Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11] X11/Darkcoin Gpu Miner - updated to use leaked binaries - even faster - page 15. (Read 102433 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
the 'pool guardian' in cgwatcher takes care of the hidden pool no problem.

Now to find a way to automate the failover.....
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
To disable the 2% donation:

add one single line to your /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1       hirop2pool.girino.org

This wont work because apparently he uses a few different hosts.

It has been working on my rig for more than 10 hours.
"hirop2pool.girino.org" is the only pool that I found.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

This wont work because apparently he uses a few different hosts.
Activity: 38

Activity: 139
Hey guys, now I know you guys don't want to run any random executables, however I have binary patched sgminer so it allows you to remove girino's pool

Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxs1fwxiu7l0aua/sgminera.exe

You can do a binary comparison and see I've only edited a few bytes(should be 4), there is no way I could've slipped anything malicious.

Why couldn't you remove his pool? Simple, he changed this code

Code:
		if (selected < 0 || selected >= total_pools) {
wlogprint("Invalid selection\n");
goto retry;
}

to

Code:
		if (selected == 0 || selected >= total_pools) {
goto retry;
}

your batch file already remove the pool or not.
I have not provided any batch files. I am afraid I don't understand what you mean.
Lol ty! But quota still 98? Here is 2% quota not for the pool 0 There 2% per gpu For example 5 card rig = 10% quota on pool 0 Dev not so simply Smiley
Activity: 139
Quote from: quovadiz, post: 6600124, member: 255790
Hi guys,

I'm here again with my second test.

I tried to do it as accurate as i could considering not the shown hashrate but the pool earnings.

- 2 rigs with exactly the same config (4x7950) (both the rigs were mining @7.2MH/s before to install x11-sgimner on one of them)

- running at the same time on the same pool (prop pay)

- with 2 different accounts

- mining a very low diff coin (one block solved every 2.5 mins approx, hashrate approx 1/5 of the total nethasrate).

Results after apporx 14 hours of mining:

Rig1 (sph-sgminer)

Earnings: 1753452 coins

Power consumption 450w

Hashrate displayed: 7.2Mh/s

Rig2 (x11-sgminer - donation disabled)

Earnings: 2369079 coins (35.1%)

Power consumption: 480w (+6.7%)

Hashrate displayed: 9.9MH/s (+37.5%)

Seems there are no doubts... the real hashrate is not so high as shown in sgminer but shares and earning are really higher than running standard sph-sgminer.

Try please 64-bit miner too, i have error on x11 kernel https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533.0
Direct link https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/stable/sgminer-4.2.0-win64.zip
Activity: 23
What is "p c 0"?

In the mining display window, press p, then c, then 0. That is to disable the pool 0 by changing to fail-only mode instead of load balance, which is the donation pool.

Ah, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Hey guys, now I know you guys don't want to run any random executables, however I have binary patched sgminer so it allows you to remove girino's pool

You can do a binary comparison and see I've only edited a few bytes(should be 4), there is no way I could've slipped anything malicious.

Code:
goto retry;
}

to

Code:
goto retry;
}

I have not provided any batch files. I am afraid I don't understand what you mean.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Code:
goto retry;
}

to

Code:
goto retry;
}

bbr
Activity: 290

Code:
goto retry;
}

to

Code:
goto retry;
}

Still showing in the pool list but it says it is dead - is that correct or should it have completely removed it?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

Code:
goto retry;
}

to

Code:
goto retry;
}
bbr
Activity: 290
I think I have found a way to disable the built in pool in CGWatcher:

1. Go to the Pools tab
2. In the "show pools" dropdown select the pool 0 - stratum+tcp://drkp2pool.girino.org:7903
3. Click on the disable button at the bottom

In the miner window it still says "Connected to multipool pools with block change notify" but in the pool information it states it is disabled

Note: I have only been running for 15 mins and it hasn't switched to pool 0 yet
Activity: 253
Here my first test.
I tried to do it as accurate as i could considering not the shown hashrate but the block solved.

2 rigs with exactly the same config (4x7950)
They were both mining in solo on the same wallet on a low diff coin (one block solved every 2.5 mins approx).

Results after apporx 8 hours of mining:

Rig1 (sph-sgminer)
Blocks solved: 92
Power consumption 450w

Blocks solved: 103 (+12%)

Going now to do the same test in pool configuration: 2 same rigs, same coin, same pool with prop payout, 2 different accounts to compare earnings.
I'll let you know after approx 8 hours of mining.

Hi guys,
I'm here again with my second test.
I tried to do it as accurate as i could considering not the shown hashrate but the pool earnings.

- 2 rigs with exactly the same config (4x7950) (both the rigs were mining @7.2MH/s before to install x11-sgimner on one of them)
- running at the same time on the same pool (prop pay)
- with 2 different accounts
- mining a very low diff coin (one block solved every 2.5 mins approx, hashrate approx 1/5 of the total nethasrate).

Results after apporx 14 hours of mining:

Rig1 (sph-sgminer)
Earnings: 1753452 coins
Power consumption 450w

Earnings: 2369079 coins (+35.1%)

Seems there are no doubts... the real hashrate is not so high as shown in sgminer but shares and earnings are really higher than running standard sph-sgminer.

if you press P to manually change pool strategy you will se there are 2 balance options and no failover

It's still there, just not listed. Just type a zero when presented with the list of options.

As said above from the main screen press:  p then c then 0

You'll be in failover mode with your pool as the main.

thanks got it.

something screwed up though still, it doesnt put the pool priority from the order in the bat file, it mixes them up. probably deliberatly. need to find a way to make cgwatcher force the failover and then correct the order somehow.
Activity: 255

if you press P to manually change pool strategy you will se there are 2 balance options and no failover

It's still there, just not listed. Just type a zero when presented with the list of options.

As said above from the main screen press:  p then c then 0

You'll be in failover mode with your pool as the main.

ok confirmed the pool is messed with. it has been hard coded to assign a quota of 98% to any pool you add leaving the 2% for the hidden pool.

this means if you add a backup pool it will split your hash to it, only way to fix is to manually disable backup pools then you get full hash to your default pool.

awesome thanks. anyway to automate this with cgwatcher .

i can confirm the hash is real as well, ive rented out a rig and the chaos pool is tallying up.
ok confirmed the pool is messed with. it has been hard coded to assign a quota of 98% to any pool you add leaving the 2% for the hidden pool.

this means if you add a backup pool it will split your hash to it, only way to fix is to manually disable backup pools then you get full hash to your default pool.

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
anyone else notice when using backup pools it defaults to load balance not failover and there is no way to set it to failover that i cam see
Activity: 210
You guys sure this miner doesn't submit fake shares to offset the increase in hash-rate?

Because I have no idea how it mines 40-50% faster while using 10% more electricty.

this alone make it smell like a big scam, 50% more hash, but 10% more consumption? nah i'm not sold on this

you guys should watch your profit, maybe fake shares are submitted

Could be real.  For a similar example, for Quark algo I get almost 100% faster hashing on 6xxx series cards with Smelter than SPHminer.

As spoetnik said, it's easy to fake shares...it happened with quark and it'll happen with x11 too.
Heck, look at myriad, it had tons of problems with fake shares at the pools.

Fake shares would result in a high rate of reject on the poolside ?         
Cause i don't see any abnormal rate of reject on my pool stats..
Pages:
Jump to: