Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 151. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
your damned if you do, your damned if you dont lol
get more solo mining this at the start of the year with 2x 1070s for 1 hour... than i do now with 16x 1070s all day , good hey lol . cant even buy a gpu if ya try now lol . im astounded by how fast all this changed . I had a mate get so close to getting an xcn pool running so long ago , but yeah he ran into issues similar to what i think your having hamilton . its hard to integrate and not standard , im sure ocminer knows the trick maybe he can share some info and help shed some light if hes willing ... the suprnova pool NEVER had any issue till just recently when the global hash went from a standard 500mh to now 30000mh ... this happen BAM in 2 weeks and has been relentless ever since .. casue the pool to be shit .... now even solo seems not worth it ... 2 blocks in 18 hours with 16 1070s dont cut it for me lol .
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
If anyone wants to be involved in building a Pool for XCN, these are two systems I am working with. The link are to the file repositories.
MPOS - https://github.com/MPOS/php-mpos
NOMP - https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal

MPOS - is the front end, the web graphical interface, which I believe I have it figured out. MPOS also has a Stratum for python, but I am giving NOMP, the NodeJS a try.
NOMP - is the mining backend and I expect to be a pain to integrate.

MPOS
For MPOS, the following modifications were needed:
- In the \include\lib\ folder, the file global.inc.php (the original is global.inc.dist.php, but gets copies and renamed to global.inc.php during the install process);
--- Line 38 for the algorithm is changed from "scrypt" to "m7".
Code:
$config['algorithm'] = 'm7';
--- Lines 69 to 71 are changed to reflect the port and rpcuser and rpcpassword used in the wallet's cryptonite.conf file.
--- Lines 93 to 96 are changed to reflect the coin name, url's and ports used.
Code:
$config['gettingstarted']['coinname'] = 'Cryptonite';
$config['gettingstarted']['coinurl'] = 'http://cryptonite.info';
$config['gettingstarted']['stratumurl'] = 'ServerIPAddressHere';
$config['gettingstarted']['stratumport'] = '8008';
--- Lines 103 to 106 if to add in the values from an Exchange
--- Line 142 to change to XCN
Code:
$config['currency'] = 'XCN';

- Create a file in the \include\classes\coins folder, named as coin_n7.class.php
--- The file I have it coded as:
Code:
$defflip = (!cfip()) ? exit(header('HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized')) : 1;

/**
 * We extend our CoinBase class
 * No need to change anything, base class supports
 * M7
 **/
class Coin extends CoinBase {
  protected 
$target_bits 64;
}

- May need to modify line 82 in include\autoloader.inc.php, from scrypt to m7:
Code:
require_once(INCLUDE_DIR . '/lib/m7.php');

- Need to create a file in the includes\lib\ folder named, m7.php.
This file appears to have the algorithm process.

NOMP
The following files look like they need modifications or needed:
- Create a coin file in \coins folder, named as cryptonite.json
--- Need to figure out the values in that file
- Modify the file, package.json located in the root of nomp, to add in "m7" in the keywords section (starting at line 5).

I'm sure there are more that is needed, but that is the start I have so far.

on a different note, has anybody tested GtX 770 or GTX 780 on M7 algo using the new CCminer? I'm getting a 780 and wanna know what would be acceptable. and thinking also in investing in a couple of 770. what do you guys think?
I don't know.
But I do know that 970's are a good buy. They run at 80% of a 1060 w/6GB (getting 8.5 MH/s without over clocking and using the Windows miner) and should cost no more than $200 USD. Managed to get four of them for $155 used (each).
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
450Mhs and I get 20% block (luck 20%) in solo mine then I should, have 24 nodes, open port, wallet in sync all the tame, no orpants or i don`t see them... duno what can be ........ using linux cli wallet on i5 haswell CPU
So excited to start mining there Smiley Best of luck
Thanks!

Yes, I do have it as a reference.

So, can you make that info available for dummies?
 Grin
That is the intent, so long as using the same Operating System, which is Ubuntu (for Amazon's Cloud AWS) v16.

This is the reference material I have been following. Now if this did not exist... well... I don't know if I would have started this at all.
It has proven to be the best source, but unfortunately it is out of date, and does not go into of how to configure for a new coin.
https://blockgen.net/novices-guide-to-setting-up-a-crypto-currency-mining-pool/
Just an update...
Ok, finally got a working Litecoin MPOS with NOMP pool running on a server. Quite the pain, with old documentation and lack of helpful replies...
So, if anyone wants a document of an updated "How to" for a Litecoin pool, I can provide that.

Now... going through the bugs with the XCN Pool, one at a time...

Hi, can you please send the address of the pool and the port to start mining there?
I will, once I have it on a cloud server. Right now though I am building and testing on an internal server to save costs.
Just an update...
Ok, finally got a working Litecoin MPOS with NOMP pool running on a server. Quite the pain, with old documentation and lack of helpful replies...
So, if anyone wants a document of an updated "How to" for a Litecoin pool, I can provide that.

Yes please, post your howto.
I'm sorry you didn't get helpful replies, but I'm here (and on slack) to help everybody.
Ah with the "lack of helpful replies", I meant with people who have pool knowledge, not the community here, sorry about that.
I'll post my findings here, and see if we can make this a group effort in getting a pool operable.
I have the front-end MPOS working with the wallet, now for the Stratum part (NOMP).
Activity: 299

on a different note, has anybody tested GtX 770 or GTX 780 on M7 algo using the new CCminer? I'm getting a 780 and wanna know what would be acceptable. and thinking also in investing in a couple of 770. what do you guys think?
Activity: 140
Is there a new pool?
For noobs in compilling, i mean...
I do not understand half what i read on last 2 pages.
So, can you make that info available for dummies?
 Grin

Activity: 243
Merit: 105
Just an update...

take a look at this https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/SimplePool
To solo I can connect only 4 PCs. Where is the limitation and how it sloves?

just look 3 posts before yours ;-)
Thanks. Finally, I had a lot of unconfirmed blocks. What should I write for "Application" in my adsl-modem to open 8253 port - cryptonite-qt, ccminer or sth else?

I don't think that matters. When you set the right external and internal port, + the internal IP, you are ready to go.
What do you mean "set the internal IP"? In config? How? In adsl-modem?

You must forward 8253 port in your modem settings
There is a memory leak in cryptonited daemon, running during solo mining - 0.5GB over 8 hours

Thanks for reporting, I will monitor it over the next hours/days.

24h - 2.7g ram
Code:
19919 krnl      20   0 5188628 2.734g  17676 S   7.3 17.6  29:31.65 cryptonited

Maybe supprnova pool lagging caused by this issue
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
NEW!

Faucet by tnotm:

http://cryptonite-xcn.com/faucet/

Do you guys approve for bounty payout?
Seems to work, I even tried using a different address to see if more could be acquired (from the same computer and IP) and could not. Thus going through the effort of different VPN locations, wallets, VM instances, seems not worth the while to try to gain all of the coins from the faucet.

So it gets my vote.

Very good, thanks for the report.
Later I will send the bounty and some more funds for the faucet.

Thanks everyone!  I am going to start looking into a rich list and other features that are out there.
Activity: 299
Just an update...

So excited to start mining there Smiley Best of luck
Activity: 954
Merit: 250

Thanks. Finally, I had a lot of unconfirmed blocks. What should I write for "Application" in my adsl-modem to open 8253 port - cryptonite-qt, ccminer or sth else?

I don't think that matters. When you set the right external and internal port, + the internal IP, you are ready to go.
What do you mean "set the internal IP"? In config? How? In adsl-modem?
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
Just an update...

Hi, can you please send the address of the pool and the port to start mining there?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
so i see there are better version that mine with more hash can someone compile for windows, because mine do only 16MH, but other do 24MH? can you post it in your first post pallas? not everyone can compile, and in the first post only lead me to github with no exe

I'm sorry I don't have a windows environment to do the compile.
Some of us have such an environment and would take little time to compile my miner, while it would take days to me.
Activity: 954
Merit: 250

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Just an update...

Yes please, post your howto.
I'm sorry you didn't get helpful replies, but I'm here (and on slack) to help everybody.
Jump to: