Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 75. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I would like to start experimenting with new difficulty retarget algorithms. Do you have any preference? Classic choice is DGW3 but we are free to try anything, even something new. I have some ideas for a custom algo. Might also be good for marketing.

What is the retarget algo of cryptonite and why do you want to change it?
I prefer Kimoto Gravity Well, because I like coins with the retarget on every block. I don't like the calculation of diff on every x blocks because someone might use a lot of hash power and leave the diff at a hight level.

Cryptonite diff retarget is already on every block and of course we will only consider such algos for the future.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I would like to start experimenting with new difficulty retarget algorithms. Do you have any preference? Classic choice is DGW3 but we are free to try anything, even something new. I have some ideas for a custom algo. Might also be good for marketing.

Have you looked at BCH? They had pretty wild network hashrate fluctuations too. No idea if it is a good solution but worth a look at least.

More info here:

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/november

Yes I already had a look at that algo, it's a modified zawy v1b IIRC. It is a very good alternative.
Activity: 297
Merit: 102

What is the retarget algo of cryptonite and why do you want to change it?
I prefer Kimoto Gravity Well, because I like coins with the retarget on every block. I don't like the calculation of diff on every x blocks because someone might use a lot of hash power and leave the diff at a hight level.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Have you looked at BCH? They had pretty wild network hashrate fluctuations too. No idea if it is a good solution but worth a look at least.

More info here:

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/november
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
Bitcore has good difficulty retarget algo lowering nicehash threat.
People using the web wallet please retrieve your funds as the guy maintaining the service is going to close it soon.
I think it is better to move service somewhere.
Otherwise later you can get very angry people who were on vacations, or elsewhere and lost their coins.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
legendary
Black Belt Developer
People using the web wallet please retrieve your funds as the guy maintaining the service is going to close it soon.
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
by the way, mini-blockchain is a great solution for smartphone, as they say in Russian proverb - sawing Shura, sawing Grin

Absolutely agree Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
by the way, mini-blockchain is a great solution for smartphone, as they say in Russian proverb - sawing Shura, sawing Grin
legendary
Black Belt Developer
New blockchain snapshot:

https://mega.nz/#!JQh3GZRI!L-ddahsC8xs64cmToyjXiDwT_vex85DNl36EJVdXuJs
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Trying to install the Linux wallet. Unfortunately, I run into a compilation error.
Code:
In file included from chainparams.h:9:0,
                 from protocol.h:13,
                 from addrman.h:9,
                 from addrman.cpp:5:
bignum.h:56:24: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘BIGNUM {aka struct bignum_st}’
 class CBigNum : public BIGNUM
                        ^~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/crypto.h:31:0,
                 from allocators.h:15,
                 from serialize.h:9,
                 from netbase.h:13,
                 from addrman.h:8,
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:80:16: note: forward declaration of ‘BIGNUM {aka struct bignum_st}’
 typedef struct bignum_st BIGNUM;
                ^~~~~~~~~
bignum.h: In constructor ‘CBigNum::CBigNum()’:
bignum.h:61:21: error: ‘BN_init’ was not declared in this scope
         BN_init(this);
(and it continues a lot more ...)

I googled the error message and the issue seems to be well-known with various cryptocurrency wallets - it is an incompatibility with OpenSSL 1.1+ (see here, for example, for Steem). I also found a Cryptonite pastebin with the same error.

It has already been fixed in Bitcoin, the Steem folks say it's this commit: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/b58be132c994b6f9b25cb4a702186ef96104953f

The only workaround I found would be to downgrade to OpenSSL 1.0  - does somebody know another solution?

Thanks, I will try to incorporate that patch into cryptonite, it should be a no brainer.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Trying to install the Linux wallet. Unfortunately, I run into a compilation error.
Code:
bignum.h:56:24: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘BIGNUM {aka struct bignum_st}’
 class CBigNum : public BIGNUM
                        ^~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/crypto.h:31:0,
                 from allocators.h:15,
                 from serialize.h:9,
                 from netbase.h:13,
                 from addrman.h:8,
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:80:16: note: forward declaration of ‘BIGNUM {aka struct bignum_st}’
 typedef struct bignum_st BIGNUM;
                ^~~~~~~~~
bignum.h: In constructor ‘CBigNum::CBigNum()’:
bignum.h:61:21: error: ‘BN_init’ was not declared in this scope
         BN_init(this);
(and it continues a lot more ...)

I googled the error message and the issue seems to be well-known with various cryptocurrency wallets - it is an incompatibility with OpenSSL 1.1+ (see here, for example, for Steem). I also found a Cryptonite pastebin with the same error.

It has already been fixed in Bitcoin, the Steem folks say it's this commit: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/b58be132c994b6f9b25cb4a702186ef96104953f

The only workaround I found would be to downgrade to OpenSSL 1.0  - does somebody know another solution?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Here sometimes they write about problems with the wallet.
Do they really exist?
I bought coins several times on Nova, they came in successfully and very quickly  Smiley

Once we had sync issues, but now I believe it is pretty stable. If someone is still having problems, please post the details.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
Here sometimes they write about problems with the wallet.
Do they really exist?
I bought coins several times on Nova, they came in successfully and very quickly  Smiley
Why do talking constantly to obtain the wallet to find subsequent prevent, this is actually the 3rd day and also the pocket book is not ready, this is one of the cause I get free from Antshares project at first since it is really frustrating to use their wallet and now almost thesame issue

Sorry I couldn't get what you mean. Could you please explain again? What is frustrating you?

Looks like ai generated text... Maybe a translator?
It's just another bot account to get airdrops

wtf, I had no idea that's a thing now ...
Why do talking constantly to obtain the wallet to find subsequent prevent, this is actually the 3rd day and also the pocket book is not ready, this is one of the cause I get free from Antshares project at first since it is really frustrating to use their wallet and now almost thesame issue

Sorry I couldn't get what you mean. Could you please explain again? What is frustrating you?

It's just another bot account to get airdrops
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Thanks for your fast answer, pallas!

So technically Cryptonite is working well, I assume. In this case, I'll try it out these days, I'm eager to see the "mini-blockchain" working ...
Exchange delistings are temporary problems, so if the coin's "basic concept/USP" is solid, that doesn't matter for me, "its time will come".

The other small altcoin I support, Slimcoin, is actually in a very similar situation (only trading on Novaexchange, but it's closing ...) and it's still alive and kickin'.

I'm not saying we didn't have any trouble thru our history, but we are still alive as you can see, after almost 4 years ;-)
The coin is still fast and its innovative concepts working as expected.
It is a coin worth keeping alive for its technology and for historical reasons, but I can tell you we had huge trading volume at times, so no reason it can't be used as a currency.
Not only a tech exercise, then :-)
We have plans for it...
Pages:
Jump to: