Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser - page 7. (Read 43587 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 0
I see from the previous posts that I'm not the only one who cannot get the PoS to work at all. I've been leaving the browser open for one week mining webdollars as I was on travel and when I've come back not a sincle coin had been mined. And I have a few hundred of thousand coins to stake there - LoL.
Farewell to a lot of expensive electricity.

This coin is a farce, not just because it does not keep its promises and it does not work, but because the team is so arrogantly in denial of that and they are continuing to praise their * amazing * technical skills, without any reality check whatsoever - which means the problems are not getting adressed and they are not getting solved.
So much waisted time. A real pity.

Probably you're doing something wrong. Tell me please your address to have a look on our explorers in order to see what is happening there.
Activity: 11
I see from the previous posts that I'm not the only one who cannot get the PoS to work at all. I've been leaving the browser open for one week mining webdollars as I was on travel and when I've come back not a sincle coin had been mined. And I have a few hundred of thousand coins to stake there - LoL.

This coin is a farce, not just because it does not keep its promises and it does not work, but because the team is so arrogantly in denial of that and they are continuing to praise their * amazing * technical skills, without any reality check whatsoever - which means the problems are not getting adressed and they are not getting solved.

Try terminal mining if browser does not work for you, and don't make so much drama, you didn't keep your pc on just to mine webds... be serious.
Activity: 2

I must express my contrary opinion, also because I do not understand the hatred and the problems we are talking about. I have been doing browser POS for about 2 months and I have never encountered any problems, payments have been arriving regularly for about 2 months every 45 minutes, and I can make about 100k WEBD per month only with the POS. So I think there is some problem in your browsers because mine and those of many others work very well. I don't know what else to say, if you have problems and want to talk about them we can all see together to solve them, without hatred and contempt. We are here to increase not only the number of WebDollar users but those who have adopted the world of blockchain as a future technology. We must be united and solve problems and doubts, there are and it is normal that this is so, it is a young technology and with a constructive discussion, we can make it better.
Activity: 714
Merit: 117

Activity: 3
I have answered in the Telegram channels multiple times that is does not work correctly on mobiles, even if you set it up in desktop mode (and obviously is not recommended as you can easily damage your phone because of the heat). At least not for mining, for sending coins yes, you can do that with high degree of success.
The Androind app was not updated and that is no secret. There is a sort of monitoring app introduced that works OK though.

What would be nice is an updated Android App for staking. (as mining POW from the phone is purely an exercise, it makes no sense taking into account the difficulty on the network) But there are limited dev resources so if there are people from the community who would be interested into helping coding this part they will definitely be rewarded fairly in WEDB.

Anyway, I think the devs should also answer some of your questions in their own words as I am only speaking in my name alone.

So basically we agree on most points!
Activity: 77
I have answered in the Telegram channels multiple times that is does not work correctly on mobiles, even if you set it up in desktop mode (and obviously is not recommended as you can easily damage your phone because of the heat). At least not for mining, for sending coins yes, you can do that with high degree of success.
The Androind app was not updated and that is no secret. There is a sort of monitoring app introduced that works OK though.

What would be nice is an updated Android App for staking. (as mining POW from the phone is purely an exercise, it makes no sense taking into account the difficulty on the network) But there are limited dev resources so if there are people from the community who would be interested into helping coding this part they will definitely be rewarded fairly in WEDB.

Anyway, I think the devs should also answer some of your questions in their own words as I am only speaking in my name alone.
You are funny. With the current hashrate on the chain you can't compete without terminal mining. It's simple math.  You could have done this if you were here an year ago at the main-net launch.

Even BTC was designed to be mined initially with CPUs, but that did not last long when people saw the incentive and started finding our more competitive ways of mining it. It is an open source project and anyone can code a better miner. So that is why the Terminal CPP miner is 10X faster that the browser. You can't stop that, you need to adapt.

This is also one of the reasons that staking was introduced (among many other). Staking (POS) is now the easy mining alternative of WEBD.
Just buy coins and stake (or wait for the bounty program and win through tasks), POW became more complicated because of the competition and evolution in time.

No one has a magic wand to limit the number of miners and amount of servers they dedicate so that you can profitably mine yourself with a simple PC in browser.

Yes there might be some bugs that you come across but as the team is rather small it does take time for them to fix everything and also create new features like cold staking which is coming next.

Exactly, keep the smartass tone in there. Can you go to there website and look for example "Does it work on Android phones?" ? The answer is yes according to them.

While technically its possible, we all know its not doable anymore.

I am not disagreeing with you, I just think that WEBD is not the coin that it states it to be.... Open a browser, and happy mining.
You are funny. With the current hashrate on the chain you can't compete without terminal mining. It's simple math.  You could have done this if you were here an year ago at the main-net launch.

Even BTC was designed to be mined initially with CPUs, but that did not last long when people saw the incentive and started finding our more competitive ways of mining it. It is an open source project and anyone can code a better miner. So that is why the Terminal CPP miner is 10X faster that the browser. You can't stop that, you need to adapt.

This is also one of the reasons that staking was introduced (among many other). Staking (POS) is now the easy mining alternative of WEBD.
Just buy coins and stake (or wait for the bounty program and win through tasks), POW became more complicated because of the competition and evolution in time.

No one has a magic wand to limit the number of miners and amount of servers they dedicate so that you can profitably mine yourself with a simple PC in browser.

Yes there might be some bugs that you come across but as the team is rather small it does take time for them to fix everything and also create new features like cold staking which is coming next.
For terminal there is this tutorial that works 100%: https://github.com/cbusuioceanu/How-to-mine-WebDollar-with-Linux-Terminal/blob/master/how-to-mine-webd-linux-terminal.md
Everything is integrated in scripts and does the install for you. You must be too noob or ill intended to say it does not work.

Bounty system is almost coded and the distribution of coins will start soon. Everything will be included in automated rewarding system, if you do a tasks you will receive the reward.

This coin is now oriented more towards staking as mining is done with data-centers, that is why if you want to invest it is easier on that side, but obviously it it your choice and you do your own analysis.

Somehow I do not agree with you. I have quite the mining experience and trying to mine with WEBD has not been as easy as they said it would be...

1. Same behavior as reported by a lot of people. The browser window just sits there, showing a circle, but appears to be doing nothing. And no, not on small machines but heavy duty machines. And no, also not just 1, but many have been tested. Even here the estimated just never turn into balance. This has been tested by running those machines for almost a month non-stop. And if you are lucky, from the 10000000 estimated, you will have 2 that actually become balance.

2. Using Hostero it should be simple and easy. Have you tried it ? It is an absolute nightmare. Out of the box installations will not run Hostero, and once you get it to run, its still guessing if its actually doing its work properly.

3. Then your reaction:

For terminal there is this tutorial that works 100%: https://github.com/cbusuioceanu/How-to-mine-WebDollar-with-Linux-Terminal/blob/master/how-to-mine-webd-linux-terminal.md
Everything is integrated in scripts and does the install for you. You must be too noob or ill intended to say it does not work.

This is what WEBD dev himself said: https://youtu.be/AO67T4jip3k?t=40

Your reaction is immature, and it is exactly what the dev team said WEBD was not ment to be...

Bounty system is almost coded and the distribution of coins will start soon. Everything will be included in automated rewarding system, if you do a tasks you will receive the reward.

This coin is now oriented more towards staking as mining is done with data-centers, that is why if you want to invest it is easier on that side, but obviously it it your choice and you do your own analysis.
Activity: 23
You don't understand that there is competition in the network and you can't expect to mine efficiently if you don't invest a bit.

1.For POS mining you need to choose a pool that takes a lot of POS blocks and have a decent amount of WEBD, like 100.000 (that you need to buy from an exchange). Then you can setup mining in the browser for POS and see daily returns. (note that for POS in browser you need to have the wallet not encrypted to be able to stake).

2. For POW you need a decently powerful PC and use the terminal miner with CPP optimization. If you don't use terminal you will have 10x less hash power and you will not be able to compete with those that use data centers of servers. So your target is over 20k H/s and choose a pool that gets a lot of POW blocks.

It is critical to choose the right pools for your type of mining and that do regular payments! If you choose a pool that does not catch blocks obviously you will not see any payments.

But the easy mining part is for POS. You don't need powerful CPU, you just need as much WEBD as you can afford and then stake it. There are a lot of tutorials and also good info on the Telegram pinned messages. You just need to take some time to really understanding it.
Also there is a free hosting service for POS that you can try created by one of the community members: https://www.hostero.eu/docs/webdollar-pos-mining . This is 100% legit and safe and it does the work for you.

It is easy to get frustrated when you miss some crucial info and then throw accusations allover the place.
And believe me, this is the easiest crypto-currency with original and unique blockchain to mine that gives you full control of your wallet.

oh please... suggest me to use terminal miner which doesn't event build correctly like everyone on webd telegram. talking about that -> https://youtu.be/AO67T4jip3k?t=40 I liked webd at first but really slowly it is coming webd failed to be even a bit what bitcoin is. oh and one more thing! invest? really? pos? for what? you have there your devs wallet with 30% pos use them and make webd browser mining usable and spread webd if you do believe in webd and future of it!
You don't understand that there is competition in the network and you can't expect to mine efficiently if you don't invest a bit.

1.For POS mining you need to choose a pool that takes a lot of POS blocks and have a decent amount of WEBD, like 100.000 (that you need to buy from an exchange). Then you can setup mining in the browser for POS and see daily returns. (note that for POS in browser you need to have the wallet not encrypted to be able to stake).

2. For POW you need a decently powerful PC and use the terminal miner with CPP optimization. If you don't use terminal you will have 10x less hash power and you will not be able to compete with those that use data centers of servers. So your target is over 20k H/s and choose a pool that gets a lot of POW blocks.

It is critical to choose the right pools for your type of mining and that do regular payments! If you choose a pool that does not catch blocks obviously you will not see any payments.

But the easy mining part is for POS. You don't need powerful CPU, you just need as much WEBD as you can afford and then stake it. There are a lot of tutorials and also good info on the Telegram pinned messages. You just need to take some time to really understanding it.
Also there is a free hosting service for POS that you can try created by one of the community members: https://www.hostero.eu/docs/webdollar-pos-mining . This is 100% legit and safe and it does the work for you.

It is easy to get frustrated when you miss some crucial info and then throw accusations allover the place.
And believe me, this is the easiest crypto-currency with original and unique blockchain to mine that gives you full control of your wallet.
Activity: 23
https://webdollar.io just does not work.

Been trying for 4 days, 2 computers, many browsers (firefox,palemoon,chrome,brave,opera,edge)

even if it EVENTUALLY starts "mining" the site will randomly reload, you will loose every single token and will start all over again.
(as mentioned above even when it does start it is bound to fail afterwards)

Constant networking errors, constant reloads, no matter the pool it just refuses to work and of course you will loose all your "mined" tokens time and time again.

It feels way more like a scam that uses your CPU for now.

Most of the time its doing the "staking" rounds. So, if you don't have enough coins for staking, you will be missing those rounds. Which is why you only sometimes see it "mining".

If you had enough coins for "staking", it would always be either "mining" or "staking". Also, try not to jump pools constantly. Choose a pool and stick with it.

The page reloading is definitely annoying. But as far as i remember, they've added it so your connections auto refresh in case you lose connectivity and are not aware of it to refresh yourself. I do hope they improve that entire system, so there's no more refreshing.

Also, for pure mining, right now, the hashrate is pretty high.. so you would have to run the node/miner thing, which is a lot of faster and does not use the browser. Tho a bit more complicated to set up.

Also you can drop your address here, someone might send you some coins, so you can do both mining and staking rounds. But then definitely stick to one pool and just let the browser do its thing. Staking in multiple pools with the same wallet is not allowed.
I would mention that you can use https://www.hostero.eu/ to set up your terminal miner. it's just a few clicks away.

"Staking in multiple pools with the same wallet is not allowed." - you can do it but you risk to be penalized for this action and also, lose your coins.
As you mentioned above, it will need 100 webd minimum to start mining POS rounds. Minimum payout of a pool it's when you hit 20 webds.

Leave your address here or in a PM and you maybe get some, or join https://t.me/Webdollar_WMP channel and write me there.

Good luck!

Thanks for your message.

Well the premise of this coin is that it is easy to use, pop your browser, visit a site and you are done, it has been approx 1 year and they still have the same problem , networking errors, (dont remember the exact error something about cluster) , the "miner" just keeps on loading / not starting for most of the DAY (tested it in 2 computers for approx 28 hours, it hardly worked for more than minutes)

I read posts about these problems 1 year ago , and the devs saying that they have over 1000 miners... Really? 1000 miners and the entire system crashes ? I tried changing the pools to see if I can get this working , it does not and the cumulative sum of miners did not exceed 1000-1200, if the entire project can not support more than 1000 miners after 1 year , it is a major failure (IMO) and probably its team does not have the skills/ knowledge to get it working.

It is a nice Idea (popping out your browser and mining away earning tokens), but it is simply not working, no matter how many browsers / computers you try. it is an exercise in futility , there are literally thousands of other projects  / coins that need you to download a miner / set up a node, so if that is a must for this one as well , there is no reason to bother as the premise / selling point if you wish of the project just is not there

You are not alone Smiley

I tried this also and same thing it does not work I get lets say 200 webd then mining for a week 24/7 balance increase = 0

Tried on different machines with my friends same thing.

The webd team dont care because yes they have 1000miners maybe and every day 3 new (instead of every day 50 new) and then they think thats good and you who complain(1 who took time to write from other 60 frustrated people who just went away) is just having "bad computer".

"Easy to use crypto right from browser" -> fail.

Been trying for 4 days, 2 computers, many browsers (firefox,palemoon,chrome,brave,opera,edge)

even if it EVENTUALLY starts "mining" the site will randomly reload, you will loose every single token and will start all over again.

Constant networking errors, constant reloads, no matter the pool it just refuses to work and of course you will loose all your "mined" tokens time and time again.

Most of the time its doing the "staking" rounds. So, if you don't have enough coins for staking, you will be missing those rounds. Which is why you only sometimes see it "mining".

If you had enough coins for "staking", it would always be either "mining" or "staking". Also, try not to jump pools constantly. Choose a pool and stick with it.

The page reloading is definitely annoying. But as far as i remember, they've added it so your connections auto refresh in case you lose connectivity and are not aware of it to refresh yourself. I do hope they improve that entire system, so there's no more refreshing.

Also, for pure mining, right now, the hashrate is pretty high.. so you would have to run the node/miner thing, which is a lot of faster and does not use the browser. Tho a bit more complicated to set up.

Also you can drop your address here, someone might send you some coins, so you can do both mining and staking rounds. But then definitely stick to one pool and just let the browser do its thing. Staking in multiple pools with the same wallet is not allowed.
I would mention that you can use https://www.hostero.eu/ to set up your terminal miner. it's just a few clicks away.

"Staking in multiple pools with the same wallet is not allowed." - you can do it but you risk to be penalized for this action and also, lose your coins.
As you mentioned above, it will need 100 webd minimum to start mining POS rounds. Minimum payout of a pool it's when you hit 20 webds.

Leave your address here or in a PM and you maybe get some, or join https://t.me/Webdollar_WMP channel and write me there.

Good luck!

Thanks for your message.

Well the premise of this coin is that it is easy to use, pop your browser, visit a site and you are done, it has been approx 1 year and they still have the same problem , networking errors, (dont remember the exact error something about cluster) , the "miner" just keeps on loading / not starting for most of the DAY (tested it in 2 computers for approx 28 hours, it hardly worked for more than minutes)

I read posts about these problems 1 year ago , and the devs saying that they have over 1000 miners... Really? 1000 miners and the entire system crashes ? I tried changing the pools to see if I can get this working , it does not and the cumulative sum of miners did not exceed 1000-1200, if the entire project can not support more than 1000 miners after 1 year , it is a major failure (IMO) and probably its team does not have the skills/ knowledge to get it working.

It is a nice Idea (popping out your browser and mining away earning tokens), but it is simply not working, no matter how many browsers / computers you try. it is an exercise in futility , there are literally thousands of other projects  / coins that need you to download a miner / set up a node, so if that is a must for this one as well , there is no reason to bother as the premise / selling point if you wish of the project just is not there
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Listing on p2pb2b.io, listing on coinmarketcap.com, you guys are works hard Cool

Yes, I will, thank you Cheesy
Activity: 11

Good luck!
Activity: 232
This is the first time I've heard of the consensus mechanism you're proposing.I am sure that such a consensus has every chance of life.I also like the fact that You are developing according to the road map.

Yes, our consensus mechanism is unique. It is very stable from a economic point of view for a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 720
Merit: 103
This is the first time I've heard of the consensus mechanism you're proposing.I am sure that such a consensus has every chance of life.I also like the fact that You are developing according to the road map.
Activity: 47

Pages:
Jump to: