Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 336. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Activity: 280
I would like to suggest adding an option for minimizing the wallet application to system tray (bottom-right corner).
Activity: 173
I still don't understand what this coin is for. I don't understand the point of solving captchas, seems arbitrary.

keep click the captchas and unstill you list on top 10 then you will get xrb
Hi everyone. Previously, I let someone else to handle my RaiBlocks transactions for me. But that person has stopped his service recently so I have to handle everything by myself from now on.

The first thing I need to do is getting a RaiBlocks wallet. I don't know much about RaiBlocks wallets. I only know that there are official wallet and third party wallets. And I don't know the pros and cons of each wallet at the moment so I would appreciate if experienced people could share some opinions.

So aside from owning the key or not, what are the pros and cons of each RaiBlocks wallet?

Well I've only use two wallets and that's the official raiblock wallet and the raiwalletbot on telegram based on my experience here's what I think:

Raiwalletbot

Pros:
Very easy to use can be use in both mobile phone and a pc
Fast transaction (it takes less than a minute)

Cons:
Has 1 mrai fee when you send mrai to a certain address
Requires a mobile phone and number for verification
You don't own keys of if you happen to lose your phone it will be hard for you to retrieve your coins
And if the bot has a problem there will be a delay in your transactions

Official Raiblock Wallet

Pros:
You own keys so you have full control of your coins
No transaction fees
No need to verify using a mobile phone number

Cons:
It takes a lot of time to seed your wallet sometimes it takes days
More complicated than the raiwallet bot
You can encounter lots of seeding problems

Verdict: If you are a newbie then I suggest you use the raiwallet bot on telegram it's easy to use and transactions are very fast you can receive your coins within seconds but if you want to have a full control of your coins then use the official wallet but I don't recommend it though it takes so much time to receive the coins.

Thank you very much! I ended up choosing the official wallet. I watched a helpful tutorial video about how to use the official wallet so I guess it would not be a problem for me to use the official wallet.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Great having a newsletter. Keeps everyone updated on what's going on in just one reading if you're too lazy to backread the forum posts.
Activity: 364
spattered throughout the golden ethers
RaiBlocks Newsletter 6th August 2017 (Issue: 2)

Welcome to the second issue of the RaiBlocks Newsletter which is published every 2 weeks and aims to summarise developments in the raiblocks cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Core Wallet/Node Development
Since the last newsletter there has been a lot of work on the core wallet/nodes, there have been 26 commits including work to reduce the IO load of the nodes, additional RPC commands, updates to the submodules including an big update to the latest Beast git, and a lot of work on improving syncing. Code as been from 3 contributors with 1018 line additions and 16343 line deletions. For more details see https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks
One of the contributing factors to the slow sync reports is that there are people running old versions of wallets/nodes, please upgrade to the latest release as this will help support the network. In the future old wallets/nodes will not be supported and are likely to be forced off the network.

Third Party Services
 - RaiWalletBot achievement: 50,000 users, 75,000 xrb accounts
 - YapRai Wallet has now over 3500 users
 - BlockFevr (https://blockfevr.com/game/dice/XRB) has 600+ users, 131000 bets, in total 91000xrb has been bet, biggest profit was 900xrb for an 80xrb deposit - the team are now working on version 2
 - RaiGames (https://raigames.io/) has 7700+ users, 25000000xrb have been wagered and someone won a jackpot of 55518xrb

User Interview
icarusglider (@icarusglider on slack, @icarusglider on twitter)
1)How did you find out about RaiBlocks?
I found XRB in June of this year while looking for worthwhile projects to become involved with and invest in. This was during peak ICO hype and someone compared it to IOTA at a lower market cap. I investigated and was hooked- it reminded me of when I found bitcoin in 2010 on Slashdot, early and rough around the edges but promising!

2) How have you used RaiBlocks?
I've been using RaiBlocks primarily as an investment and have been buying and trading it since I found it. I'm a fan of bustabit so of course I've played some rounds at raigames.io Wink

3) How can we make RaiBlocks more accessible?
Right now, the main barrier to mass adoption is ease of use. As the wallet reaches maturity and these issues are ironed out, adoption into other exchanges will certainly help with exposure to the public and it can really start growing. I'm fascinated by Colin's idea for using RaiBlocks as a micro transaction platform to support sites, allowing you to send small amount when browsing in order to avoid seeing ads on sites. Further, I am actively working on my own understanding of the protocol and code to develop a mobile wallet for Android and IOS.

Scam Alert
Please be aware that a scam ‘light online wallet’ has been published called myraiwallet.com (this is different to raiwallet.com) - please be cautious as it asks for your wallet seed, by handing this over you also hand over control of your wallet.

Dev Profile
MikeRow (@mikerow on slack)
1) What Projects Do You Work On?
I'm actually mostly keeping faucet running, with the cooperation of Timothy. It consists on keep your eye on distribution payout several hours per days. When updates are available I usually update my easyraikit scripts on GitHub.

2) When did you get involved with RaiBlocks?
I knew XRB as investment more than 1 year ago. After some troubles I decided to run a new website which was then used as "official" website and faucet.

3) Where do you see RaiBlocks in 5 years time?
With a good core team, useful tools (lightwallets for every device) and a bit of adoption by services as payment option, I see it very very fine.

4) If someone wanted to help RaiBlocks whats the best way they can?
I suggest to fill the lacks we are having in terms of tools, talk about it or help the devs core with commits. Some interesting devs joined and I hope good things will come out next months.

Technical Analysis of a Feature
What is PoW?
All cryptocurrencies are at risk of spam transactions where someone sends a large number of small transactions which clog up the network. As RaiBlocks has no fees and is fast it would be particularly at risk to spam attacks and so every transaction requires Proof of Work, a small calculation is performed to send or receive a transaction. Therefore if you try to send lots of transactions it will take up CPU time. This works well but does provide a challenge to bigger services such as exchanges or online wallets - this can be overcome with more cpu power, using a GPU for accelerated calculations or in the future off loading the work to another service.

Next Newsletter
If anyone would like to review a 3rd party service then please get in touch, will be happy to donate some xrb for your time (depending on the quality of the review!). Also if you have a service you want included or just wanted to get involved please contact me @jaycox on slack.

Very nice growth-- what are the plans to expand the exchange access? I think most people prefer using other services outside of Mercatox to purchase $XRB.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM

Nice to see these newletters, keep up the good work. Raiblocks is probably the most undervalued project in crypto atm.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Welcome to the second issue of the RaiBlocks Newsletter which is published every 2 weeks and aims to summarise developments in the raiblocks cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Core Wallet/Node Development
Since the last newsletter there has been a lot of work on the core wallet/nodes, there have been 26 commits including work to reduce the IO load of the nodes, additional RPC commands, updates to the submodules including an big update to the latest Beast git, and a lot of work on improving syncing. Code as been from 3 contributors with 1018 line additions and 16343 line deletions. For more details see https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks
One of the contributing factors to the slow sync reports is that there are people running old versions of wallets/nodes, please upgrade to the latest release as this will help support the network. In the future old wallets/nodes will not be supported and are likely to be forced off the network.

Third Party Services
 - RaiWalletBot achievement: 50,000 users, 75,000 xrb accounts
 - YapRai Wallet has now over 3500 users
 - BlockFevr (https://blockfevr.com/game/dice/XRB) has 600+ users, 131000 bets, in total 91000xrb has been bet, biggest profit was 900xrb for an 80xrb deposit - the team are now working on version 2
 - RaiGames (https://raigames.io/) has 7700+ users, 25000000xrb have been wagered and someone won a jackpot of 55518xrb

User Interview
icarusglider (@icarusglider on slack, @icarusglider on twitter)
1)How did you find out about RaiBlocks?
I found XRB in June of this year while looking for worthwhile projects to become involved with and invest in. This was during peak ICO hype and someone compared it to IOTA at a lower market cap. I investigated and was hooked- it reminded me of when I found bitcoin in 2010 on Slashdot, early and rough around the edges but promising!

2) How have you used RaiBlocks?
I've been using RaiBlocks primarily as an investment and have been buying and trading it since I found it. I'm a fan of bustabit so of course I've played some rounds at raigames.io Wink

3) How can we make RaiBlocks more accessible?
Right now, the main barrier to mass adoption is ease of use. As the wallet reaches maturity and these issues are ironed out, adoption into other exchanges will certainly help with exposure to the public and it can really start growing. I'm fascinated by Colin's idea for using RaiBlocks as a micro transaction platform to support sites, allowing you to send small amount when browsing in order to avoid seeing ads on sites. Further, I am actively working on my own understanding of the protocol and code to develop a mobile wallet for Android and IOS.

Scam Alert
Please be aware that a scam ‘light online wallet’ has been published called myraiwallet.com (this is different to raiwallet.com) - please be cautious as it asks for your wallet seed, by handing this over you also hand over control of your wallet.

Dev Profile
MikeRow (@mikerow on slack)
1) What Projects Do You Work On?
I'm actually mostly keeping faucet running, with the cooperation of Timothy. It consists on keep your eye on distribution payout several hours per days. When updates are available I usually update my easyraikit scripts on GitHub.

2) When did you get involved with RaiBlocks?
I knew XRB as investment more than 1 year ago. After some troubles I decided to run a new website which was then used as "official" website and faucet.

3) Where do you see RaiBlocks in 5 years time?
With a good core team, useful tools (lightwallets for every device) and a bit of adoption by services as payment option, I see it very very fine.

4) If someone wanted to help RaiBlocks whats the best way they can?
I suggest to fill the lacks we are having in terms of tools, talk about it or help the devs core with commits. Some interesting devs joined and I hope good things will come out next months.

Technical Analysis of a Feature
What is PoW?
All cryptocurrencies are at risk of spam transactions where someone sends a large number of small transactions which clog up the network. As RaiBlocks has no fees and is fast it would be particularly at risk to spam attacks and so every transaction requires Proof of Work, a small calculation is performed to send or receive a transaction. Therefore if you try to send lots of transactions it will take up CPU time. This works well but does provide a challenge to bigger services such as exchanges or online wallets - this can be overcome with more cpu power, using a GPU for accelerated calculations or in the future off loading the work to another service.

Next Newsletter
If anyone would like to review a 3rd party service then please get in touch, will be happy to donate some xrb for your time (depending on the quality of the review!). Also if you have a service you want included or just wanted to get involved please contact me @jaycox on slack.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Hi everyone. Previously, I let someone else to handle my RaiBlocks transactions for me. But that person has stopped his service recently so I have to handle everything by myself from now on.

The first thing I need to do is getting a RaiBlocks wallet. I don't know much about RaiBlocks wallets. I only know that there are official wallet and third party wallets. And I don't know the pros and cons of each wallet at the moment so I would appreciate if experienced people could share some opinions.

So aside from owning the key or not, what are the pros and cons of each RaiBlocks wallet?

Well I've only use two wallets and that's the official raiblock wallet and the raiwalletbot on telegram based on my experience here's what I think:

Raiwalletbot

Pros:
Very easy to use can be use in both mobile phone and a pc
Fast transaction (it takes less than a minute)

Cons:
Has 1 mrai fee when you send mrai to a certain address
Requires a mobile phone and number for verification
You don't own keys of if you happen to lose your phone it will be hard for you to retrieve your coins
And if the bot has a problem there will be a delay in your transactions

Official Raiblock Wallet

Pros:
You own keys so you have full control of your coins
No transaction fees
No need to verify using a mobile phone number

Cons:
It takes a lot of time to seed your wallet sometimes it takes days
More complicated than the raiwallet bot
You can encounter lots of seeding problems

Verdict: If you are a newbie then I suggest you use the raiwallet bot on telegram it's easy to use and transactions are very fast you can receive your coins within seconds but if you want to have a full control of your coins then use the official wallet but I don't recommend it though it takes so much time to receive the coins.
Justify why the price of this crypt should increase at the end of the distribution? Because it's money from the air!

It wouldn't - it will increase now  Cool compare this VS IOTA - only comparable tech available yet we have 1/200th of the marketcap  Cool

The sell books are so thin all the way up to 8k satoshi - and if this hits bittrex soon.. my god help it

I doubt the price will increase now cause it's easily available to everyone so most likely lots of "dumps" will happen causing the price to steady at 1k+ satoshi and the wallet is still having problems so I doubt it will hit bittrex soon but I'm hoping that it will though.

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Justify why the price of this crypt should increase at the end of the distribution? Because it's money from the air!

It wouldn't - it will increase now  Cool compare this VS IOTA - only comparable tech available yet we have 1/200th of the marketcap  Cool

The sell books are so thin all the way up to 8k satoshi - and if this hits bittrex soon.. my god help it
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
I saw so many people join in mining

i will buy this coin after all the coin have be mined.

I suggest you buy it now while it is still cheap and just hold it until the distribution is done Smiley

That's right. Just buy it now while it's cheap. At the end of distribution, for sure the prices will go up.

I suggest you buy it now while it is still cheap and just hold it until the distribution is done Smiley

Yes a lot of claimers thinking they can earn a living because of this. More claimers still donates to the devs taking the biggest pie per distribution hour (PER HOUR). The top claimers only gets below 100 XRB while the devs get at least 700. The claimers spends hours for this measly payout that's why they always complain.

https://faucet.raiblockscommunity.net/history.php

The distribution was better before when it was just once per day. At least everyone gets a chance to get a hold of this coin no matter how many captcha claims you did. That was the time when this coin was talked about a lot.

If you want to get a hold of this coin, better get it from exchanges as they're cheap.

Really? That happened?? tsk tsk I hope I already knew about raiblocks when that was the distribution method..right now it's better to buy the coin in exchanges than to actually solve captchas it's just so hard to get xrb now.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Yes a lot of claimers thinking they can earn a living because of this. More claimers still donates to the devs taking the biggest pie per distribution hour (PER HOUR). The top claimers only gets below 100 XRB while the devs get at least 700. The claimers spends hours for this measly payout that's why they always complain.

https://faucet.raiblockscommunity.net/history.php

The distribution was better before when it was just once per day. At least everyone gets a chance to get a hold of this coin no matter how many captcha claims you did. That was the time when this coin was talked about a lot.

If you want to get a hold of this coin, better get it from exchanges as they're cheap.
I still don't understand what this coin is for. I don't understand the point of solving captchas, seems arbitrary.

This coin has a lot of potential though it has zero fees,easy to use and its transactions are fast if you don't use their main wallet hahaha anyway what I'm trying to say is this coin is totally undervalued it will not just pump because of the way it is being distributed which is by solving captchas Sad

It's not just the distribution (solving captchas) but the slow syncing of the wallet and the errors people encountered.

Oh yeah that's a big problem too I kind of forget about that probably the number 1 reason why most popular exchanges are not adding the coin.

This coin has a lot of potential though it has zero fees,easy to use and its transactions are fast if you don't use their main wallet hahaha anyway what I'm trying to say is this coin is totally undervalued it will not just pump because of the way it is being distributed which is by solving captchas Sad

It's not just the distribution (solving captchas) but the slow syncing of the wallet and the errors people encountered.
Jump to: