Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 55. (Read 215672 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
have a new pool or still only suprnova? 8gh network, someone mine in solo?
Activity: 882
Merit: 310
I finally download Cryptonite QT client.
It's syncing really fast.

Did you think about, some changes to code, to prove scalability?
Like variable block sizes. Or test it to at least 8-16MB ?
What version of Bitcoin is it based (seems newer like 0.1x).
It would make it scalable.
Then test it out in public and show.
I would really like some to buy from someone coins, the best would be trade for SLM (we can discuss rates), but if not I'll try with BTC/ETH.

I found 0.14 version so quite new.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

The coins which based on Cryptonote algorithm are hard to be listed on exchange. It looks like that the one is not exception.

CRYPTONITE IS BASED ON THE M7 ALGORITHM--

The coin is not based on the CryptoNote algorithm.  It does have a similar name.  This has been a source of confusion, really.

CryptoNite has the mini-blockchain, a lightweight, rapidly-syncing wallet feature. This is a main strong point.       --scryptr
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
Eddy-Thailand
forgive me for i getting into your discussion.
If your friends like to take risks, they can make their own conclusion))
Now the coin has dark, difficult times, if now buy it - a risk.
When there is no risk, there will be a completely different situation and price.
But instead of risk, you want the opposite: you want the developer to convince you that there is no risk.
Do you understand the essence of the contradiction))?
Either there is a risk and a low price, or there is no risk and then the price is high (in fact, there is still a risk)
Good luck with the choice

Hence the core of what I was saying!

Thank you for clarifying that even further.

For the comment about WHY I got upset? I didn't get upset, just frustrated. Frustrated at those that come in ANY thread, let alone here, start banging their chests as if some finacials Gods and EXPECT people to 'convince' them why they should spend their money in here, or any coin project for that matter. The frustration spreads to other coins also, including the CWI-Coins we have. Who do these people think they are to do such things as we owe them an explanation and bow to our knees to beg them, and ultimately CONVINCE them that they should put their money into the network? There is WAY more than enough information to research, and if Eddie came here looking for answers, then as the right questions, not make demands like he is some fiscal God!

XCN, and other coins for that matter, do NOT need that sort of following, no matter how much money they have. This belittles the integrity of the coin, and the community behind it.

I for one will not stand for it, no matter who they think they are. As for the money, PFFFT! We could have done this MANY times over and disappeared making more money than Eddie is talking about, but we don't. None of us here do. PnD also? Come on! Eddie and his so called colleagues are gamblers, which is all good and well for what they do, but what he is talking about is something that can be done with ANY coin. So being 'upset' is not the point, standing up to someone that is a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing is. Standing up to someone that bangs his chest about how much money 'they' have and demand convincing as to why 'they' should spend their money in XCN and THEN pretend he was only asking a question to 'learn' is something I will not stand for.

That's all it is!

NO ONE can stop the PnD groups doing what they do until this regulated by the controlling governments of the countries, making PnD illegal like it is currently in the stock markets now. This is will not happen in Crypto, but I can assure you that this type person and personality is always detrimental to a coin and community, rather than an asset.

Always notice that ALL he talks about is price, and anything that needs to be 'learned' always reverts back to some fiscal agenda that he and his 'Thai people' have. learning about the tech? Not likely. Tech has nothing to do with price, nor does community help.

Now, back to work. The REAL work, unlike what Eddie is actually doing.

#crysx

The coins which based on Cryptonote algorithm are hard to be listed on exchange. It looks like that the one is not exception.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
XCN technical indicators are very good, but I don't understand why there is almost no other blockchain project using XCN technology, according to what I think, if the mini block used as side chain of BTC, may solve many problems, because it updates very fast, at any time as long as the new wallet, only need to update the 10k blocks.
So would anyone trade SLM-XCN 1:3 ratio?
Imo good, cause because SLM on exchanges are around 340-480sats, and XCN around 80sats.
Can help later with new website maybe.

Btw. How much would GTX 1060 mine today ? I don't have gpu cause it burned, but I'm wondering Cheesy.
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
The information is all buried in the original homepage. Especially the wiki is very insightful.
I can also recommend the paper. It's all in there and easy to understand.

There are some interviews and videos around from the early days. They can help to get an overview, too.

https://www.digicent.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Cryptonite-The-First-MiniBlockchain.pdf

https://www.digicent.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Interview-With-The-Founder-of-Cryptonite.pdf

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/172241105&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb0sAmQD0Dk (made by the original inventor of Cryptonite, bitfreak himself)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I only can do that, if I believe in your currency.

So make me a believer.

Why is your currency better that dog/panda/... coin?

Make me a believer.

Why I must tell my Thai friends on bx, buy.

Or why I must tell myself, buy?

But never shoot the messenger of piano player.

In short: Cryptonite is the only truly scalable crypto currency out there.

Reasons:
1. Fixed size blockchain -> does NOT grow forever, can be capped at any size you like.
2. Secure 0-confirmation transactions thanks to withdrawal limits -> INSTANT transactions possible.
3. Auto-adjusting block size -> Theoretically unlimited transactions/s.

NO other coin out there claims to have this combination of features and stays true to the decentralized & open source philosophy of the original Bitcoin. If we take e.g. DASH. They do instant transactions but haven't solved the growing blockchain problem AND need to manage special "trusted" nodes to achieve this.

Please correct me if there is a coin that does it better - I haven't heard of it yet.

The only thing Crpytonite hasn't implemented yet is perfect privacy like e.g. Monero. But we have ideas for how to achieve that, too.

That's why I believe in it. If there's one coin that has the potential to become a real-world payment system, it's Cryptonite.
Granted, other coins are far ahead of us with respect to publicity & marketing but I believe that no matter the situation, in the long run the product with the most solid foundation will end up as the winner. No matter how good the marketing, if the technology is flawed, it will bring a project down sooner or later. Best example is Bitcoin itself. Set off as a replacement for world-wide currency, it is severely struggling to fulfill that role, despite its unbelieveable publicity and resources.
Thanks for sharing, listening to gnasirator's argument, let me know more about XCN from a technical point of view, also understand that the team and community people expect it, though it is inadvisable to buy XCN, but I chose to switch from speculative behavior to investment behavior
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Eddy-Thailand
When there is no risk, there will be a completely different situation and price.
But instead of risk, you want the opposite: you want the developer to convince you that there is no risk.
Either there is a risk and a low price, or there is no risk and then the price is high (in fact, there is still a risk)

Hence the core of what I was saying!

Thank you for clarifying that even further.

For the comment about WHY I got upset? I didn't get upset, just frustrated. Frustrated at those that come in ANY thread, let alone here, start banging their chests as if some finacials Gods and EXPECT people to 'convince' them why they should spend their money in here, or any coin project for that matter. The frustration spreads to other coins also, including the CWI-Coins we have. Who do these people think they are to do such things as we owe them an explanation and bow to our knees to beg them, and ultimately CONVINCE them that they should put their money into the network? There is WAY more than enough information to research, and if Eddie came here looking for answers, then as the right questions, not make demands like he is some fiscal God!

XCN, and other coins for that matter, do NOT need that sort of following, no matter how much money they have. This belittles the integrity of the coin, and the community behind it.

I for one will not stand for it, no matter who they think they are. As for the money, PFFFT! We could have done this MANY times over and disappeared making more money than Eddie is talking about, but we don't. None of us here do. PnD also? Come on! Eddie and his so called colleagues are gamblers, which is all good and well for what they do, but what he is talking about is something that can be done with ANY coin. So being 'upset' is not the point, standing up to someone that is a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing is. Standing up to someone that bangs his chest about how much money 'they' have and demand convincing as to why 'they' should spend their money in XCN and THEN pretend he was only asking a question to 'learn' is something I will not stand for.

That's all it is!

NO ONE can stop the PnD groups doing what they do until this regulated by the controlling governments of the countries, making PnD illegal like it is currently in the stock markets now. This is will not happen in Crypto, but I can assure you that this type person and personality is always detrimental to a coin and community, rather than an asset.

Always notice that ALL he talks about is price, and anything that needs to be 'learned' always reverts back to some fiscal agenda that he and his 'Thai people' have. learning about the tech? Not likely. Tech has nothing to do with price, nor does community help.

Now, back to work. The REAL work, unlike what Eddie is actually doing.

#crysx
Btw would someone barter-trade Slimcoins for Cryptonite?
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
Eddy-Thailand
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Gnasirator's post should be sticky.

This past week I needed to sync XCN from scratch on Ubuntu 17.10, I also needed to find a way to sync DRK from scratch on W10.

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

So make me a believer.

Make me a believer.

Why I must tell my Thai friends on bx, buy.

Or why I must tell myself, buy?

But never shoot the messenger of piano player.

In short: Cryptonite is the only truly scalable crypto currency out there.

Reasons:
1. Fixed size blockchain -> does NOT grow forever, can be capped at any size you like.
2. Secure 0-confirmation transactions thanks to withdrawal limits -> INSTANT transactions possible.
3. Auto-adjusting block size -> Theoretically unlimited transactions/s.

NO other coin out there claims to have this combination of features and stays true to the decentralized & open source philosophy of the original Bitcoin. If we take e.g. DASH. They do instant transactions but haven't solved the growing blockchain problem AND need to manage special "trusted" nodes to achieve this.

Please correct me if there is a coin that does it better - I haven't heard of it yet.

The only thing Crpytonite hasn't implemented yet is perfect privacy like e.g. Monero. But we have ideas for how to achieve that, too.

That's why I believe in it. If there's one coin that has the potential to become a real-world payment system, it's Cryptonite.
Granted, other coins are far ahead of us with respect to publicity & marketing but I believe that no matter the situation, in the long run the product with the most solid foundation will end up as the winner. No matter how good the marketing, if the technology is flawed, it will bring a project down sooner or later. Best example is Bitcoin itself. Set off as a replacement for world-wide currency, it is severely struggling to fulfill that role, despite its unbelieveable publicity and resources.
Activity: 140
Some strong points made here today.
I respect @crysx point of view and also @Eddy-Thailand point of view.
Unfortunately, bx closed his doors to foreign traders half a year ago. I used to trade there and i even communicated on chat (google translate, of course) many times, in thai language.
So, a question for @Eddy-Thailand: Why should any of us (devs, supporters, community, etc) be interested in a market where we have no way to enter and participate?

Used to trade @bx.in.th too, started when XRP was 2,000sats @cryptsy and 8,000 sats @bx.in.th, Cryptsy deposits were disabled btw, some things just never change  Wink

Another question regarding trading @bx.th for Eddy. Now they want me to scan my passport (ok), want to know my nationality (ok, it's there in the passport anyways) and an address in Thailand (which I don't have).

You all know what comes to my mind next (cough). Knowing there is a chance I need to visit Thailand at some point and after hearing some stories about prisons there I decided not to trade there.

Do they really need a real address or just "some address"?

i do not know.
replay from staff of bx was "resident in thailand". only way i've found is to declare myself "buddist student" but will take months, and i will need an 1 year visa.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Unfortunately, bx closed his doors to foreign traders half a year ago. I used to trade there and i even communicated on chat (google translate, of course) many times, in thai language.
So, a question for @Eddy-Thailand: Why should any of us (devs, supporters, community, etc) be interested in a market where we have no way to enter and participate?

Used to trade @bx.in.th too, started when XRP was 2,000sats @cryptsy and 8,000 sats @bx.in.th, Cryptsy deposits were disabled btw, some things just never change  Wink

Another question regarding trading @bx.th for Eddy. Now they want me to scan my passport (ok), want to know my nationality (ok, it's there in the passport anyways) and an address in Thailand (which I don't have).

You all know what comes to my mind next (cough). Knowing there is a chance I need to visit Thailand at some point and after hearing some stories about prisons there I decided not to trade there.

Do they really need a real address or just "some address"?

Activity: 140
Nobody controls open-source project.

Eh, people must learn - cryptocurrencies were created not for centralized development or product/service, but for a collective intelligence of people, who can/could make something better, with all people from the world make it even better.
Because of this you can fork any project you want and start your own network, with part of old community or with new community.

And now for what cryptos are used? Obviously Pump and dump, because it's unregulated market.
Obviously it wasn't a vision of early developers (or at least I hope it wasn't).

You are completely, 100% right.

Every exchange is a rape from the idea about bitcoin, and in some part, blockchain.

Selling a bitcoin for an euro or us dollar is raping the system.

I buy a meal in Thailand, and I wish to pay in Cryptonite. When my wife in Belgium need a meal, I wish to send Cryptonite, and she can buy her meal, paying in Cryptonite.

I hate it, a believer in blockchain, when i transfer to us Dollar or Euro, or Thai baht, or ringit

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

Eh, people must learn - cryptocurrencies were created not for centralized development or product/service, but for a collective intelligence of people, who can/could make something better, with all people from the world make it even better.
Because of this you can fork any project you want and start your own network, with part of old community or with new community.

And now for what cryptos are used? Obviously Pump and dump, because it's unregulated market.
Obviously it wasn't a vision of early developers (or at least I hope it wasn't).

You are completely, 100% right.

Every exchange is a rape from the idea about bitcoin, and in some part, blockchain.

Selling a bitcoin for an euro or us dollar is raping the system.

I buy a meal in Thailand, and I wish to pay in Cryptonite. When my wife in Belgium need a meal, I wish to send Cryptonite, and she can buy her meal, paying in Cryptonite.

I hate it, a believer in blockchain, when i transfer to us Dollar or Euro, or Thai baht, or ringit

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist

So make me a believer.

I don't know why chrysophylax got upset, I think you don't deserve that because you asked in a polite manner.

I'm not a developer of this coin (well, I tried to fix a recent bug but I terribly failed, it seems Wink ). I'm not even a heavy investor (partly because of the exchange problems). But I am a "believer".

At least, I think Cryptonite has to offer something unique.

If you look at Bitcoin, then you will notice that there is a lot of congestion in the blockchain. Transaction fees are very high, but that isn't the real problem:  The real problem is that there's simply no space for more than 7-10 transactions per second, in the best case if Segwit is used by the entire Bitcoin user community.

Cryptonite is one of the few coins that have a real solution for that: the mini-blockchain scheme. Full Nodes must only sync the blocks of the last week or so. That makes it much less problematic to offer bigger blocks. The only other coin that has a similar solution is Ardor and it's a top-30 coin and much newer.

So I think XCN is the "better Bitcoin Cash". (Look where BCash is, in terms of price.)

There may be alternatives to this scaling way, like LN. But I have read a lot about LN and the mini-blockchain solution has some advantages. In particular, it keeps the totally trustless transaction model, while LN is only "almost trustless".

PS: I plan to engage in marketing for XCN in the near future. But for now, I'm busy with a feature in Slimcoin (the feature is a simple, easy-to-use decentralized web) - another coin I fully support because of its innovative approach. Once the feature is usable and stable I'll do more for communication for both coins Wink

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I respect all the opinions but let me say a couple things.
I don't come here to fight with words or anything like that.
I also don't assume people will like what I do.
But there are ways and ways to say things, if you know what I mean.

Read this,

This is so kafka,

Oh my goth, but I like it,

With a push on a button, i can invest thousands, millions, in the product,

but, the owners tell me, you are an idiot,

Homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto

Maybe you think you have control about your project, but understand there are people, working before you, who wish to kill it.

Pages:
Jump to: