Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 13. (Read 578447 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
So I can remove explorer?
Activity: 202
Using downloaded block chain from AhmedMSedeek, I get "error opening block database". What could be the problem. TQ.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
pallas, check PM please.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
can this be fixed?

I'm not even sure if this is why the newly synchronizing wallet gets stuck, but that's the attack mentioned in the whitepaper, however if this is the case I think it should be straight forward to fix by making the wallet downloads the other available version of the blockchain when it can't synchronize with the fake one.
Activity: 140
can this be fixed?
Can I get a quick pointer as to what is corrupting the blockchain, is the mini-blockchain concept the problem ?

I got the issue when syncing from scratch only. When using a downloaded blockchain, the wallet worked for months.

I think i can take time from my own work tonight to try a fresh sync and observe any errors or abnormalities.

There's a possible attack that mentioned in the whitepaper when there's not enough contributing members with newly synchronizing wallets

That is a different blockchain exists in the network that claims to have higher mining effort (higher total difficulty) and the wallet tries to sync with that version of the blockchain and gets stuck at some point where it can't sync anymore and I believe that point is 7 days behind current time because that's the point where a real blockchain exists on the network

and because the "fake" blockchain seems to have higher difficulty the wallet doesn't sync with the current version of the blockchain
Activity: 380
Merit: 103
Developer and Consultant
Can I get a quick pointer as to what is corrupting the blockchain, is the mini-blockchain concept the problem ?

I got the issue when syncing from scratch only. When using a downloaded blockchain, the wallet worked for months.

I think i can take time from my own work tonight to try a fresh sync and observe any errors or abnormalities.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Developer and Consultant
Activity: 94
so its being delisted from polo ?
XCN deposits stopped working also on btc38.
any chance this problem could be fixed? on poloniex and on btc38?

I talked to btc38, they are fixing it.

and poloniex?
I've got this reply from polo support:

Thank you for getting in touch.

Correct, our copy of the blockchain is continuously corrupting itself and so we've not been able to sync the wallet. We have received offers of help from the XCN community and our team have tried using their suggestions to resolve the issue, but still all to no avail.

Know that we always do everything possible so as to ensure that wallets are back up and running as promptly as possible. Rest assured that if this could have been resolved by now then it certainly would have.

Give them this link please:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0Jm_-4eCvONRjdjd01udEdGQnM?usp=sharing

and poloniex?
I've got this reply from polo support:

Thank you for getting in touch.

Correct, our copy of the blockchain is continuously corrupting itself and so we've not been able to sync the wallet. We have received offers of help from the XCN community and our team have tried using their suggestions to resolve the issue, but still all to no avail.

Know that we always do everything possible so as to ensure that wallets are back up and running as promptly as possible. Rest assured that if this could have been resolved by now then it certainly would have.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
I hate this so much!  where is bitfreak!?

This.... What?
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
I hate this so much!  where is bitfreak!?
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Developer and Consultant
XCN getting the boot from polo:
Check out @Poloniex's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/810704347290103808?s=09

If you guys can get them to stand down, i can fix this .
Pages:
Jump to: