Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 110. (Read 775153 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 13
ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY
Is that the XRB are change the name to Nano in the Binance , why they change the name? I think I have missing some about it now.

You are lucky person who missed to see that things otherwise you have chance to lose your balance on Bitgrail. Which is huge lose and all this happen due to a terrible bug in code so many people crying because of this stupid job.

There was no bug in the nano code. The bug was due to the bomber misleading everyone that he was running a legit working exchange. You got taken by an exchange, and it isn't the first time exchanges try to pass their corruption/incompetence off as fault of the coin. Remember when mtgox tried to pin their crash on "malleability". Everyone now knows that was a huge lie, but suckers who leave coins on an exchange buy these lies because they can't handle the truth that they shouldn't have put their money in the hands of exchange operators.

Next time don't be lazy and set up your own wallet. There were and are plenty of options.

true words. Is there any plan on Hardware wallet integration?
Activity: 56
Merit: 4
Merit: 11
Nano on BBC Panorama Documentary

Headphones.com Started Accepting Nano A Month Ago. Here's what we've learned

https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/7x3qr1/headphonescom_started_accepting_nano_a_month_ago/

Great!!!
NANO is a great project and deserves that people use it more and more.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
It's a hard lesson to be learned especially is you lost a lot of $NANO, I really feel for you. Never trust an exchange. I withdrew everything within a week or two of buying all my coins. Unless your'e trading, best bet is to just take them off the exchange and place them in a "safer" place like your local wallet.
Activity: 354
Merit: 252
Is that the XRB are change the name to Nano in the Binance , why they change the name? I think I have missing some about it now.

You are lucky person who missed to see that things otherwise you have chance to lose your balance on Bitgrail. Which is huge lose and all this happen due to a terrible bug in code so many people crying because of this stupid job.

There was no bug in the nano code. The bug was due to the bomber misleading everyone that he was running a legit working exchange. You got taken by an exchange, and it isn't the first time exchanges try to pass their corruption/incompetence off as fault of the coin. Remember when mtgox tried to pin their crash on "malleability". Everyone now knows that was a huge lie, but suckers who leave coins on an exchange buy these lies because they can't handle the truth that they shouldn't have put their money in the hands of exchange operators.

Next time don't be lazy and set up your own wallet. There were and are plenty of options.
Activity: 231
Merit: 16
Legit Project.. Have a good potential and strong development team.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Anyway, good or bad publicity for Nano is good in the end. I'm sorry for those who lost their NANO in Bitgrave. But the signs are there last year. Even last year's FUD about Poloniex, you are warranted to remove all your coins from there.

Never store your wealth with third-parties is time-old crypto advice. Learn to use wallets.

Than where to trade if any exchange suddenly stopped all services and disable the withdraw. I didn't understand what is your advise and what you want to say there this not a solution and we can't make the growth process healthier. We need secure exchange but Bitgrail is dedicated to XRB that is nonprofessional what happened there.

I do understand your frustration but what @scumbust is saying may not be the complete solution for the current problem but it is a good advice though and it can really help avoid problems like this in the future, it's always best not to store a huge amount of money on an exchange and bitgrail as much as we don't want to accept it is a very shady exchange to begin with but because it's one of raiblock's fist exchanges and it was the exchange that works best before, we were blinded by it and avoided the warning signs that was all over the place. We do really need a secure exchange and lucky for us there's kucoin and binance that really has the security that we all deserve. I really hope that the devs will just freeze all the suspicious wallets that have been reported, in that way no stolen coins will be traded in any exchange. I think that will really help us move on from this and also as what you stated make the growth process much healthier.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Flash is having a small airdrop for those who were affected by the Bitgrail hack.  Don't know much about that token but worth looking into.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlashCoins/comments/7x1g0v/flash_to_former_nano_bitgrail_holdersa_gift_for/
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
You all have point here that Nano got attention because of that unpleasant incident and refusal of developers to hard fork the wallet. This is what I got from different comments on different means of information these days. Nano will recover very soon and people will not even remember anymore about this incident. It was best buy chance which surely was availed by some people.
Merit: 13
ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY
I didn't sell any of the coin because it of the nature of the event. But still will expect from the core to audit the code to make sure there is no vulnerability in remaining code anymore. This was shocking the way this flaw left on the withdraw side to validate the amount. This project came out as good alternative of many coins and it should be strong enough to avoid such incidents in future.

Correct yourself, this was a problem with Bitgrail's bad code, not Nano.
Yes, exactly.  People shouldn't be confused, the exchange had issue and the coin itself is the same as always.  It was not hacked.

that is something which many people won´t get right. But i think the rebranding came at the best time.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
Anyway, good or bad publicity for Nano is good in the end. I'm sorry for those who lost their NANO in Bitgrave. But the signs are there last year. Even last year's FUD about Poloniex, you are warranted to remove all your coins from there.

Never store your wealth with third-parties is time-old crypto advice. Learn to use wallets.

Than where to trade if any exchange suddenly stopped all services and disable the withdraw. I didn't understand what is your advise and what you want to say there this not a solution and we can't make the growth process healthier. We need secure exchange but Bitgrail is dedicated to XRB that is nonprofessional what happened there.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

Activity: 130
Merit: 145
I didn't sell any of the coin because it of the nature of the event. But still will expect from the core to audit the code to make sure there is no vulnerability in remaining code anymore. This was shocking the way this flaw left on the withdraw side to validate the amount. This project came out as good alternative of many coins and it should be strong enough to avoid such incidents in future.

Yes, exactly.  People shouldn't be confused, the exchange had issue and the coin itself is the same as always.  It was not hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Yes, it's a passing problem ... in a while it will be completely forgotten.
Probably the past few days were a great time to buy. Even now.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
I found this accurate analysis, it is very interesting.
I hope you find it useful.

https://www.docdroid.net/hqjlyHg/black-block-research-nano-intelligence-report-feb-11-2018.pdf
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

Jump to: