Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 81. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Blockstream maybe?
Too big imo, doesn't sound like something you own. Bitcoin and Litecoin are both great names, easy to use and at the same time tells a story.

Perhaps we can find something of use here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_%28physics%29
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

I actually think WeeCoin is a really good and catchy name, the only weakness that I can see is that it might sound somewhat like Weak-oin..

Or wee as in piss, urine.. might as well call it shitcoin
Pee?

"Take a wee" is to pee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQNt45Cjkc

Ah well, I rest my case Tongue
This problem didn't stop Wiz Khalifa...

What makes this coin stand out, is that the blockchain is moving, changing - like a snowball rolling and getting bigger. In contrast to bitcoin, which is more of a static, growing sort of thing - like a tree.

ReelCoin, FlowCoin, StreamCoin could be on the right track of what we're looking for.

Blockstream maybe?
legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

I actually think WeeCoin is a really good and catchy name, the only weakness that I can see is that it might sound somewhat like Weak-oin..

Pee?

"Take a wee" is to pee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQNt45Cjkc

Ah well, I rest my case Tongue
This problem didn't stop Wiz Khalifa...

What makes this coin stand out, is that the blockchain is moving, changing - like a snowball rolling and getting bigger. In contrast to bitcoin, which is more of a static, growing sort of thing - like a tree.

ReelCoin, FlowCoin, StreamCoin could be on the right track of what we're looking for.
legendary
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

Pee?

"Take a wee" is to pee.
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

Pee?
Weecoin sounds even worse than Cryptonite. What is this? A coin for drunk Scotsmen?

What's wrong with drunk Scotsmen?!
Activity: 294
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

legendary
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

Good question, I asked myself the same thing as I thought it was very unimaginative to name all coins after bitCoin. But if you think about it a bit more, Coin is actually a very good way of representing the tokens we mine and buy. It's a symbol that relates to money, and I really don't think there is any better way of symbolizing these cryptos so that people from outside can understand.

Do you own a MiniCoin or a MiniFreak, or a MiniNite?

Wee
adj. we·er, we·est
1. Very small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
2. Very early: the wee hours of the morning.
n. Scots
A short time; a little bit.

I reserved the reddit for us in case.

Weecoin sounds even worse than Cryptonite. What is this? A coin for drunk Scotsmen?
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"

Good question, I asked myself the same thing as I thought it was very unimaginative to name all coins after bitCoin. But if you think about it a bit more, Coin is actually a very good way of representing the tokens we mine and buy. It's a symbol that relates to money, and I really don't think there is any better way of symbolizing these cryptos so that people from outside can understand.

Do you own a MiniCoin or a MiniFreak, or a MiniNite?

Wee
adj. we·er, we·est
1. Very small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
2. Very early: the wee hours of the morning.
n. Scots
A short time; a little bit.

I reserved the reddit for us just in case.
On another note, hows that web wallet coming along?
Cryptchain
Demichain (demi meaning small)
Demicoin
Barechain/barecoin
Cutchain/cutcoin
Trimchain
Clipcoin (as in clipped/cropped blockchain)
Snipcoin/snipchain

Just a few random ones thought of on the second, personally I like clipchain/clipcoin, has a ring to it, and you can kee p your ticker XCN
legendary
MiniCoin? Meh.

You need a powerful, unique name like Monero, etc. You can exclude the word coin.

I agree that CryptoNite is confusing. Immediately I thought that it was a Cryptonote coin.

My suggesetion:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/commence

"to begin", "to be first". Can't be confused with any other coin. Is quite neutral but signals progress. 

Commence or CommenceCoin. Also, that way we can keep the ticker XCN

XCN
Activity: 868
how about SCoin ? The letter "S" represent small size in clothing , shoes , etc.
Activity: 303
No one like you
CryptoMini
MiniNite
MiniBlock
 Cheesy Or MiniFreak
Why people like "coin"
legendary
Activity: 1120
MiniCoin? Meh.

You need a powerful, unique name like Monero, etc. You can exclude the word coin.

I agree that CryptoNite is confusing. Immediately I thought that it was a Cryptonote coin.
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
This is not certain: changing to Minicoin (previously an obscure thing nobody ever noticed) *may* possibly cause confusion.
I am not against changing the name, I just don't think it's worth changing if we're going to choose something that's been used before. And to be honest with you MiniCoin is never going to happen. I don't think it's a great name and at least one other poster here doesn't think it's great either, even if we vote on it I highly doubt MiniCoin would win.  It is a relevant name connected to the nature of the project, but that doesn't make it a great name.

You are also hearing these tales; perhaps it's time to listen?
Those tales are clearly exaggerations, and even if completely true I have no desire to cater to such imbeciles. Lol. Seriously though it really isn't that hard to explain the name. I just explain it as "Cryptonite with a C instead of a K" and I might go onto further explain "so it starts with crypto as in cryptography". Some people may ask if it's related to Cryptonote or their cryptonight PoW algorithm and the answer is simple: no.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
You have more familiarity with and therefore attachment to XCN than anyone else.  To the rest of us, XCN is a very new thing.
I have no attachment to the currency code, in fact I don't really like it very much. My reasons for not wanting to change it are purely technical. I am willing to change the name but not the currency code. Well maybe if we finally do decide to change the name at some point I'll consider changing the currency code too.

The new Bytecoin isn't confused with the old one, and there is no reason to expect new Minicoin would be either.  Moreover, I heard about OG Bytecoin, but never had the slightest inkling Minicoin exists/existed.
Actually I did confuse Bytecoin with the old Bytecoin, and I only recently realized they were two different things. The fact is I'm not going to change the name to something else unless it's something which is 100% certain not to cause confusion, otherwise there's no point changing.

Grin  Heh, I was all like "ByteCoin?  *facepalm* Not that shit again" too.  But that was only the first time.  Nobody confuses them anymore, which is my point.

This is about comparative advantage, not finding the perfect pristine Holy Name.

This is certain: our current name, 'Cryptonite' is 100% certain to continue causing confusion with the much larger and more popular Cryptonote family.

This is not certain: changing to Minicoin (previously an obscure thing nobody ever noticed) *may* possibly cause confusion.

100% chance of continuing confusion vs. <100% possibility of confusion.  I'm not sure how to illustrate the comparative advantage any more clearly.   Undecided

You've already changed the name of the coin to something which is 100% certain to cause confusion.  It's still entirely early enough in this coin's life to easily correct that mishap with minimal hassle.  The longer we wait the harder it gets.

I didn't initially care about the phonetic collision either (since I already knew all about MBC and C-NOTE).  But having heard the recent tales of mistaken identity, I've come around to accept the change is warranted.  You are also hearing these tales; perhaps it's time to listen?
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I propose we let money talk.  IE, we auction off for the benefit of the dev fund the right to rename XCN.  
Lol am I allowed to vote/bid? I already have about 2BTC reserved for the development fund. If so, I vote keep it the same.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
You have more familiarity with and therefore attachment to XCN than anyone else.  To the rest of us, XCN is a very new thing.
I have no attachment to the currency code, in fact I don't really like it very much. My reasons for not wanting to change it are purely technical. I am willing to change the name but not the currency code. Well maybe if we finally do decide to change the name at some point I'll consider changing the currency code too.

The new Bytecoin isn't confused with the old one, and there is no reason to expect new Minicoin would be either.  Moreover, I heard about OG Bytecoin, but never had the slightest inkling Minicoin exists/existed.
Actually I did confuse Bytecoin with the old Bytecoin, and I only recently realized they were two different things. The fact is I'm not going to change the name to something else unless it's something which is 100% certain not to cause confusion, otherwise there's no point changing.
Pages:
Jump to: