Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 5. (Read 215340 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 29
Free Listing at Altilly.com

SPECIAL PROMOTION UNTIL DEC 31, 2020!
No listing fees for any asset we approve for listing between now and December 31st, 2020! Yes, you heard that right.... Oh, and no other weird fees either...

Cheesy Cheesy

Hello!
Glad to see you here!
it is possible apply for multiplye pairs as usdt and btc?
thanks!
#sekker
Activity: 884
Merit: 501
Free Listing at Altilly.com

SPECIAL PROMOTION UNTIL DEC 31, 2020!
No listing fees for any asset we approve for listing between now and December 31st, 2020! Yes, you heard that right.... Oh, and no other weird fees either...

Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
So do you mean that it will be an swap, not a fork, and it will  be a new blockchain and network errors and vulnerabilities will remain on the old network?

Thanks to the development team for continuing to develop the project Smiley

It will be a swap not a fork, because the code is brand new, not shared with any other coin and the blockchain format was also written from scratch and optimized.
There are no known vulnerabilities on the Cryptonite network, of course we can't delete the past when we had the know security troubles but as far as I know, no new exploits have been performed.

Hey pallas,

somebody bought all xcn from FreiExchange at 1 satoshi.
Does this swap mean balance from Cryptonite will be reflected to Cryptonite 2?

thanks!

Yes, that's the idea. We will need to set the ratio, probably with a community poll.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
So do you mean that it will be an swap, not a fork, and it will  be a new blockchain and network errors and vulnerabilities will remain on the old network?

It will be a swap not a fork, because the code is brand new, not shared with any other coin and the blockchain format was also written from scratch and optimized.
There are no known vulnerabilities on the Cryptonite network, of course we can't delete the past when we had the know security troubles but as far as I know, no new exploits have been performed.

Hey pallas,

somebody bought all xcn from FreiExchange at 1 satoshi.
Does this swap mean balance from Cryptonite will be reflected to Cryptonite 2?

thanks!
legendary
Black Belt Developer

May I know the url of the github repo?

It's in the first post of this thread.
I found this: https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite, isn't it based on bitcoin?

Yes it is based on bitcoin, but some key components have been rewritten or heavily modified.
Please see the features section of the first post, or the wiki, for details.
Activity: 8

I found this: https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite, isn't it based on bitcoin?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 8

legendary
Black Belt Developer

Will you still be using the same algo?  Smiley

Do you like it? :-)
Well, that's an option, or we could make a new one: after x22i and x25x I have some experience ;-)

Yes I do but like x22i and x25x ASICS can be made for this if it became big enough. Maybe one with a little code in it that ASICs and nicehash can't touch. An example is Zano ProgPowZ. Still has the same hashrate as Progpow but with a little code in it.  Smiley
Maybe ProgPowC....C for Cryptonite code. Smiley

Indeed: that was an option as well, a memory intensive one with "tricks" to make bitstream coders crazy.
Actually, x25x is already pretty complex for a fpga coder, but not impossible. As far as I know, when sinovate was big, there was no fpga for x22i nor for x25x, which means that it wasn't worth the effort: it would take too much time and resources.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

Will you still be using the same algo?  Smiley

Well, that's an option, or we could make a new one: after x22i and x25x I have some experience ;-)

Yes I do but like x22i and x25x ASICS can be made for this if it became big enough. Maybe one with a little code in it that ASICs and nicehash can't touch. An example is Zano ProgPowZ. Still has the same hashrate as Progpow but with a little code in it.  Smiley
Maybe ProgPowC....C for Cryptonite code. Smiley
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
I developed them for Sinovate, you can find the white papers on their website.
We also have a nice idea about a memory intensive algo but it's not finalized yet.

Thanks for the info! I will have a look right now.

As a side note, looks like Sinovate is not doing pretty well in term of price at least, since its being listed on CMC. But I like the volume increase.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Will you still be using the same algo?  Smiley

x22i and x25x ? Never heard of this algo. Is there some documentation about those hashing algos, I would love to read more. Thanks!

I developed them for Sinovate, you can find the white papers on their website.
We also have a nice idea about a memory intensive algo but it's not finalized yet.

x22i and x25x ? Never heard of this algo. Is there some documentation about those hashing algos, I would love to read more. Thanks!
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

Good to hear some updates, finally. Thanks for the heads-up @pallas and for the work the team is putting in. I'll join your discord to keep a closer look.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

I hope that the new project also eliminates the weakness of the current XCN code during low mining activity:
A single miner with a strong hash impulse can currently slow down the blockchain for a long period of time:
I am currently observing such attempts again and again!
An additional coupling of the difficulty adjustment with a time signal could be an effective remedy ...

XCN is using a quite old difficulty retargeting algorithm. It is pretty slow but it is also very secure. Some newer algos are "smarter", but I've seen coins being targeted by hackers because of that pretty often.
For sure we will include a newer and more versatile difficulty retargeting algorithm in the new coin.
Activity: 1

I hope that the new project also eliminates the weakness of the current XCN code during low mining activity:
A single miner with a strong hash impulse can currently slow down the blockchain for a long period of time:
I am currently observing such attempts again and again!
An additional coupling of the difficulty adjustment with a time signal could be an effective remedy ...
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 2114
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !

Pages:
Jump to: