Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 153. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
NEW!

Faucet by tnotm:

http://cryptonite-xcn.com/faucet/

Do you guys approve for bounty payout?
Seems to work, I even tried using a different address to see if more could be acquired (from the same computer and IP) and could not. Thus going through the effort of different VPN locations, wallets, VM instances, seems not worth the while to try to gain all of the coins from the faucet.

So it gets my vote.

Very good, thanks for the report.
Later I will send the bounty and some more funds for the faucet.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
open ports on your router or use UPNP to have more wallet connections.
that will bring faster syncing and less likely to generate orphans (when solo mining).
I assume then to open Ports 8252 and 8253 for both TCP and UDP?

8253 is the default p2p port, you need to open that one (or the one you specified in cryptonite.conf) for tcp only.
do not open the rpcport, unless you need it for some special reason.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
NEW!

Faucet by tnotm:

Seems to work, I even tried using a different address to see if more could be acquired (from the same computer and IP) and could not. Thus going through the effort of different VPN locations, wallets, VM instances, seems not worth the while to try to gain all of the coins from the faucet.

So it gets my vote.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
that will bring faster syncing and less likely to generate orphans (when solo mining).

or did u mean open the port which I have specified in my cryptonite.conf?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
NEW!

Faucet by tnotm:

Merit: 250
all the time problems with xcn.suprnova.cc

always, all time ......
who knowns alternative pool ?

what miner is that?  what gpu's? 1070?
DJM34 0.0.3
1070`s - +160 core +0 mem
legendary
Black Belt Developer
suprnova sh*t as usual Smiley
I have noticed that the amount of disconnects is usually in direct relation to the amount of hashing power or worker connections to the pool server. There was one particular account that I believe was about 10 million KH/s and a few others at the 5 million mark in the past few days. As of now, those accounts are not there and the pool seems stable for the most part.
Which if based on the past postings, this coin causes high CPU performance, and thus may not be suited for large data centers (unless they get their own pool).

I did give a try with solo mining with a high powered CPU server at home, but does seem that the wallet is too slow to keep up with the blocks. In 48 hours, only two blocks mined, one accepted, one orphaned (with 100 MH/s). Giving a short experiment with AWS for solo mining to see if network connectivity plays a significant factor.

I've tried solomining yesterday. 1st block is after 4 hours, the second after additional 6 hours but was orphaned. then no more for 7 hours. so I was a bit disappointed and went back to suprnova (46 Mh/s). At least now I know that I have a backup plan if suprnova goes down again
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

always, all time ......

what miner is that?  what gpu's? 1070?

always, all time ......
we need a new stable XCN pool! Who can make it ?

AFAIK, there are two in the works.
first - suprnova
second ?
suprnova sh*t as usual Smiley
I have noticed that the amount of disconnects is usually in direct relation to the amount of hashing power or worker connections to the pool server. There was one particular account that I believe was about 10 million KH/s and a few others at the 5 million mark in the past few days. As of now, those accounts are not there and the pool seems stable for the most part.
Which if based on the past postings, this coin causes high CPU performance, and thus may not be suited for large data centers (unless they get their own pool).

I did give a try with solo mining with a high powered CPU server at home, but does seem that the wallet is too slow to keep up with the blocks. In 48 hours, only two blocks mined, one accepted, one orphaned (with 100 MH/s). Giving a short experiment with AWS for solo mining to see if network connectivity plays a significant factor.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Activity: 243
Merit: 105
I tried syncing wallet to try some solo mine but last 17H are kinda slow, and just few nodes... updated one would be welcome maybe even better miner Smiley

try to build miner wallet with this CFLAGS, it slightly increases sync speed

./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
I tried syncing wallet to try some solo mine but last 17H are kinda slow, and just few nodes... updated one would be welcome maybe even better miner Smiley

definetly soemthing wrong, used bootstap and stuck at ~10274 behind- click to resync... used nodes from first page, some are prolly on wrong chain
Activity: 140
your damned if you do, your damned if you dont lol
just letting u all know nova xcn wallet is out of sync , my transaction from last night has over 1k confirms and isnt there yet ... on further investigation on the block explorer i can see the nova wallet is a few 1000 blocks behind from where the chains at . prolly dont send anything to nova for now ^^
legendary
Black Belt Developer
There is a memory leak in cryptonited daemon, running during solo mining - 0.5GB over 8 hours

Thanks for reporting, I will monitor it over the next hours/days.
Activity: 243
Merit: 105
There is a memory leak in cryptonited daemon, running during solo mining - 0.5GB over 8 hours
legendary
Black Belt Developer
we need a new stable XCN pool! Who can make it ?

AFAIK, there are two in the works.
Jump to: