Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 87. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
running the current win64_cryptonite-qt, trying a fresh sync, i get up to 7 days behind, then
Not enough 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 0
Not enough 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 0
infinitely repeats and no further progress occurs.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Thought I'd post some screenshots of the web wallet I'm working on:

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/22befbl42/1c89816d/
Making Payment: http://postimg.org/image/56rdrx4b5/

Don't get too excited though, I haven't implemented any client side wallet encryption, so at this point it's really more like an alternative to the Qt wallet, but once it's finished I will create a fork with all the fancy javascript-based wallet encryption so that it can be used as a web wallet without worrying about the owner of the website stealing all your coins (like the blockchain.info web wallet).

I personally like to use it instead of Qt because it provides better control over tx inputs and outputs and it also has a graphical interface for creating multi-signature addresses and transactions as well as an interface for controlling the withdrawal limit of an address. It also features a simple type of blockchain explorer built in the wallet and the home page of the wallet contains a bunch of useful info like the current coin supply, the current block reward, the current difficulty, the current block count, etc.

The wallet script should be released within the next day or two, I'll upload it to the main github account when it's ready. Next task after the wallet is to create a blockchain explorer, which shouldn't take me too long. I'll include support for weird transactions like withdrawal limit updates (where the input is the same as the output) so that it's easier to understand how some of the new Cryptonite features work.

Good to hear some positive news and updates.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Thought I'd post some screenshots of the web wallet I'm working on:

Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/22befbl42/1c89816d/
Making Payment: http://postimg.org/image/56rdrx4b5/

Don't get too excited though, I haven't implemented any client side wallet encryption, so at this point it's really more like an alternative to the Qt wallet, but once it's finished I will create a fork with all the fancy javascript-based wallet encryption so that it can be used as a web wallet without worrying about the owner of the website stealing all your coins (like the blockchain.info web wallet).

I personally like to use it instead of Qt because it provides better control over tx inputs and outputs and it also has a graphical interface for creating multi-signature addresses and transactions as well as an interface for controlling the withdrawal limit of an address. It also features a simple type of blockchain explorer built in the wallet and the home page of the wallet contains a bunch of useful info like the current coin supply, the current block reward, the current difficulty, the current block count, etc.

The wallet script should be released within the next day or two, I'll upload it to the main github account when it's ready. Next task after the wallet is to create a blockchain explorer, which shouldn't take me too long. I'll include support for weird transactions like withdrawal limit updates (where the input is the same as the output) so that it's easier to understand how some of the new Cryptonite features work.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I think the most correct way to calculate the current block reward is using this formula:

current_block_reward = 243.1 * (coinbase_account_balance / (264-1 / 10000000000))

243.1 XCN is the starting block reward in case you're wondering.
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Also, is there an RPC for finding the current total XCN out there? In some coins you can find it as "moneysupply" in getinfo.
I think the best way is to use listbalances to get the balance of the coinbase address (CGTta3M4t3yXu8uRgkKvaWd2d8DQvDPnpL) and then subtract the balance of the coinbase address from the total possible coin supply (2^64/10000000000) to calculate how many coins have already been mined (aka how many coins have been taken from the coinbase account).
Cheers Cheesy

The reward formula is still a bit of a mystery, though. Solving
Code:
reward = (2^64 - coins_so_far) * constant
gives a nice exponential formula for the reward as a function of height, but I'd rather use the coinbase to account for the large block penalty and whatnot.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
The backupwallet RPC does not work on the daemon on my Linux box.
Yeah I think that issue was reported once before. We'll try to have it fixed in the next release.

Also, is there an RPC for finding the current total XCN out there? In some coins you can find it as "moneysupply" in getinfo.
I think the best way is to use listbalances to get the balance of the coinbase address (CGTta3M4t3yXu8uRgkKvaWd2d8DQvDPnpL) and then subtract the balance of the coinbase address from the total possible coin supply (2^64/10000000000) to calculate how many coins have already been mined (aka how many coins have been taken from the coinbase account).
Activity: 520
A couple of brief technical issues:

The backupwallet RPC does not work on the daemon on my Linux box. It could be a botched build on my part, but it generally works on all other Bitcoin derivatives I've tried (about 20 of them), and the rest of cryptonited works fine. The log shows
Code:
2014-08-28 18:10:33 copied wallet.dat to /home/teknohog/test.dat
but there is no file to be found.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Regarding hero members in this thread .
Is it time to get on bittrex ? More buy support is needed.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Cracked 5400kh/s at lowest on XCN: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnwolf750ti11.png

that's impressive, you are aiming at 6M?
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
Selling AMD GPU miner 2 BTC ...

260X gives around 2.2 M/hash

don't hate on me amph

I can buy 317,460.317 XCN at current price  (630 satoshi) with 2 BTC.
Tell me why I should buy the AMD miner .
You shouldn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJUDx7iEJw

my new favorite song.
Activity: 140
Hi folks,

My computer crashed while syncing wallet today.
I could not start it again, so, I erased all blockchain and started downloading it again.

Now my wallet is stucked "downloading headers" with "7 days behind".

Any tips?

Thanks in advance...  Wink

Looks like a wallet corruption issue.

OPTION A
Use a backed up wallet you know was working prior the crash.

OPTION B
1 - Bakup wallet by making a copy of the wallet.dat file somewhere of your choice -- IMPORTANT -- VERY.
2 - Dump all private keys through command line (try dumpwallet first if that doesn't work then try dumpprivkey "yourxcnaddress") - If none work, well seems your fucked as the wallet might irreversibly be corrupted. Pray or contact the devs of the coins.
3 - Once the dump is done delete all the content of the blockchain folder -- ALL -- including the wallet.dat (you have made a backup anyways).
4 - Once the above is done, relaunch the wallet (this will recreate a fresh wallet.dat file), let it synch -- FULLY --
5 - Finally, import the private keys of each address you received coins from and addresses you've created (use the importprivkey command) - All coins should now appear.
6 - Now backup the wallet again so you can use that one in case of future corruption.

That's how it worked for me and a few I've helped.

Thx for the help, but didn't work.
2 days of 5 750Tis rig mining lost, not so much.

Will mine straight to Exchange wallet til this coin is dead.
Hi folks,

I could not start it again, so, I erased all blockchain and started downloading it again.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance...  Wink

Looks like a wallet corruption issue.

OPTION A
Use a backed up wallet you know was working prior the crash.

OPTION B
1 - Bakup wallet by making a copy of the wallet.dat file somewhere of your choice -- IMPORTANT -- VERY.
2 - Dump all private keys through command line (try dumpwallet first if that doesn't work then try dumpprivkey "yourxcnaddress") - If none work, well seems your fucked as the wallet might irreversibly be corrupted. Pray or contact the devs of the coins.
3 - Once the dump is done delete all the content of the blockchain folder -- ALL -- including the wallet.dat (you have made a backup anyways).
4 - Once the above is done, relaunch the wallet (this will recreate a fresh wallet.dat file), let it synch -- FULLY --
5 - Finally, import the private keys of each address you received coins from and addresses you've created (use the importprivkey command) - All coins should now appear.
6 - Now backup the wallet again so you can use that one in case of future corruption.

That's how it worked for me and a few I've helped.
Activity: 140
Hi folks,

Any tips?

Thanks in advance...  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

don't hate on me amph

Meh, not very impressive. Plenty of people will pay a lot more than 2 BTC for faster miners.

At current prices? No way. Not unless they want ROI.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

don't hate on me amph

oh , so there was a private miner, well i'm not surprise, the coin is not profitable regardless
You have to have some future speculation, 1000 coins now are worth nothing, in a year it could be worth a fortune.

i would just buy then, they are so cheap, the problem is that in the future there will be more coins in circulation, it only gets worse

Pfft ... Cheap  ?

wait until the miner is put to puplic .... u will see the real cheap

this is why i'm not mining it, i know it will crash even farther, mining when the price is decreasing is not really funny
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
last one out of this thread shut the lights off..this coin is done..
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi dev,i think the difficulty of increasing mining,because now the price miners still have very big profit.
I don't think so.
mining xcn with CPU can not earn your electricity fee
Activity: 509
Hi dev,i think the difficulty of increasing mining,because now the price miners still have very big profit.
Pages:
Jump to: