Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XMR] monero.crypto-pool.fr | Large Monero Mining Pool - page 30. (Read 126280 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Anyone know what on earth is going on with the pool? The network pool hash rate is 3.5 MH/sec where it normally sits over 6 MH/s.
Normally my hash rate is around 17 KH/s where its now sitting on 12 KH/s. Whats going on?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
anyone else having problems connecting to the pool?

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║            Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner  v3.3 Beta            ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
64-bit version
CPU supports AES-NI - faster mining!
Logical CPU cores: 8
Using 5 threads
scfg: 1
FAST MODE ENABLED!
2 pools specified.
Stratum - connecting to 'xmr.crypto-pool.fr' <212.129.46.59> port 7777
Stratum - Cannot connect  to xmr.crypto-pool.fr port 7777
DevFee: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
Stratum - connecting to '127.0.0.1' <127.0.0.1> port 5555
Stratum - Connected
Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I cannot connect to xmr.hashinvest.net either. Normally that would make me say it's me of course, but I can connect and submit shares at mine.moneropool.org

HashInvest website is down as well, coincidence? it couldn't be related, could it?  Sad

We thought about it long ago but we didn't do it because it is a big risk.
It means that the server will hold a LOT of money. Any place with money become the target of hackers.
Right now we pay every hours so there is not enough money to be worth attacking the wallet.

Do you guys want to take the risk ?

I know I personally would as having to create / manage all these wallets are a pain.
Activity: 462
Can we increase the minimum threshold payment its starting to be expensive all these small payment with .1 fees!
We pay the 0.1 XMR fee from the pool to your wallet.
As a pool, we can pay over 100 people in one transaction with the same 0.1 fee.
If you are worried about sending from your wallet to the exchange, you can wait to have more XMR on your wallet or simply wait for the devs to lower the fees.
Are there any plans to allow direct payments to exchanges like Poloniex?

It means that the server will hold a LOT of money. Any place with money become the target of hackers.
Right now we pay every hours so there is not enough money to be worth attacking the wallet.

Payment every 3 hours is good.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
Can we increase the minimum threshold payment its starting to be expensive all these small payment with .1 fees!
If you are worried about sending from your wallet to the exchange, you can wait to have more XMR on your wallet or simply wait for the devs to lower the fees.

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

thanks thats fine with me
legendary

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
Efficiency off pool off last day ( 30 Hour )
Efficiency: 107.34% pour 386 Blocks

All is ready for continue Smiley

legendary
According to block datas, monero.crypto-pool.fr is not stuck on the fork (block 202976)
The monero block explorer is stuck on the fork : http://monerochain.info/ (block 202648)
EDIT : Don't pay attention to the orphaned block from the block page (http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/#pool_blocks). The block page take informations from the monero block explorer but this explorer is on the wrong fork. Our blocks are not orphaned.
You can safely keep mining. The payments will resume soon.
OK, understood.
I guess the pending balance it's not updating because the pool is holding payments as a precaution, just in case there is another fork or some other problem, right? (i'm not complaining, just curious)

We are waiting for Poloniex to resume trading.
We want to be sure we are all on the same chain.

It is no use to resume payment if there are no active trading.

EDIT : I am asking Poloniex to resume trading on the chat.

EDIT2 :
from IRC #monero-dev
[14:16:16] are we garanted that there will be no rollback ?
[14:16:26] can the pool operators resume payment ?
[14:17:03] superresistant: yes - one 70kb bad block doesn't mess the entire chain up irrevocably
[14:17:08] and we're way past it anyway

We are resuming.

EDIT3:
Payment resumed.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
According to block datas, monero.crypto-pool.fr is not stuck on the fork (block 202976)

The monero block explorer is stuck on the fork : http://monerochain.info/ (block 202648)

EDIT : Don't pay attention to the orphaned block from the block page (http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/#pool_blocks). The block page take informations from the monero block explorer but this explorer is on the wrong fork. Our blocks are not orphaned.
You can safely keep mining. The payments will resume soon.

OK, understood.

I guess the pending balance it's not updating because the pool is holding payments as a precaution, just in case there is another fork or some other problem, right? (i'm not complaining, just curious)
legendary
Activity: 8
Hi. Pending balance it's stuck. ¿will we ever see the coins we are mining today? ¿should we stop mining asap? (at least until monero devs fix their code)
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
Techone,

Send me your address for look on log off pool .
If you are sure all share is valid is not possible you have 20% less .

You can 20% less and 5 minute after 20% more not 20% all time.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^You could try the result of -l MxN option with different M and N. Here are some hints in a previous post of mine:

Strange result.
[2014-06-26 15:30:13] Using JSON-RPC 2.0
[2014-06-26 15:30:13] 1 miner threads started, using 'cryptonight' algorithm.
[2014-06-26 15:30:13] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://mro.extremehash.com:7777
[2014-06-26 15:30:13] GPU #0: GeForce GTX 285, using 40 blocks of 8 threads
[2014-06-26 15:30:13] GPU #0: GeForce GTX 285, 12200.23 H/s
[2014-06-26 15:30:14] Pool set diff to 5000
[2014-06-26 15:30:14] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-26 15:30:14] GPU #0: GeForce GTX 285, 2845422.95 H/s
[2014-06-26 15:30:37] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-26 15:30:37] GPU #0: GeForce GTX 285, 3259881.74 H/s
[2014-06-26 15:31:22] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-26 15:31:22] GPU #0: GeForce GTX 285, 3474958.52 H/s

Compute 1.3 definitely won't work...

It's making windows to think the driver crashed because it's taking long enough without returning a result (windows default is 2 seconds for the GPU) and that's why windows restarts the driver and ccminer won't work and show you impossible hash rate. I made the timeout 40 seconds on my machine (tried with 10 first - it worked for some time, but then it crashed again). This made my laptop second nvidea card to start happily mining with about 22 H/s. Don't do this if you don't have a second video card, because your PC will become completely unusable while mining (if you are cpu mining on the same machine run the cpu miner before running the gpu miner, because otherwise it'll become difficult for you to even start the cpu miner). Here is a link to a .reg file, which will set the timeout to 40 seconds - just double click it and it'll add the setting to the registry (it'll ask you if you are sure). Then you should restart your windows and ccminer should work after the restart. If you find it useful don't forget to tip me Smiley https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci8b3h7oxtvd6dq/TdrDelaySetTo40.reg

Thank you for this. Going with the same OC on my 780 Ti I applied this and now I'm getting 350-360 using 6x120. I can play with the numbers a bit without crashing now. The best I've been able to do is 6x120 with higher hashrates. There is definitely a sweet spot you have to find. Hey it's better than what my i5 was doing for sure now.
There is something more to be done about the -l MxN.
About the first number M:
"First of all, your thread block size should always be a multiple of 32, because kernels issue instructions in warps (32 threads). For example, if you have a block size of 50 threads, the GPU will still issue commands to 64 threads and you'd just be wasting them."
About the second number N:
You could find it by gradually increasing it until your card stop working (showing impossible hash rate 3474958.52 H/s) and then restart is needed for maximum performance (but not for testing), because without restart my hash rate is felling 2x compared to the same options before the crash.

The "magical numbers" for 650M seems to be -l 128x5

XMR tip: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Thank you!
Activity: 21
As far as I can tell the ccminer does validate (checking if the result can be considered good) the share before submitting.

CCminer shows "yayy!" or "boo!". If I enter wrong settings or overclock hard the miner shows "result does not validate on CPU" or something like that, so I assume I submit only valid shares. Most of them should also reach the pool, because I got several AMD based cards running on your pool too and the hasrate and payout fits just perfect. (at the same location and connection)

On ccminer however there is always a 20% cut in hashrate displayed and payment received.

I watched some posts from tsiv here. Tsiv, if you read this, maybe you have further help or ideas where to look.
Or anyone else using tsivs miner, since it is the only one for monero and Nvidia cards right now.
legendary
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum and pool, so first: HI to everyone!
I started mining a few days ago on crypto-pool.fr and I works like a charm.
However, I got a slight problem with my hashrate.
My miners show ~ 21kh/s combined with TSIVs Nvidia ccminer for monero. I use the Nvidia GTX 750 Ti cards, 6 per board, 1650 H/s total per miner.
But the pool only shows ~ 15 kh/s, daily payment is also adding up to 15 kh worth of hashrate.
Does anyone else got this problem with tsiv´s ccminer? I tried several precompiled windows binaries, directly from Tsiv´s Github account. There is around 20% difference between the hashrate shown by the miner and the one shown by the pool.
There are no rejected shares shown at the miner, all accepted. Can anyone help?

There are 3 mains reasons :

- The hashrate displayed on the pool is only an estimate and vary.
 - The hashrate displayed on the miner software is also an estimate and is calculated differently on every miner software.
 - The pool only take count of the accepted-shares to calculate the hashrate BUT the miner count the bad-shares / stale-shares.

The pool only see what you successfully send and dismiss the bad-shares. The miner, don't know if a share is going to reach the pool or not, neither it knows if the share will turn into a bad-share / stale-share.

You should not worry about the hashrate. Ask other miners what are the best miner software and the best settings.
Compare how much XMR you get per 24h depending on software and settings.

Be careful about overclocking ! It greatly increase the bad-shares ratio and reduce your gain.
Activity: 21
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and pool, so first: HI to everyone!

I started mining a few days ago on crypto-pool.fr and I works like a charm.
However, I got a slight problem with my hashrate.

My miners show ~ 21kh/s combined with TSIVs Nvidia ccminer for monero. I use the Nvidia GTX 750 Ti cards, 6 per board, 1650 H/s total per miner.
But the pool only shows ~ 15 kh/s, daily payment is also adding up to 15 kh worth of hashrate.

Does anyone else got this problem with tsiv´s ccminer? I tried several precompiled windows binaries, directly from Tsiv´s Github account. There is around 20% difference between the hashrate shown by the miner and the one shown by the pool.

There are no rejected shares shown at the miner, all accepted. Can anyone help?
Pages:
Jump to: