Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 155. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
With the wallets...

When conducting solo mining operations, the bottleneck in terms of performance is with the wallet in generating blocks correct?
- If so, is this due to CPU limitation, network latency or the coding?
For Pool Mining, is the pool's wallet, still a limiting factor?

In performance, is the QT and Paper Wallet different?

Yes, I think it´s mostly cpu time. Surely the code can be improved to make it faster. It´s one of the bounties.
For the pool, the limitation is the same.
I don´t think the qt version makes a difference: I would use the headless version on a server anyways.
Paper wallet: you still need a wallet running, to check the blocks and broadcast them on the network.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
With the wallets...

When conducting solo mining operations, the bottleneck in terms of performance is with the wallet in generating blocks correct?

i tried solo and found nothing but orphans  Huh

how long does it take to find a block if you for example solve with 100MH/s?
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
With the wallets...

i tried solo and found nothing but orphans  Huh
I'm getting this error whenever I try to run the client. on 2 separate PCs

The error is a failed block read from disk.
It usually happens when the initial sync is interrupted before finishing.
Is this your case?

Not that I can think of. when I start it, the splash screen says "loading block index". I leave it in the background, then it gives that error after a while. btw, the client worked before and downloaded the transactions.

Then probably the block db got corrupted for some reason.
Try running with "-resync" or use a blockchain snapshot, as in the first post.

Thanks, it worked after using the snapshot
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
With the wallets...

And.... the pool is down.

which pool? suprnova is still working. have you managed to create one?
It was Suprnova, and the dashboard was reflecting no workers.
I had spent a few hours doing upgrades and wanting to do some testing... which didn't have good timing with the pool being down.
But fortunately was back up.

Still haven't finished completing a new pool as of yet.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Is this your case?

Not that I can think of. when I start it, the splash screen says "loading block index". I leave it in the background, then it gives that error after a while. btw, the client worked before and downloaded the transactions.

Then probably the block db got corrupted for some reason.
Try running with "-resync" or use a blockchain snapshot, as in the first post.

Is this your case?

legendary
Black Belt Developer

Is this your case?

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Back to the point.  How big is the blockchain on disk as of today?

Just have a look at the full snapshots in the first post.
But, if you start a new wallet, the data size will be a lot smaller, because of the mini-blockchain technology.

Just would like to know without installing it.  I've always been interested in this project.

which pool? suprnova is still working. have you managed to create one?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Just have a look at the full snapshots in the first post.
But, if you start a new wallet, the data size will be a lot smaller, because of the mini-blockchain technology.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Cryptonite Paper Wallet is now available!
Win 50 XCN!
(see way below)

tl;dr - Download here, run it in a browser on a secure machine, choose Cryptonite, choose wallet type(paper, BIP38 encrypted, brain, bulk), print.

https://i.imgur.com/AgMOpsu.png
https://i.imgur.com/AgMOpsu.png

If you like cold storage, you are going to love a paper wallet!  Working with the maintainer of WalletGenerator.net I was able to create a paper wallet for Cryptonite!

While it isn't live(yet) on WalletGenerator.net, a downloadable version with Cryptonite is.  I have forked it off their current version and made a pull request, so it should be live 'someday'(his words not mine) on their page, but this version will be available until then.

Instructions:
  • Download the zip file
  • Unzip
  • Open the index.html file on a secure machine
  • Wiggle your mouse around
  • Select Cryptonite from the drop down at the top
  • Select Paper(w/BIP38 or w/o), Bulk, or Brain
  • Print

Couple of things to remember/do:
  • RTFM - The index.html has instructions and information.
  • Try it first with some small amounts.
  • Check a chain explorer to validate if coins are present in the wallet.
  • Unless it is BIP38 encrypted, anyone that finds your paper wallet can access steal all of your coin.
  • Brain and BIP38 may require that you come back to this same index.html to recover your (WIF)private key. (could be wrong on this)
  • Once a paper wallet is imported to a live wallet, and any coins spent, the paper wallet will be empty.
  • Best to make a new paper wallet and transfer funds there if it has been imported into a live wallet.
  • They make great gifts!

Learn about it!
Google 'paper wallet bitcoin', or check out the links below.  You will get deeper insight into how crypto really works, and learn how paper wallets can be a HODL'rs best friend.

That's all I got...  Try it out, and let me know what you think.

Acknowledgements: - Please cryptocoin responsibly, and don't forget to tip your developers.

Michael Mure @ WalletGenerator.net on Github  BTC 15DHZzv7eBUwss77qczZiL3DUEZLjDYhbM
Cryptonite Team @ Cryptonite.info  XCN  CP6uhgcDnXzdgQhnz2q1xhSFMFinmqkQkh  (fund address)
tnotm <-- this is me!  Tip me!!  XCN  CPtFmAxGz2RMdp9wumtVyBTPeDQNAV3AsB  (yep, its a cold storage paper wallet... ADL)

---

How to win 50 XCN:

Be the first one to tweet a pic of you holding a printed Cryptonite paper wallet.

Rules:
  • Tweet with the earliest timestamp wins
  • Paper wallet must be created from the wallet generator in this post(not just your doodles of your keys)
  • 50 xcn for the winning tweet, from my personal account
  • Tweet must contain the following: a link to this post, hashtags: #Cryptonite #XCN $XCN #paperwallet
  • proof of printing - an image of you with the printed wallet (don't use the wallet you fool, you just shared it with everyone!)
  • PM me the tweet
  • No nudes, this is a family coin... It's up to you really... I don't really mind either way  Shocked
  • This is a unofficial thingy I am doing, not the devs. All on me, because Cryptonite paper wallets rock!

---

Thanks so much! Feeling so much better about having my xcn off exchange and on a paper wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
I'm right now testing this - looks great and I'd like to use it to gift some xcn to friends.
Which leads me to the question: How does one import a private key into a xcn wallet?

I think it should be the same as for any other coin: In the wallet console type "importprivkey "cryptoniteprivkey" "

Can anyone tell the best settings for mining XCN with GTX 1080 Ti?
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Cryptonite Paper Wallet is now available!

I'm right now testing this - looks great and I'd like to use it to gift some xcn to friends.
Which leads me to the question: How does one import a private key into a xcn wallet?
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
has anyone heard from ocminer why the pool is always disconnecting?  I see he is active in other coin topics.  It is getting to bad to mine at supernova.
Back again,

So, my hashrate is 44mh/s -small equipment- according to whattomine.com I should be mining 27 coins per hour but actually Iäm getting just 18 per hour.. Idk, what could be the reason for that? is it the pool?

thanks,

From where you take that hashrate? Miner or pool side? Thats big difference. How typed pallas whattomine cannot count with orphans, pool luck, diff and other factors.

Those are the readings of the miner. I don't trust suprnova because it shows obviously wrong hashrates. I mean right now it says 63 mh/s and I'm pretty sure 4 GTX 1060 can't do that. I just wanna know if I'm missing something. ist it normal to have such difference -40%- between expectations and results?

something is wrong with suprnova.
with 4 nvidia 1070 local hashrate is around 46mh. win 10 anniversary update. CUDA installed and virtual memory adjusted to 20 - 30 GB
pool hashrate vary between 16 and 63mh.
estimation on statistic/pool 41,881mh    982.268XCN/day
earning Last Hour    13.63484121, that make 327 XCN/day
3 times lower than estimated.
about 7 hours of mining, for test, and 1/3 of expected gain.
i will let them mine for a whole day, but i do not think will be better.

with 4 GTX 1070 you should be mining at around 60mh/s I'm having 4 gtx 1060 and already reaching 46 mh/s

and on suprnova? what hashrate have you?
how many xcn in a day? calculated by you, last 24h, not by the pool.
i use win7, what do you use?

The pool is pretty unstable showing values between 35 and 65 mh/s. I get 400 XCN/day

to see a more stable hashrate (because it is averaged over a longer period) click on "statistics", then "graphs".

Thanks, seems like it's averaging around 40 considering the connection drops
Jump to: