Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WHRL] WhirlCoin | WhirlPool Algorithm | Sloped Rewards |AMD + CUDA Equal - page 29. (Read 118096 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
well i just wanted to have a reason to mine this as i like it, but at this state i can't..diff is also inexplicably high, you can't even accumulate unless the price skyrocket to 10k(i doubt it)
I must admit, things are really strange lately. people throw huge hash power and dump way below electricity cost considering the resource they must use.
either they somehow get free electricity or they are trying some new kind of market manipulation which I don't understand.
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack)

Same applies for peoplecurrency...

Or maybe they have access to special hardware which allows them to mine very cheaply.
the coin has been released 3 days ago... so please don't start the asic hypothesis  Grin
(and I assume fpga would use roughly the same power as a gpu)

I think it could be new technology hardware which allows them to configure to any algo within hours by their programmers.  

Something like GPU which u can configure new algo within hours if u work full time on it and is very experience programmer

We have AMD , CUDA , maybe there is some hidden GPU technology which is 10x better than AMD and CUDA hardware. 
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
well i just wanted to have a reason to mine this as i like it, but at this state i can't..diff is also inexplicably high, you can't even accumulate unless the price skyrocket to 10k(i doubt it)
I must admit, things are really strange lately. people throw huge hash power and dump way below electricity cost considering the resource they must use.
either they somehow get free electricity or they are trying some new kind of market manipulation which I don't understand.

Or maybe they have access to special hardware which allows them to mine very cheaply.
the coin has been released 3 days ago... so please don't start the asic hypothesis  Grin
(and I assume fpga would use roughly the same power as a gpu)

legendary
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack over new coins)

Same applies for peoplecurrency actually.

I think it actually dropped. Surprisingly. Considering someone upgrade AMD hashrate recently.

But this coin got no special feature. New algo alone is not good enough.  I don't spend much mining time on this. My rigs got more promisingly coin to mine.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
i think you should rise the block reward to 1k, because having 1M block isn't really good

Are you suggesting changing the current function which starts at 100 and ends at 10 to 1000-100?

I'm not too keen on a hardfork but depending on whether people want it or not, I'll do it

or adding more than 100 to the block reward

No, just no. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
The current blockreward rate is good and very well balanced.

there are too many blocks imho, supply cap/block reward ratio is wrong, reduce the supply at least...

this thing is dead anyway, it cost you nothing to try different solution
dead or not, a hard fork 3 days after launch is complete non sense.
Everything was clear from the start (I mean 3 days ago...) nothing has changed, so people mining it knows what they are mining.
(people are deceived because there wasn't any instamine, I understand. And when there is one they complain because there was one...  Grin)
If the coin has to die, then let it dies. 

+1

this coin is just three days old. i don't see a problem with it yet, new algo keeps away multipools, and miners will be attracted more and more. it all depends on the dev if this coin dies or not. if he proves to be commited to this coin, it could be a good one in the future. but for the moment, stick to the specs, and just continue to work on features/usecases.
legendary
i think you should rise the block reward to 1k, because having 1M block isn't really good

Are you suggesting changing the current function which starts at 100 and ends at 10 to 1000-100?

I'm not too keen on a hardfork but depending on whether people want it or not, I'll do it

there are too many blocks imho, supply cap/block reward ratio is wrong, reduce the supply at least...

dead or not, a hard fork 3 days after launch is complete non sense.
Everything was clear from the start (I mean 3 days ago...) nothing has changed, so people mining it knows what they are mining.
(people are deceived because there wasn't any instamine, I understand. And when there is one they complain because there was one...  Grin)
If the coin has to die, then let it dies. 
legendary

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin
People on the current exchanges are rather strange, selling at such low prices. Is someone even making money doing that?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

legendary

legendary
upon request, I have updated my github rep so it uses the Uray Whirlcoin kernel.
(I haven't updated the x15 kernel yet, actually other kernels could also benefit from this sort of modifications...)
so you already have the binary, you just need to pick up that kernel in the repository.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Finally!

whrl.hashcookie.org

Is finally ready to accept miners!
legendary

nope I don't want it  Grin
Activity: 602
Merit: 111

legendary
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I've finally managed to get whrl.hashcookie.org online, but I'm not getting any accepted shares. Could someone point some hashes there for me?  Thanks Smiley

I'm running NOMP and MPOS together, and I think it has something to do with my nomp configuration, but there's no errors anywhere...
Pages:
Jump to: