Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11] X11/Darkcoin Gpu Miner - updated to use leaked binaries - even faster - page 32. (Read 102461 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
After 20 minutes of testing:

first 7950 from 1.97 Mhs to 2.77 Mhs.
second 7950 from 1.88 Mhs to 2.64 Mhs.
one 280x from 2.22 Mhs to 2.65 Mhs.

So this rig (2x 7950 + 1x 280x) from 6.0 Mhs to 8.0 Mhs.

No settings changed. No temperature changes.

Not bad. Strange that 7950 gets higher Mhs than 280x ?! Maybe can improve a bit more...

Could you share the settings for 7950? Thanks
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
how does this work when using a configfile ?

i have 2 pools added and it show my first pool with quota of 4 and the next 2 with quota of 98.

and its mixing my username with the "hidden" pool of hirop2pool.girino.org

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Activity: 45
i know it hasnt been tested.

but no increase for 5x series cards.
Activity: 11
Hi guys

sling00 from the pimp team here.

If you want to run this miner on pimp, here is how to do it:

Update: The open source version of the modified miner is available via pimpupdate.  So this tutorial is ONLY for the binary miner is as of now unsupported. it still works but is ONLY for the binary miner.

1. use the 64 bit ubuntu build of the miner download it from page 1 of this thread: direct wget link below.

cd ~
wget https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zhfbr8xh6zw0gi0/AAB3vMZ5JQac9tvNbaI6-5pSa/x11-sgminer-linux-64bit-build1.tgz
tar xvf x11-sgminer-linux-64bit-build1.tgz

2. nano /etc/apt/sources.list

it should have the following line:

# firmware
#deb http://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

uncomment so it looks like this:

# firmware
deb http://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

save the file.  ctrl+x and enter y to save
apt-get update

sudo apt-get -t testing install libc6-dev

once done, the miner will be able to run

then, recomment the line in /etc/apt/sources.list
nano /etc/apt/sources.list
# firmware
#deb http://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT THIS BACK OR YOU WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM ON apt-get upgrade!

Add the following line to /opt/ifmi/poolmanager.conf, indentation and spacing are very important or you will break poolmanager!
Note: make sure to set the mpath correctly to where you put the sgminer binary!

9:
    mconfig: X11-Opt
    mopts: --api-listen
    mpath: /root/x11-sgminer-linux-64bit-build1/sgminer
    savepath: /opt/ifmi/cgminer.x11opt.conf

create the /opt/ifmi/cgminer.x11opt.conf from cgminer.x11.conf (cgminer.darkcoin.conf on pre 1.4.2 releases)
cp /opt/ifmi/cgminer.x11.conf /opt/ifmi/cgminer.x11opt.conf

remove or edit the following lines
Remove all pools but one, make sure your syntax is correct and it has no , after its } close bracket
"kernel" : "darkcoin", <- REMOVE no kernel line used with this miner
"thread-concurrency" : "x", <- SET TO 0 or test at your own risk, your old value likely WILL NOT WORK
"gpu-threads" : "1," <- set to 1 or test at your own risk.

CHANGE the worksize line for most cards (this works better on pretty much ALL my cards except the 280x).

"worksize" : "128",
Please stop in #pimp on freenode if you have any questions as i DO NOT check these forums regularly.
Activity: 132
Does anyone get it run with 8.1 and cgwatcher ?

Thx Pelk
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
any one see actually hash rate increase on pools?
not spikes but stable increase..

i'd guess either it is khs display manipulation or dev taking much more than 2%
I have 40% increase on pool, it's all ok. The guy is taking his 2% i got my 38%, i think its fer, he realy did a good work with this one. He deserved 5% if you ask me  Wink

And get that buy back to tell us why do we have coil whine with this miner  Smiley
Activity: 36
Guys how install it to BAMT? Help please
Activity: 252
People who are cutting out the 2% dev fee using round-about methods simply shoudn't be allowed to use the software in the first place.

Greedy bastards.

dear dev!

please post source,

the way you posted it we can't surely know it is safe.

if we can be sure that it is really 2% and nothing else, we would be glad to donate it!
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
People who are cutting out the 2% dev fee using round-about methods simply shoudn't be allowed to use the software in the first place.

Greedy bastards.
Activity: 378
running it in PIMP now. I do see an increased reported hashrate, but it seems to be manipulated as I can judge from the last half an hour. Have to look on the long term, but seems like a big joke Smiley
It does give a boost. The pool (nicehash.com in my case) reports appropriate hashrate increase. In case you are too concerned about donating your hashrate to the author's cause use CGWatcher with Pool Guard turned on. At lease, its log says that unauthorized pool is being blocked:
thanks good post!
Activity: 25
It does give a boost. The pool (nicehash.com in my case) reports appropriate hashrate increase. In case you are too concerned about donating your hashrate to the author's cause use CGWatcher with Pool Guard turned on. At lease, its log says that unauthorized pool has been blocked:

http://i.imgur.com/qVZvvMX.jpg

Code:
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         SGMiner started successfully.
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         Current pool is stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         Unauthorized pool found! Pool 0 (H7QDA1CnGJ1x1S5aNMpn5XVKASacmPfxsw @ stratum+tcp://hirop2pool.girino.org:9408) was not added in CGWatcher, CGRemote, or the miner's config.
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         Attempting to switch to pool 1 (stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336) at the user's request...
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         SGMiner was successfully switched to pool 1.
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         Attempting to remove pool 0 (stratum+tcp://hirop2pool.girino.org:9408)...
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         Current pool is stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         SGMiner pool 0 was removed successfully.
[5/20/2014 22:54:48]         Unauthorized pool removed successfully.
any one see actually hash rate increase on pools?
not spikes but stable increase..

i'd guess either it is khs display manipulation or dev taking much more than 2%
Activity: 280
Bitnation Development Team Member
can anyone with linux or sandbox knownledge please check if there is malware, trojan to steal wallet.dat or script to take a part of the hash power to a specific address?

There is no way to tell this until the source is released. Given the poster said he's "preparing" the source, yet a long time later we have seen nothing, I am beginning to assume that this is a total scam, and actually all anybody's been doing is giving 2% of their fees to the developer.

He's already been threatened with legal action, so he'd better comply with the license the owner of the original software set (basically RELEASE THE SOURCE AND THERE'S NO PROBLEM). I'm sure the community could put together the beginnings a legal defence fund against him. This kind of behaviour is just unacceptable.

For all anybody here knows, this guy's found some kind of 0-day, and is pwning everybody using the miner :-/ Seriously not cool. I don't even dare run it and look at Wireshark.
Activity: 175
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
can anyone with linux or sandbox knownledge please check if there is malware, trojan to steal wallet.dat or script to take a part of the hash power to a specific address?
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I am not sure where the diminished returns kick in, but running your ram at higher speeds does appear to have a positive impact:

290s @ 1050/1260 are pulling ~3.661mhs.
290s @ 1050/1375 are pulling ~3.731mhs.

280xs @ 1130/1250 are pulling ~2.88mhs.
280xs @ 1130/1500 are pulling ~3.043mhs.

I would advise people to tweak their ram clocks up for maximum hash.
Activity: 26
One of my 280x is sick  Undecided

Lower the core clock and reboot the system.
Activity: 168
Pages:
Jump to: