Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 9. (Read 578455 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 113
I could share a daemon binary but I doubt it will work, as I use Ubuntu 16.04.
I would need to make a static binary: could be easy or as well a big pain.

a static binary would be sweet as! Thanks for your efforts.
I already started thinking about migrating my server to ubuntu but that opens up a whole other world of hurt...

@dextronomous:
Much appreciated, thanks! I'm mainly doing this because I still think that online crypto currency is the future and xcn (to my knowledge) still has some far superior features to btc, which is why I'm here Smiley
Activity: 431
Merit: 105
nice one gnasirator,

please do so, and pallas1 please do binary stuff for the guy,
polo still not giving my 0.5 btc worth of xcn, still not seen in their wallet..
left bter, not arrived at polo, lack of explorer, lack of devs??

so gnas, i donate man, the moment i got it back. nice one right?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I could share a daemon binary but I doubt it will work, as I use Ubuntu 16.04.
I would need to make a static binary: could be easy or as well a big pain.
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Hi Folks,

I'm still trying to set up the block explorer. Unfortunately, I can't get cryptonite to run as my server is running Debian (Linux 3.2.41-042stab113.11 #1 SMP Fri Dec 18 17:32:04 MSK 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux).
After installing some missing libraries manually, I'm hanging at:

Code:
./trusty_amd64_cryptonited_14091021: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./trusty_amd64_cryptonited_14091021)
./trusty_amd64_cryptonited_14091021: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./trusty_amd64_cryptonited_14091021)

And it seems that updating libc to v2.15 or newer would require massive additional downloads and I don't want to mess up my server. It's still used for my emails and some homepages, etc.

Therefore, I don't really want to experiment with it to get it set up for compiling the sources (https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite) directly.
Can anybody maybe compile the cryptonite client for me? The whole graphical QT dependency part may as well be stripped. I only need the command line in order to run it as a service for the block explorer.

Or would it be possible to connect the block chain explorer to a remote server? But that would only add unnecessary traffic I guess ...

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
i guess its or not out yet, or the blocks not reached, the right fork,

or so, guess a lot of people having diff. forks. due to syncin issues,

i guess,
latest block i read is 1284073

If someone is on the wrong fork, try to sync your wallet using this blockchain and peer list:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FJqo3uXA8OODM4cGlwZm16MjQ/view?usp=sharing

It's the same chain used by btc38 and bter.

i guess its or not out yet, or the blocks not reached, the right fork,

or so, guess a lot of people having diff. forks. due to syncin issues,

i guess,
latest block i read is 1284073

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
what exactly does it mean in the wallet console when a transaction sent is listed as "conflicted" anyone know?

Thanks
legendary
tell that to the guys with their coins stuck at polo,

and to polo, mr dev.. oh yeah pallas no dev, bitfreak is,
could you not get the guy at the old 2014 thread doing the wallet programming ,
or do you have any fixes.. what is the latest version of the xcn wallet ?

I've sent poloniex at least 20 messages, with all the fixes. They don't answer to me any more.

maybe few of us should send them mail,so they can see interest of people for coin.

Hey guys I think that's a good idea! I've already sent my complaint to Poloniex and asked to fix the wallet. Both btc38 and bter exchanges have their XCN wallets working fine. I'm sure that Polo admins are qualified enough to fix their wallet.

SO anyone who wants to get their coins from Poloniex please take a few minutes to submit a support ticket to them! Smiley
Activity: 29
Is there such a thing as a paper wallet to save XCN to after syncing and recovering my balance from a very slow syncing wallet. Just trying to keep the experiment alive and well. The good news is I have 19 active connections and the wallet is backed up
successfully. Will post positive results as I am able to verify each fully functioning process. This coin has serious potential for greatness once the wallet wonkyness gets resolved. Hell, most days of the week it's amazing the world works at all, Cryptonite  could still put a huge smile on your face...... Cheesy

HAPPY MINING!

DrSluice         CaqSQWa4XgaXeak6hqkjCZU7fTueG2zqyB
Activity: 51

I've sent poloniex at least 20 messages, with all the fixes. They don't answer to me any more.

maybe few of us should send them mail,so they can see interest of people for coin.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
so guess this coin now officially dead, deadier, died?

what up on the effect of your work guys, come on, where the original programming dev.

whatup.

Well, what do you expect during the holidays?
so guess this coin now officially dead, deadier, died?

what up on the effect of your work guys, come on, where the original programming dev.

whatup.
Guys hi,

hope this helps,

i got the daemon fully synced, from scratch, with the latest xcn wallet, with no blocks downloaded, with empty wallet, made the wallet show you lots of gibberish.
with that said downloaded all the blocks.  -help-debug  this gives you way more information then the normal verbosity,, so guys with folders called database delete em all.
then start this.

only this time i keep seeing getting slice done receive slice gettings slice, and not enough, accepted block, accept block header

cryptonited.exe -disablewallet -datadir=c:\xcnite -help-debug -checkpoints=1 -upgradewallet -rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 -rpcwait -checklevel=4 rpcconnections=128

hope this helps, dont know it the qt will show the same result getting the top last blocks as fast as the daemon, but hope so.
so gonna shutdown one of the daemons to see if the qt is at ok state..

1276518 is the last block i saw. and after all this, the qt could only be started after pruning the blocks with resync.. and downloading the trie takes ages..

? but qt while downloading try after headers and blocks? it still does not finish, and blocks shows 160? anything for anyone?
pause
legendary

I never experienced the wallet corruption issue in months, so I'm unlikely to be able to fix it.
Can someone who recently experienced it share some more information? debug.log snip?

That's weird cuz my wallet has been working juat great for the last  two days - no errors and crashes...
Before that it would crash every several hours. And I didn't even touch it.

Just in case uploaded my debug.log so if interested please take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FJqo3uXA8OV2NNY3JKTnRRdlE/view?usp=sharing
legendary
Black Belt Developer
here you go,

wallets on two different windhoze system staying behind for 2 days 3 days,
daemon gots the same issue,

clean wallet.dat issue solved that 1 minute syncin issue,

then after xcn-miners closed. dang exeric, will send some but cant now yet.

Are you saying that removing wallet.dat solved the sync issue? Weird. Could you try just restarting the daemon to see if it's enough to sync again?
here you go,

wallets on two different windhoze system staying behind for 2 days 3 days,
daemon gots the same issue,

clean wallet.dat issue solved that 1 minute syncin issue,

then after xcn-miners closed. dang exeric, will send some but cant now yet.

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Since whis was fixed soon after XCN release, it may be trivial to backport.
Could you point me to the commit on the bitcoin git? I will have a look.
I have previously tried looking for a specific commit which fixed the issue but couldn't seem to find one. I think the fix may have been included with some larger patch, I'm not really sure. I found several bug reports about random wallet corruption, such as this one, which were made around the start of 2014 and have the same error codes, however it seems they were closed without referencing a commit which solved the issue. I recall our core dev being stumped about the wallet corruption because he didn't change anything that could have caused it, so I'm fairly certain it is a bug inherited from Bitcoin.

I never experienced the wallet corruption issue in months, so I'm unlikely to be able to fix it.
Can someone who recently experienced it share some more information? debug.log snip?

This might be a bit more complex: do you have an idea what kind of work is needed for this?
Yes it wont be as simple as copying the Bitcoin implementation because we have the whole account tree thing. I have a rough idea as to what would be required, the hard part will be adapting all the changes Bitcoin has undergone in the last few years, much of the code has been overhauled to work in a very different way to how it worked when Cryptonite was forked from it, but many of those changes are necessary to make things like the parallel block downloading work properly.

Maybe we can make a quick workaround: I've seen many coins hang on initial sync, then work fine after the wallet is just restarted. Maybe we could put a timeout on the connection, so it changes peer when more are known, maybe choosing the one with higher block height. What do you think?
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
Is the future Bright with Cryptonite or should we pass on this one?

It has a better chance than most if you consider the trade volume and the fact that it has been able to stand on its own for quite some time. I give credit to Pallas for updating the miner software and helping to keep the chain going when things hit a snag.

Its a risk of course just like anything else, but something with a long history and decent following looks better in my book.
Pages:
Jump to: