Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 11. (Read 578447 times)

Activity: 431
Merit: 105
HI,

yes no worries,

you should hava A backup of wallet.dat. or keys,
you should have a downloaded copy of the blockchain, to be
able to continue downloading from there on.
so delete you'r version of the blocks folder,

put a fresh wallet.dat if wanted to be sure inside the folder. or not at all.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Happy holidays guys!

I have a problem with my wallet that keeps crashing without a reason or when I try to close it/ send coins:
http://imgur.com/a/LK3gb

Does the patch that I saw on the previous page fix the problem?
If yes, anyone could share the updated windows wallet please?
Activity: 6
Merit: 1
here is a list of working nodes for cryptonite, which you can add to your clients or servers

Code:
addnode=122.137.254.58
addnode=151.217.230.149
addnode=178.84.34.124
addnode=183.63.48.118
addnode=195.93.239.31
addnode=41.176.174.13
addnode=46.10.222.164
addnode=46.10.222.164:8253
addnode=46.105.118.15
addnode=46.4.33.74
addnode=5.157.115.132
addnode=68.193.116.54
addnode=77.111.152.33
addnode=84.238.242.99
addnode=86.121.146.102
addnode=86.121.146.102:40886
addnode=87.243.249.18
addnode=91.152.120.234
addnode=92.19.251.241
addnode=99.238.163.232

looks like the network is getting healthy again.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Because nobody donated for server bill. and it looks bitfreak! will create explorer again.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
@pallas: yeah the problems with syncing from scratch have existed for a long time. In my experience the best way to sync is to add a node which is already fully synced and working properly, and configured to share blocks. What exactly does syncing "from scratch" mean though? If you haven't started your XCN wallet in several months it will try to catch up by downloading all the blocks it missed but there's no guarantee any node will have blocks several months old. If you download Cryptonite for the first time or you delete your block files it wont attempt to download every block ever made, it will only download blocks from the last week, but it will download all the block headers (aka the "proof chain"). That process is also known to be fairly buggy from what I remember but I've gotten it to work many times.

@Blockchain Mechanic: well I pretty much just explained the syncing process to pallas. One of the other reasons I believe syncing is so problematic is because Cryptonite was forked from Bitcoin at a time when Bitcoin had rather crappy networking code. When syncing I believe it only downloads the blockchain from a single peer. Since then Bitcoin has obviously improved the networking code and it now downloads blocks in parallel from many different peers but Cryptonite is still stuck with that crappy code, I truly don't know why anyone would create it to work that way in the first place.

@dextronomous: yeah don't worry I'll probably put the block explorer back up, but first I need to recode it to work a bit differently. Like I said I cannot really do much until I get home but that's near the top of my to-do list.
bitfreak, need donations, man i am ready, to donate to you, for sure.

i already paid for the first month, and reg on xcn domain name, because of the no explorer moment,

minixcnexplorer.com

happens, please tell if need help, i guess, we need your help,.

got any updates, out of the air.. ?

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
What issues are they having exactly? I'm guessing the cause of the issue is one of these old bugs Cryptonite has always had, so solving those problems should solve a lot of other problems.

There is an issue when syncing from scratch. A bit of discussion on the last pages about this problem. Hence why there are many posts about blockchain snapshots.
Fixing it, I think, is top priority. That would greatly help with new users, and having all the exchanges back.
Activity: 380
Merit: 103
Developer and Consultant
What issues are they having exactly? I'm guessing the cause of the issue is one of these old bugs Cryptonite has always had, so solving those problems should solve a lot of other problems.

Hi

great idea!!! mind if i step in? kinda having trouble understanding the changes you made vis-a-vi the sync process.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Well I guess there's no better time than Christmas to let you guys know I'm still alive.

Great to see you back bitfreak!, XCN is still one of my top5 favorite coins, it just needs a little love now. It is impressive that it survived despite your sabbatical,  that's a sign of decentralised virility,  the concept of the mini blockchain has many fans.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Cryptonite is not a Cryptonote coin, they have no relation.
Activity: 2146
Merit: 518
Lemme see whats gonna come out of this one. Nothing. Cryptonote coinzzz aint movers. XCN seems to follow this general notion.
you guys should addnode=178.84.34.124:8253

and wallets got 15 connections, can see em on http://xcn.miners-zone.net

thanks please keep up the responses mr. bitfreak. you're abscence nearly destroyed the coins existence,

omg. unbelievable. but true. anyway if you could give a pm for a faster miner then pallas's miner,

merry christmas guys, hohoo hooo
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Solving Poloniex's wallet problem would be a solid action needed immediately. If Poloniex really de-list XCN, it will be a blow to XCN.

Btc38 has wallet issues as well. I tried hard to help both of them without success.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Solving Poloniex's wallet problem would be a solid action needed immediately. If Poloniex really de-list XCN, it will be a blow to XCN.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@enerbyte: thanks man, good to see you still around.

@pallas: I've been trying to catch up on all the posts I missed in this thread but I haven't seen that patch, can you link me to it please. I appreciate what you've done to keep XCN alive and of course I'll take any coding help I can get. I do have a roadmap for Cryptonite development, but the most important thing right now is getting people who can work on the core code and iron out some of these annoying bugs. I'm currently visiting relatives for xmas so I cannot do much right now but I'll be back at home after new years.

@dextronomous: well it just happens that one of the projects I've been working on is a ray tracing engine which uses OpenCL. So I could probably write some code for mining XCN with an AMD GPU, especially since I imagine most of the code I will need is already out there in open source miners. The most difficult part will probably be making it run fast enough to be remotely competitive with the CUDA miners, and also the networking code, but I imagine most of that code has already been written for me as well.
we really need a solo miner for amd guys, come on link us please.

hook us up.. what the hell, only non compiled miners, or strange slow working ones right, am i wrong,

and or miners to be sold, have been,

now in doubt, so only when the time comes i think you need some moments to think if you have enough money,
and if not = sell to me, some others, till again enough money,

Hi there, mr bitfreak himself, nice, long time ago, wow. welcome back, was in doubt if anyone alive could help this community, but yes there is.. one,
you have secret miners sir?

bitfreak.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hi bitfreak glad to hear that you are back! I'm ready to donate for Cryptonite development and also will help with my programming skills. Just ask :-)
Have you seen my little patch to fix the compilation issue?  Is it good for you?
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
@bitfreak! It's good that you're back

PS: Happy Holidays!
Pages:
Jump to: