Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WHRL] WhirlCoin | WhirlPool Algorithm | Sloped Rewards |AMD + CUDA Equal - page 28. (Read 118096 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Which pool do you prefer and what do you think about Hashharder or Suprnova?

And what's your preferred cl file? whirlcoin.cl, whirlcoin_old.cl or wirlpool.cl?

Is it common with the whirlcoin algo to get after a new start of ccMiner at the beginning about 55 rejects before first MHs gets accepted?

My Nvidia GTX 750 Ti settings:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

export DISPLAY=:0

export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1

cd /home/x/ccminer-djm34-0723

./ccminer -t 1 -a whirlcoin -o stratum+tcp://www.hashharder.com:9649 -u XXX -p X

I get about 40% rejects with the newest ccMiner and about 25% with the newest SPH-SGMiner.

THX for every hint Smiley

Strange, usually that problem is to do more with internet than miners - do the rejects stop after a while?

Now at Suprnova Cool and the same settings I get 0% rejects with the newest ccMiner and about 0,0-0,3% (only 1 GPU at 5% but decreasing) with the newest SPH-SGMiner Grin

BTW I couldn't try Dwarfpool because I don't have Windows, the Mac Wallet (OSX 10.8.5) doesn't work and there is no Linux Wallet  Roll Eyes

What happens when you try to run the Mac wallet? I only had my vm to test it in and it works there...

I get a massage which says something like "Can not open or start Whirlcoin-qt. Do you want to send a report to Apple?". It's just a small pop up and looks very similar to the massage "not trusted app" but it's a different massage. I'm currently not at my MacBook. Xubuntu only Wink
you really have problems everywhere...  Grin
Activity: 241
Merit: 100

And what's your preferred cl file? whirlcoin.cl, whirlcoin_old.cl or wirlpool.cl?

Is it common with the whirlcoin algo to get after a new start of ccMiner at the beginning about 55 rejects before first MHs gets accepted?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

./ccminer -t 1 -a whirlcoin -o stratum+tcp://www.hashharder.com:9649 -u XXX -p X

I get about 40% rejects with the newest ccMiner and about 25% with the newest SPH-SGMiner.

Strange, usually that problem is to do more with internet than miners - do the rejects stop after a while?

Now at Suprnova Cool and the same settings I get 0% rejects with the newest ccMiner and about 0,0-0,3% (only 1 GPU at 5% but decreasing) with the newest SPH-SGMiner Grin

BTW I couldn't try Dwarfpool because I don't have Windows, the Mac Wallet (OSX 10.8.5) doesn't work and there is no Linux Wallet  Roll Eyes

What happens when you try to run the Mac wallet? I only had my vm to test it in and it works there...

I get a massage which says something like "Can not open or start Whirlcoin-qt. Do you want to send a report to Apple?". It's just a small pop up and looks very similar to the massage "not trusted app" but it's a different massage. I'm currently not at my MacBook. Xubuntu only Wink

Edit: Back on my Mac Smiley

Code:
Process:         WhirlCoin-Qt [353]
Path:            /Applications/WhirlCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/WhirlCoin-Qt
Identifier:      org.whirlcoin.app
Version:         $VERSION ($VERSION)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [130]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-07-25 19:52:11.812 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Report Version:  10

Interval Since Last Report:          6008736 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           17
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3
Anonymous UUID:                      6108B44-96AC-059-G7SA-1CD02B07A20

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/*/libdb_cxx-4.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/WhirlCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/WhirlCoin-Qt
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
       0x107740000 -        0x107b13fff +org.whirlcoin.app ($VERSION - $VERSION) <014D9C20-C01E-39F2-AC7C-93FF6C4A871A> /Applications/WhirlCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/WhirlCoin-Qt
       0x107c7a000 -        0x107cc0ff7 +libssl.1.0.0.dylib (0) /Applications/WhirlCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
       0x107cdb000 -        0x107e19fc7 +libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (0) <0F3DFE3E-C0EF-3C6B-ADA7-3DC4D976F009> /Applications/WhirlCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
    0x7fff67340000 -     0x7fff6737493f  dyld (210.2.3) <6900F2BA-DB48-3B78-B668-58FC0CF6BCB8> /usr/lib/dyld
    0x7fff93c2a000 -     0x7fff93f89fff  com.apple.Foundation (6.8 - 945.19) /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
    0x7fff969ce000 -     0x7fff975fbfff  com.apple.AppKit (6.8 - 1187.40) /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
    0x7fff98a86000 -     0x7fff98a86fff  com.apple.ApplicationServices (45 - 45) /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
Activity: 140
Cool but why is no one buying this valuable innovative coin? WHRL is seriously the best most power efficient algo even better than x11.

There are also ICB and FRSH and X14, dont know which one is the best.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111

Code:
#!/bin/sh

BTW I couldn't try Dwarfpool because I don't have Windows, the Mac Wallet (OSX 10.8.5) doesn't work and there is no Linux Wallet  Roll Eyes

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Activity: 112
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
Very pleased with what i have mined with my rig Smiley ALGO IS AWESOME!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cool but why is no one buying this valuable innovative coin? WHRL is seriously the best most power efficient algo even better than x11.

New algo without any special feature wouldn't make it in today market. In the past yes, now no.

Look at fresh coin. New algo, with a bit more extra feature didn't even make it far.

But, due to the efficiency and parity between AMD and Nvidia, won't that make more people want to mine it & therefore use it? Why was Litecoin adopted over Bitcoin? The algorithm. If people want to mine it, people will want to buy it. I think it's just a matter of time untill it starts being traded

The market condition in the past few months and now is totally different. U can't use litecoin for comparison. The market condition then and now is totally totally different.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Activity: 326

New algo without any special feature wouldn't make it in today market. In the past yes, now no.

Look at fresh coin. New algo, with a bit more extra feature didn't even make it far.

But, due to the efficiency and parity between AMD and Nvidia, won't that make more people want to mine it & therefore use it? Why was Litecoin adopted over Bitcoin? The algorithm. If people want to mine it, people will want to buy it. I think it's just a matter of time untill it starts being traded

Activity: 77
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I'm using the Whirlcoin AMD sgminer to mine this coin and my HW count keeps going up, the A count goes up slowly, and i'm mining on diff 0.007

Is this normal?

Joined a couple of pools, and those ones where you just log in with your WHRL address, the same happens.
Merit: 505
well i just wanted to have a reason to mine this as i like it, but at this state i can't..diff is also inexplicably high, you can't even accumulate unless the price skyrocket to 10k(i doubt it)
I must admit, things are really strange lately. people throw huge hash power and dump way below electricity cost considering the resource they must use.
either they somehow get free electricity or they are trying some new kind of market manipulation which I don't understand.
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack over new coins)

Same applies for peoplecurrency actually.

you can use wind turbine to get free electricity (depending where ur location), the only value to spare is your time mining it and ur initial investment on that turbine
legendary
well i just wanted to have a reason to mine this as i like it, but at this state i can't..diff is also inexplicably high, you can't even accumulate unless the price skyrocket to 10k(i doubt it)
I must admit, things are really strange lately. people throw huge hash power and dump way below electricity cost considering the resource they must use.
either they somehow get free electricity or they are trying some new kind of market manipulation which I don't understand.
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack)

Same applies for peoplecurrency...

Or maybe they have access to special hardware which allows them to mine very cheaply.
the coin has been released 3 days ago... so please don't start the asic hypothesis  Grin
(and I assume fpga would use roughly the same power as a gpu)

I think it could be new technology hardware which allows them to configure to any algo within hours by their programmers.  

Something like GPU which u can configure new algo within hours if u work full time on it and is very experience programmer

We have AMD , CUDA , maybe there is some hidden GPU technology which is 10x better than AMD and CUDA hardware.  
alien using quantum computer powered directly from fluctuation of the quantum vacuum ? (they don't even have that in Star Wars  Grin)

Actually, the most probable hypothesis is certainly the moron hypothesis and bad skill in math... (and the fact that the electricity bill comes every months or much later)

So u are suggesting alien are mining coins ?

If true, Satoshi could be alien too. Which is why no one can identify who is satoshi

Maybe alien are preparing our planet to accept their currency. So that when they finally meet us , we can spend some BTC to buy alien GPU for mining

I expect lots of compatibility issues with the risers  (especially when I see how r2d2 plugs into the main frame...) Grin

Or maybe they have access to special hardware which allows them to mine very cheaply.
the coin has been released 3 days ago... so please don't start the asic hypothesis  Grin

I think it could be new technology hardware which allows them to configure to any algo within hours by their programmers.  

Something like GPU which u can configure new algo within hours if u work full time on it and is very experience programmer

We have AMD , CUDA , maybe there is some hidden GPU technology which is 10x better than AMD and CUDA hardware.  
alien using quantum computer powered directly from fluctuation of the quantum vacuum ? (they don't even have that in Star Wars  Grin)

Actually, the most probable hypothesis is certainly the moron hypothesis and bad skill in math... (and the fact that the electricity bill comes every months or much later)

So u are suggesting alien are mining coins ?

If true, Satoshi could be alien too. Which is why no one can identify who is satoshi

Maybe alien are preparing our planet to accept their currency. So that when they finally meet us , we can spend some BTC to buy alien GPU for mining

legendary

Actually, the most probable hypothesis is certainly the moron hypothesis and bad skill in math... (and the fact that the electricity bill comes every months or much later so that he has forgotten he has electricity to pay)
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack over new coins)

Same applies for peoplecurrency actually.

i know some huge russian farm have free electricity, they still using the old magnet trick lol

lol the true is out there
Pages:
Jump to: