Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 129. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
To create fairness, we would need a GPU version working on win. Can't devs create/organize a (possible community) bounty for it...?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
usually apt-get install libgmp-dev

is it.

Got that installed already sadly, was hoping that was it.
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directoryIn file included                                   from cuda_mul.cu:48:0:
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory

Install the development library for gmp. Exact instructions depend on your linux distribution.

I realize you're not CudaMiner support so don't need to reply, but used these instructions, on Ubuntu 14.04

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1043547

and got:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/CudaMiner'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CudaMiner'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm able to compile all other Linux CudaMiners, is why I brought up this being an obscure install, I guess it needs something I've never had to use before up until now.

You'll also want to install libcurl4-openssl-dev, and you may need to copy m4/sph_tiger.h into the build directory.

Got libcurl4-openssl-dev installed already, copied m7/sph_tiger.h (don't have a m4 in the git that I saw) same error.

m7 is what I meant; also, after you install GMP, you need to make distclean before you re-run autogen, configure, and then make.
Activity: 329
Started over and grabbed the new updated CudaMiner from git.
Makes now with no issue, but now:

CudaMiner$ ./minerd -a m7 -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u Cmyaddressi -p x -t 1
[2014-08-06 18:36:43] 1 miner threads started, using 'm7' algorithm.
[2014-08-06 18:36:43] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333
GPUassert: invalid device symbol cuda_whirlpool512.cu 1428

Going to try removing whirlpool512 and compiling again, I assume -t 1 is correct as I only have a single GPU.

Thanks for the help all, I'll have to run some cards on someone's XCN address when this works for the help =)
the source compiles just for compute 3.5, so it works just for maxwell cards, if you are on kepler edit the makefile and change compute_35 with compute_30

Maxwell is 5.0 - Kepler is 3.0 & 3.5.
ops, sorry for the confusion, anyway you have to edit the makefile in order to get the miner working with your card...

CudaMiner$ ./minerd -a m7 -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u Cmyaddressi -p x -t 1

Going to try removing whirlpool512 and compiling again, I assume -t 1 is correct as I only have a single GPU.

Thanks for the help all, I'll have to run some cards on someone's XCN address when this works for the help =)
the source compiles just for compute 3.5, so it works just for maxwell cards, if you are on kepler edit the makefile and change compute_35 with compute_30
Activity: 979
Merit: 510

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
Well, since the GPU arrived, here's a CPU freebie. :-)

NOTE - this code is only safe on 64 bit systems with 64 bit GMP.  The real way to do it is to grab the #defines from jh00's xptminer and re-use:

Code:
#if defined _WIN64 ||  __x86_64__
       uint32_t d;
       for(d = 0; d< bns[0]->_mp_size; d++) { /* Thanks, jh00 - xptMiner to the rescue */
         *(uint64_t*)(bdata+d*8) = bns[0]->_mp_d[d];
       }
#else
        mpz_export((void *)bdata, NULL, -1, 1, 0, 0, bns[0]);
#endif

Gets rid of all of that time wasted in mpz_export, as I alluded to earlier...

Win64 GMP uses 32bit legs because sizeof(long) == 4 on win64. Doh, MS.

That's what led to the launch bug in a way.

Hah, whoops.  My only way of testing against win is by cross-compiling.

Safe if limited to gcc and __x64_64__
but ugly and not portable -- the kind of thing you might do in a miner that you wouldn't do in the reference implementation.

like removing the tests for 0. Smiley
It was only the wind.
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directoryIn file included                                   from cuda_mul.cu:48:0:
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory

Install the development library for gmp. Exact instructions depend on your linux distribution.

I realize you're not CudaMiner support so don't need to reply, but used these instructions, on Ubuntu 14.04

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1043547

and got:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/CudaMiner'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CudaMiner'

I'm able to compile all other Linux CudaMiners, is why I brought up this being an obscure install, I guess it needs something I've never had to use before up until now.

You'll also want to install libcurl4-openssl-dev, and you may need to copy m4/sph_tiger.h into the build directory.
You have to wait a bit for the hashrate to stabilize with the GPU miner. I waited about the same length of time, more than 2x hashrate and more than 2x shares submitted. Also higher efficiency, although that is debatable over a short runtime. (nsfw as usual)

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcncudastock.png vs https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcncudawolf.png

I know it can do more, though...
would you share the code?
btw, nice animal pron  Grin
Activity: 308
Free $XCN for twit !!!!!!!!!

The next 30 people can get 75 xnc for positive twit about #XCN.

Twit link to private pls

* Fine Print:  You must follow both of the terms above.  I have the right to deny anyone the prize for any reason, including "I just don't like you".  The most quality answer(s) may receive a bonus  Grin

Activity: 308
@watuba
Is there still a ticket for me ?
No more shit clone scam coins, never newbie dev, it's XCN time now!

BTW, leave a address in post is against the rule of the forum, the thread may get banned.I saw several addresses in last few pages.
It was only the wind.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Thanks for all the great comments!  The free coins are now dried up!

Hi.. I am still trying to get my wallet online.. I was able to load it until it tries to "download header"

It also says stuck at block 7409  Huh

I added "addnode seed.gpile.it onetry" in the console but i still can't get it to sync

please help!

Hold up, new version cooking. After which you will need to run with -resync to try again, or delete data folder. Will be version **613 or so.

I'm going on 8+ hours of trying to get CudaMiner to compile on Windows. 

I'm completely stuck with the following:

nvcc -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=compute_35 --ptxas-options=-v   -O2 -o trashminer.o -c trashminer.cu
trashminer.cu
trashminer.cu(50) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [trashminer.o] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/CudaMiner-master'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/CudaMiner-master'

Keep in mind gmp.h is available and correctly installed, and I have even went a step above and beyond by copying it to almost every location / subfolder in CudaMiner-master.

Find me in #cryptonite on Freenode. I have some ideas.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I'm going on 8+ hours of trying to get CudaMiner to compile on Windows. 

I'm completely stuck with the following:

nvcc -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=compute_35 --ptxas-options=-v   -O2 -o trashminer.o -c trashminer.cu
trashminer.cu
trashminer.cu(50) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [trashminer.o] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/CudaMiner-master'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/CudaMiner-master'

Keep in mind gmp.h is available and correctly installed, and I have even went a step above and beyond by copying it to almost every location / subfolder in CudaMiner-master.
Activity: 267
Thanks for all the great comments!  The free coins are now dried up!

Hi.. I am still trying to get my wallet online.. I was able to load it until it tries to "download header"

It also says stuck at block 7409  Huh

I added "addnode seed.gpile.it onetry" in the console but i still can't get it to sync

please help!
Activity: 560
LOL no 32bit binaries? Are you f--- kidding me?  Grin

Rumor is, there is a web wallet coming out soon!

that would be awesome.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Rumor is, there is a web wallet coming out soon!
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
LOL no 32bit binaries? Are you f--- kidding me?  Grin

I have been using Linux for well over a decade. It has never once occurred to me that software being unavailable for my machine was some kind of misdeed by the author. Especially if source code is provided for said software. I guess users of windows XP must be some kind of entitled folks. Like, what you no compile for my 8 year old OS that I pirated? Waste your own time dude.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I like fair distributation in XCN! Its nice to mine it!

thanks for free XCNs!

CWPZZswyJBRUgM3B2N8Ldgs9aJZZ4dBqHV

Ha ha.  Fair distribution?  Yeah right.
Activity: 350
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

Thank you for the excellent breakdown! I'd like to raise an issue apart from the specs, however, that's currently presenting a real challenge for this coin, which is the fallout from yesterday's failure to meet most people's expectation of a Bittrex add. Clearly, it's placed downward pressure on price.

As this turn of events was so surprising to so many of us, I'd like to solicit input, particularly from the developer, as to why this occurred, and what steps are being taken to get the coin onto Bittrex.

Thanks.

Bittrex is a cess-pit of pump and dump scamcoins. Adding this coin to Bittrex will not make its value suddenly increase.
and they can lock your account any time they want.
Jump to: