Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread - page 5. (Read 1276304 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0
So what are the other options for creating a token? Counterparty was on BC so most secure. SLP is on BCH so technology a little improved. Things like Obyte are great but harder to implement on. What else is out there that can easily create a token (not ETH) that still has developers?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
Selling XCP.

If you put a fair ask on the Counterparty DEX (up to 0.000075 BTC) I will buy up to 0.01 BTC worth of XCP from you. It will also act as a test experiment to confirm the XCP/BTC trade pair still functions. I would put a Buy order up but I fear it would just sit there until expiry, unfilled, thus negating the point of paying a tx fee to create the order.
Activity: 910
Merit: 14
Everyone join Blurt.blog & Steemit.com
I will be teaching lots of people how to use it soon.
legendary
Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
I see that https://wallet.counterwallet.io/ is working again.
I was looking where XCP can be traded and marketcap gave me only one Japanese exchange.
What is the problem with this great coin?
1 It is an asset on de Bitcoin blockchain
2 Users can create new assets

For who is interested check: https://wallet.energywallet.eu/
Counterparty was an inspiration to create this on to of the Energycoin blockchain.
The only difference is that XEP was never distributed but the intention was to provide energy communities tokens that they can exchange on the platform for other energy communities tokens or fiat-based assets.
But I never found skilled people who are able to build the ecosystem.
Activity: 186
Merit: 120
post history is my own and doesn't represent other
Is counterparty dead? I just found out I have some lying around lol.

Selling XCP.

I would encourage you two to set up a dispenser.

is PhantomPhreak...
any other Counterparty developers still active

The original foundation disbanded over two years ago.
The last remaining dev did a major overhaul recently as mentioned in my hyperlinked comment above... there are many things going on in this community that are not on the surface level, let alone being talked about or marketed. 
CIP 22 got funded, coded, tested and implemented, thanks to those involved: Monacoin community, Jdog, and Villar.

there are changes that have been in the works for the last year or so. PMs open if you are interested in getting involved
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Is counterparty dead? I just found out I have some lying around lol.

Did you guys know about this exchange? https://dex.raizer.cc/btc/markets I found it from a japanese twitter account: https://twitter.com/matsukabu

Do you think it's legit?
Activity: 326
Merit: 101
In the words of xchain.io website:
I want to make a Token on Counterparty, so what is the best way to do that?

Tokenista, the explorer is not functioning because the whole system is undergoing massive upgrade which is nearly complete. After this time it will be possible to create a token using multiple different methods.

There's still no more better way to create a secure, immutable token than on Counterparty, is my opinion. I would recommend to Tokenista just creating tokens through the Counterwallet (after the update has concluded, of course).

Why create a token on Counterparty? It is backed by the most secure blockchain on the planet. The security of Counterparty tokens are insured by the equivalent of the crypto Lloyds of London. Newer, token-centric blockchains come and go but Bitcoin ain't going anywhere for a long, long time.

I plan on making at least one and showing other people how too.

Tokenista, the explorer is not functioning because the whole system is undergoing massive upgrade which is nearly complete. After this time it will be possible to create a token using multiple different methods.

Awesome.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

is PhantomPhreak
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/phantomphreak-191173
or
any other Counterparty developers still active in doing anything with Counterparty or are they in another project active (or nothing)?

Activity: 14
Merit: 5
Counterparty developers should start to do something innovative again, it seems they are sleeping in their laurels while in reality this project is just steps away from its obituary, with only one nearly impossible to sign up Japanese exchange with 50 ¢ volume a day. Pepecash was one of the main reasons XCP was sought after and the Counterparty exchange its still pretty decent but like XCP, the awesome Pepecash is also forgotten by the devs who bought their yachts and left its believers to scramble for a life vest.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986

There's still no more better way to create a secure, immutable token than on Counterparty, is my opinion. I would recommend to Tokenista just creating tokens through the Counterwallet (after the update has concluded, of course).

Why create a token on Counterparty? It is backed by the most secure blockchain on the planet. The security of Counterparty tokens are insured by the equivalent of the crypto Lloyds of London. Newer, token-centric blockchains come and go but Bitcoin ain't going anywhere for a long, long time.

I downloaded Indie Wallet for Android, but it seems like nothing works in the Discover Tab.

What is the best way to do that on a Cell phone?
CIP 22 got funded, coded, tested and implemented, thanks to those involved: Monacoin community, Jdog, and Villar.

The main server is currently undergoing "full parse," which will last a few more days, most likely.

After this time it will be ideal to host your own node, if interested, right ffmad?
legendary
Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Does counterparty's web wallet work anymore? I tried to move some assets out of the wallet and I get no history and no results....
The same here.

Activity: 159
Merit: 4
XCP will became the new bitcoin, I know personally the team and they are the best in this field! proud to be an investor

I like your confidence, but the new Bitcoin, really .. How can XCP even exist without the old Bitcoin?

IMO the real Bitcoin is Bitcoin cash, and I still don't know what's happening there, is anyone trying to fork counterpart to work with Bitcoin cash?

You, sir, are a brain-dead sheep that has been duped into thinking such fallacies. I hope you're joking.

The exact opposite, I did my own research and came to my own conclusion, I don't have a crystal ball but I have read the Satoshi whitepaper and it's quite obvious which version of Bitcoin is closer to the original vision. I own equal amounts of both so it makes no difference to me financially but I won't be surprised to see miners jump ship eventually and move hash to Bitcoin cash enough to make it the chain with the most accumulated PoW since the 2009 genesis block one day.

You are splitting into two again.. first you split into two with BSV, now you are splitting into two again..it is obvious that the ego's that run these coins all want to be the chief.. Who on earth is going to put serious money into blockchains that are run by egotistical megalamaiacs ie Roger Ver, Craig Wright, and now another one who wants to run the show... BTC is the only one to be taken seriously.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004
Does counterparty's web wallet work anymore? I tried to move some assets out of the wallet and I get no history and no results....
Activity: 326
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Bitcoin will never die.. ETH might..
ETH is also not immutable and nowhere near as secure long term.. Among many other things..

If one was serious about wanting tokens on a blockchain they would be using Bitcoin and not ETH imo..
If your most important aspect to you is transaction fees, then your project is not very serious or valuable..

Real estate deeds in a blockchain? Bitcoin.. shares of a trust or company that are worth more than a couple cents.. BTC..

I wouldn’t trust the ETH blockchain long term, like 10-20 years, like I would Bitcoin..
Pages:
Jump to: