regards,
vTorrent

Could you also disclose whether you have any relationship with @AgentSoft on twitter?

https://twitter.com/AgentSoft/status/854027569695469570

He made a draft of a press release where he wrote "... vtorrent can be downloaded from vtorrent.info". People will look at it like it's official website, this info will be spread amongst thousands of people.  This is very dangerous situation if he is not a part of the dev team. He can put some malware or trojan into the wallet and steal people's coins.
Activity: 215
@dev can you tell us if you have encountered any sort of problem in the development or everything is going smoothly and according to plans? It would really ease up some of the concerns the community has  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
dev you really are the worst dev in all of crypto.

Annoying as fuck the way you blank everyone. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Do you suffer from some sort of mental disorder?

From history, do you honestly believe that insulting and cursing the dev is going to elicit any response? Do you think that bullying will speed up wallet development? Are you so impatient that you can't wait for it to be properly developed and released? Do you need the dev to constantly remind you that everything will be okay? Failing at that, are you really that married to this coin that you can't walk away? Do you suffer from some sort of mental disorder?

Agreed - No need to antagonize.

@Dev we need to know if vtorrent.info is legit - is it related to this project or not? I think if you can confirm this, then everyone will be much more understanding of your lack of communication on anything non tech related.

I don't get the need to know everything. If there is a new website, so who cares who created it? Do you like it? Does it provide some help with getting listed on polo? It wasn't that long ago that people wanted a website, now we've got one.

Reading slack, I think that Leigh2k14 is pissed at PIVX, sounds like he had 300,000 PIVX coins and sold up for pennies, compared to selling up with life changing sums. So I can understand his frustrations, considering he has also been around here from pretty much the start.
It's got nothing to do with pivx, actually it was 392K Smiley Not the end of the world, i'll get there even if it isn't vtr that gets me there. Actually i'm doing well trading other coins. I sussed how to make a good wage out of crypto a while ago.

Come on coins you got to admit the way the dev is with us ISN'T normal is it?

I stand by my statement the VTR dev IS the worst dev in crypto.

I'm going to have three months away from this project, really tired of devs bullshit.

I bet you won't get a new wallet in those three months.

Activity: 225

Reading slack, I think that Leigh2k14 is pissed at PIVX, sounds like he had 300,000 PIVX coins and sold up for pennies, compared to selling up with life changing sums. So I can understand his frustrations, considering he has also been around here from pretty much the start.

Wow, what an incredibly bad decision, considering PIVX price is now rising. This emphasizes why it's important NOT to be emotionally but logically invested in crypto. Vtorrent is a moonshot project, meaning it's a product that COULD be incredibly useful to a large number of real users, hence profitable. Risk lies in the fact that important code is closed-source and the dev team are frugal with releases, info, and are anonymous. I invest my money accordingly. Should a more compelling torrent project emerge, I would not hesitate to switch.

My advise to Leigh2k14 is to get over it and move on, because the sooner you do, the sooner you'll recover. If vtorrent's low volume doesn't provide enough profit swing trading, then try another coin. There are plenty others with more volatility. Sitting on your bags, huffing and puffing over past mistakes, and clouding this forum with pointless rage is just unproductive.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

Jesus Christ man... i don't need to know every gritty detail of your progress, but you need to speak once in a while or others will speak for you. How can we trust you if you idly stand by and let people speak on your behalf!?
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
There is clearly no relationship. This guy is full of shit, he was lying since the beginning to pump this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

Activity: 152
Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated!

Activity: 704
Merit: 500
Thanks for the update on the project dev, the riot implementation and the torrent features! Much appreciated
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

From history, do you honestly believe that insulting and cursing the dev is going to elicit any response? Do you think that bullying will speed up wallet development? Are you so impatient that you can't wait for it to be properly developed and released? Do you need the dev to constantly remind you that everything will be okay? Failing at that, are you really that married to this coin that you can't walk away? Do you suffer from some sort of mental disorder?

@Dev we need to know if vtorrent.info is legit - is it related to this project or not? I think if you can confirm this, then everyone will be much more understanding of your lack of communication on anything non tech related.

I don't get the need to know everything. If there is a new website, so who cares who created it? Do you like it? Does it provide some help with getting listed on polo? It wasn't that long ago that people wanted a website, now we've got one.

Well it makes a crap ton of difference who's behind it as it refers to Transmission and there is also a PRESS button, which was kind of referenced by @AgentSoft as he mentioned Coindesk. It's either officially related to this project (which is great!) or a mega troll website (which is less than ideal). IMO kind of important.

Well we'll soon find out if the devs are running Transmission or not. I think they are.

There are only a few options for a standard open source bittorrent build, most of them involve libtorrents which are open source libraries and transmission uses them.  Transmission also has the benefit of recently adding support for Windows, so if the dev's bittorrent description in the OP is correct - they are running a bittorrent 'manager' - then Transmission is the obvious open source choice if they have any savvy about them, which they obviously do.

Is Bitcoin.com run by Satoshi? Does it really make that much of a difference?

"Is Bitcoin.com run by Satoshi?" I don't think I ever implied the creator of the coin had to also be the website admin to grant it credibility? I don't believe there is any ambiguity around Bitcoin.com in regards to how it's related to bitcoin - just click on the About Us.

Seems like you know what you're talking about from a technical standpoint in regards to Transmission, some of us have no idea (me included). If the aim is to keep people guessing, then it's absolutely their right, I'm just saying it's completely unconventional and potentially misleading.
legendary

Well it makes a crap ton of difference who's behind it as it refers to Transmission and there is also a PRESS button, which was kind of referenced by @AgentSoft as he mentioned Coindesk. It's either officially related to this project (which is great!) or a mega troll website (which is less than ideal). IMO kind of important.

Well we'll soon find out if the devs are running Transmission or not. I think they are.

There are only a few options for a standard open source bittorrent build, most of them involve libtorrents which are open source libraries and transmission uses them.  Transmission also has the benefit of recently adding support for Windows, so if the dev's bittorrent description in the OP is correct - they are running a bittorrent 'manager' - then Transmission is the obvious open source choice if they have any savvy about them, which they obviously do.

Is Bitcoin.com run by Satoshi? Does it really make that much of a difference?

legendary

Activity: 225

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

what in the fck? stop bullying the dev, let him do his thing
legendary
Activity: 1288

Pages:
Jump to: