Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 37. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 501
thanks for the work, I tried filtering some addresses and works really fast.
Just fixed several bugs with the filtering and pagination, but haven't solved the issue with total sent and received values yet.
You can include the Top Richest Addresses Cryptonite to see the distribution of the coins?
this at first is not important but is a feature that could be added to blockexplorer.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Just fixed several bugs with the filtering and pagination, but haven't solved the issue with total sent and received values yet.
It's back up now however one of the new features I added doesn't seem to be working properly. The total sent and received amounts listed on the address pages seems to be wrong. I've got to get some sleep now but I'll fix it when I return.

On a side note it's worth mentioning I wasted about 4 hours of my life converting the block explorer over to mysql but when I did some testing it was more than 50x slower than the custom file based database I originally created. I never thought mysql would be too slow for my needs but for a block explorer it's way too slow. So I scrapped the mysql code and just improved on the file based database, the explorer should now be faster for addresses which have a very large numbers of transactions.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
It's back up now however one of the new features I added doesn't seem to be working properly. The total sent and received amounts listed on the address pages seems to be wrong. I've got to get some sleep now but I'll fix it when I return.

On a side note it's worth mentioning I wasted about 4 hours of my life converting the block explorer over to mysql but when I did some testing it was more than 50x slower than the custom file based database I originally created. I never thought mysql would be too slow for my needs but for a block explorer it's way too slow. So I scrapped the mysql code and just improved on the file based database, the explorer should now be faster for addresses which have a very large numbers of transactions.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
It should be back up within the next 12 hours.
hmm...explorer is still updating?
I hope it's not for long
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
hmm...explorer is still updating?
Activity: 509
Merit: 253
It is good news, we now know that Catia is alive  Smiley
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Well finally some good news. Just got a message from Catia, he got the server back online but apparently he's on a real slow connection so he couldn't get the daemon back online. I'll try to get that done myself shortly. This is a good chance to get the new block explorer code up and running anyway. I'm thinking Catia must not be home yet if he's on a slow connection, but at least we know he's still around.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
It seems to be a problem with the DNS records for cryptonite.info. I have opened a support ticket with the host so it should be sorted out soon.

Actually I think it may be the server, the DNS records still seem to be in place. This is annoying because catia owns that server.
legendary
blockexplorer seems to be down.

yepp, timeout for me as well
blockexplorer seems to be down.
As for anonymity in the MBC scheme it is very interesting but I understand this can not apply to Cryptonite right?
Unfortunately not but it's still very interesting work worth following. It wont be as scalable as Cryptonite but the scheme he has developed is miles better than any other anon coin I've ever seen.
great! I will closely follow this.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
As for anonymity in the MBC scheme it is very interesting but I understand this can not apply to Cryptonite right?
Unfortunately not but it's still very interesting work worth following. It wont be as scalable as Cryptonite but the scheme he has developed is miles better than any other anon coin I've ever seen.
thanks for the update and I hope catia back soon so you can continue with the development of Cryptonite.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Still no word from Catia but I can't imagine he will be away too much longer. Hopefully he's not stranded on a tropical island. I played a game called Stranded Deep a few weeks ago in which you have to survive on an island in the middle of no where and it was actually pretty fun.

Now for some better news, B.F. Franca has released an updated version of his Homomorphic Mini-blockchain Scheme paper. I'm really impressed with the level of anonymity he has been able to achieve whilst still keeping it relatively scalable.
It's getting silent in here..
I think it would be good a status update project
legendary
It's getting silent in here..
Pages:
Jump to: