Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 57. (Read 215672 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 25
Wow, nice. Thanks for this detailled guide!
Do you think it would also be possible to compile for OSX with this?

MXE only does windows. I think OSX wallet can be compiled natively but it'll take a while to figure out.

Most guides are for Ubuntu systems.

Almost none for Centos 7 x64 or Fedora 27 x64 (RHEL based systems in other words). You have done a great guide there anyway.

There is a dev we use who is great at getting cross compilations for both Win and OSX, but I am unsure if he is willing to divulge exactly how he does it. He is really great guy and a good dev also, so maybe he could give pointers to it.

We would like to setup our own, but all our systems are Centos 7 x64 and Fedora 27 x64 for the time being. At least they are the base systems for compilation for most daemons. We are finding a little trouble with XCN code in Centos 7 x64, but will eventually work it all out. Any help your end would be appreciated also.

#crysx

I don't know much about other distros but the bitcoin depends folder on github is a good place to start.
It makes toolchains similar to mxe but the libraries will be different. You can go through the folder history
and see how they fixed different things.
I removed the CPPFLAGS line from the compile script, it was a remnant of messing with qt5.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
When I download it, I save as file name cryptonite-qt save as type 'Application' and run it. After loading it shows 0.00 XNC amounts and says, in red,  out of sync

Well, the moment you run it it will be out of sync, but should start syncing in some seconds and be done after 30 minutes or more depending on your hardware and connection.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
When I download it, I save as file name cryptonite-qt save as type 'Application' and run it. After loading it shows 0.00 XNC amounts and says, in red,  out of sync
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

MXE only does windows. I think OSX wallet can be compiled natively but it'll take a while to figure out.

Most guides are for Ubuntu systems.

Almost none for Centos 7 x64 or Fedora 27 x64 (RHEL based systems in other words). You have done a great guide there anyway.

There is a dev we use who is great at getting cross compilations for both Win and OSX, but I am unsure if he is willing to divulge exactly how he does it. He is really great guy and a good dev also, so maybe he could give pointers to it.

We would like to setup our own, but all our systems are Centos 7 x64 and Fedora 27 x64 for the time being. At least they are the base systems for compilation for most daemons. We are finding a little trouble with XCN code in Centos 7 x64, but will eventually work it all out. Any help your end would be appreciated also.

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Cross-Compile XCN with Ubuntu for Windows:

Thanks very much! Added to the OP.

That is great.

Now all we need to have is for Centos 7 x64 and we can cover all our systems too Wink

Great guide!

#crysx
Activity: 444
Merit: 31
Still a manic miner
thanks a lot for your work!
awesome tutorial

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Cross-Compile XCN with Ubuntu for Windows:

Thanks very much! Added to the OP.
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Good news for XCN.

OT: How many Nova coins paid discounted listing price @ Cryptopia? This just never ends  Smiley.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Some good news, finally!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Looks like we will remain listed on novaexchange  Grin Grin Grin

News
2018-01-14 14:23 - Nova will NOT close its doors!
Honoured customers and crypto currency enthusiasts! You have been told a while ago now that we were planning to close down Nova Exchange in the beginning of 2018. We made this tough decision because Nova Exchange was growing at a speed, and in a way, that us, the founders, could not keep up with and run the business in a meaningful and secure way. Not wanting to make promises we might not be able to keep, we didn’t tell anyone, not anyone, that we never stopped looking for a way to keep going and keep Nova Exchange in business. So! We are so happy to announce that we have found a partner, a new main shareholder, willing and more importantly, able to carry on running Nova Exchange. The new owners, we have made sure, have the resources and the experience (6+ years in the business) it takes to provide excellent service to you all. We started negotiations and talks early in November last year, and now we can tell you the good news: The show will go on! More information will follow. In the meantime, just go keep on trading crypto. Best Wishes to you all!
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Are people still interested in this project? Why?
Is it because of the eventual blockchain bloat that other coins will face?

If you look at the coin features, that is not the only innovation that it brings. Plus, 4 years of running with a customised blockchain is a proof that the original project and ideas were very good!

i agree, this has to be the most undervalued crypto in existence. 

Then it must be a good investment opportunity ;-)

Just seems weird that XCN is highly unique, yet I bet not even 1% of the current peeps in crypto (especially the new ones coming in since BTC went to the moon) has even an idea it exists.

How does the main daemon and cli work? I don't know very much c++ so when I read the source it's all a blur to me.
Can someone please compile the main functions called in the daemon and cli into dll? I would like to just experiment with calling these functions in another language but don't know where to start.

legendary
Black Belt Developer
AEX XCN deposits:

"AEX access system is reconstructing for the faster speed. It will be recover within 3-7 days."

edit: Actually every coin there gives that same message  Smiley

It's also in the news section, we can hope they will open more than they closed ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
AEX XCN deposits:

"AEX access system is reconstructing for the faster speed. It will be recover within 3-7 days."

edit: Actually every coin there gives that same message  Smiley
legendary
Black Belt Developer

If you look at the coin features, that is not the only innovation that it brings. Plus, 4 years of running with a customised blockchain is a proof that the original project and ideas were very good!

Then it must be a good investment opportunity ;-)
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

legendary
Black Belt Developer

Pages:
Jump to: