Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 533. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 250
RK Coin Services - Alt Coins Dev (ETH-BTC & More)
There is no way enough of this coin available without re-opening the faucet. Distribution is stalled at 18,186,192,099 KRAI as per the faucet. A mrai is currently selling at about 350 satoshis, so a krai is worth about 35 sats x 18 billion = 6,365 btc.
1 Mrai = 1000 krai
So market capitalization is only 63.65 BTC at 350 per Mrai (0.35 satoshi x 18.19 billion).

Ha! Even with a calculator, my math is rotten! So 63.65 btc @ $460 US each is less than $30,000 US - not much.

But the dev wants more ways to use mrai, so someone should open a faucet (like they do for btc) and earn from ads for each person who claims. That would get some mrai moving around.
This is what i suggested before but i got blasted for saying it. We need the faucet to be decentralized and like you said, it will
get some mrai moving around.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
There is no way enough of this coin available without re-opening the faucet. Distribution is stalled at 18,186,192,099 KRAI as per the faucet. A mrai is currently selling at about 350 satoshis, so a krai is worth about 35 sats x 18 billion = 6,365 btc.
1 Mrai = 1000 krai
So market capitalization is only 63.65 BTC at 350 per Mrai (0.35 satoshi x 18.19 billion).

I think we should not talk of market capitalization at this point of time it will come when everything is stable the wallet the main thing then the blockexplorer then the distribution then the adoption everything starts on the wallet on how stable it's going to be ..
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
1 Mrai = 1000 krai

Ha! Even with a calculator, my math is rotten! So 63.65 btc @ $460 US each is less than $30,000 US - not much.

But the dev wants more ways to use mrai, so someone should open a faucet (like they do for btc) and earn from ads for each person who claims. That would get some mrai moving around.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
1 Mrai = 1000 krai
Thanks for the feedback guys.  One thing I'd like people to think about is concentration on the faucet versus concentration on using the system.  If you like the technical aspects of the system, no transaction fees and speed, attention due to the faucet isn't a long term sustainable solution.

The point of continuing the faucet is so early discoverers aren't overly favored.  You're right though, even the current amount of xrb out there would be enough to probably last forever without needing something like a split.

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
I did support re-starting the faucet before when this was being discussed, but I've been astounded by just how demanding a lot of faucet users seem to be. I was grateful to get some free coins however it went, but others seem to think its their right to be given free stuff and be very demanding and pushy if they don't get it given to them just how they want it.

If stopping the faucet would have a significant positive impact on development work then I would also agree that its probably a good thing.

I totally agree with you if it takes 2 weeks more why not like I have always said I would rather see the faucet to be on when everything will be going smooth even if there are thousands of wallets or workers working to get those free distribution than just getting off then on ..
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Thanks for the feedback guys.  One thing I'd like people to think about is concentration on the faucet versus concentration on using the system.  If you like the technical aspects of the system, no transaction fees and speed, attention due to the faucet isn't a long term sustainable solution.

The only thing that sustains the system long term is developing bona-fide usefulness.  When people want to use the system because it solves their issues better and more cheaply than the alternatives, that's what'll make everything work long term.

how about closing faucet i think its causing more problems current amount of coins is ok

The point of continuing the faucet is so early discoverers aren't overly favored.  You're right though, even the current amount of xrb out there would be enough to probably last forever without needing something like a split.

you can see it as those that believed it early will reap the benefits and its not like your closing the faucet for trading reasons but genuinely because its affecting the real work. i would rather have you keep 1 million coins for development purposes and work on rai rather than spending months refixing the faucet again and again.

I did support re-starting the faucet before when this was being discussed, but I've been astounded by just how demanding a lot of faucet users seem to be. I was grateful to get some free coins however it went, but others seem to think its their right to be given free stuff and be very demanding and pushy if they don't get it given to them just how they want it.

If stopping the faucet would have a significant positive impact on development work then I would also agree that its probably a good thing.
Activity: 602
xzhybbs I agree.Dev don't owe anyone anything.Angry that you can't get free coins?Or you are really interested Raiblocks and its development Grin?So buy or wait.What's the problem?
Activity: 756
I think should give dev enough time to pay attention to the technical innovation, if you want to learn about the latest developments, to the telegram, after all, only dev Rai a person at work!
For those who just want to tap when the person, if you can not wait for patience, no one wants you to go, etc.! DEV don't owe you money!
Activity: 490
Can I get a brief current situation from the developer or from community?

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
It seems holders are now getting impatient and attacking the devs I have in similar situation in the case of Valorbit everybody wants to make profit asap all the devs wants is the smooth transition of this coin for adoption and distribution,there are still other coin here or project why not diversify and let the dev finish his work..
Activity: 406
at the begining, we didn't and couldn't decide that faucet distribution  Roll Eyes you decided that.
now, because of this faucet distribution, this coin become popular.
if you want to close faucet  Grin good idea for kill that coin.
good work man.  Cheesy

in addition, if there is not any update in bitcointalk forum topic, you will hit your head second time too. Noone will not use that telegram chat program, only you want to force that.
Activity: 469

The only thing that sustains the system long term is developing bona-fide usefulness.  When people want to use the system because it solves their issues better and more cheaply than the alternatives, that's what'll make everything work long term.

how about closing faucet i think its causing more problems current amount of coins is ok

you can see it as those that believed it early will reap the benefits and its not like your closing the faucet for trading reasons but genuinely because its affecting the real work. i would rather have you keep 1 million coins for development purposes and work on rai rather than spending months refixing the faucet again and again.

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

Activity: 469

People here use cryptocurrency for a lot of unofficial reasons, as well as official. They use it to buy and sell things, to pay for services, for auctions, and, indirectly, for Amazon and eBay. If the coin system works, it will really get used. There are a lot of developers on here, all building sites around the more popular coins. If you build it, they will come!
Activity: 238
Merit: 122

Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Suit yourself but I think bitcointalk is and will be a huge factor in the succes or failure of a new coin.

I have to agree with that.  There are a lot of eye balls here, this forum is the largest and most active on the subject of cryptocurrency which includes bitcoin and all the alts.  If you want attention towards your coin, you dismiss this place's influence at your own peril.
Activity: 560
The status is the same. The network is running, we're inspecting logs to identify issues since 7.5.0 but haven't found any. The faucet if off while we're working on its scalability after which we'll turn it on.

The faucet is unnecessary for normal network operation and these questions are usually the same one, when will it be up, and the answer is when we finish.

I don't post updates as often here because this is a Bitcoin forum, please post on the RaiBlocks forum or a message in telegram for specific issues.
Thanks admin for the update soo there isnt any shedule when you guys will be able to finish the inspection around the coin,is good to see you are here and working i will join telegram now as i wanna know when mrais will return as i get inloved for the coin and its potencial .
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
^^^ I agree

And to add, with a short update like just now you reach alot of people. Not only those who are posting but also all those who are only reading.

Suit yourself but I think bitcointalk is and will be a huge factor in the succes or failure of a new coin.

Just my 2c
Jump to: