Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 601. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 664
Merit: 500
The auction is a bad idea, better leave the Faucet.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Put the captcha back and just make it as hard as possible for single users to game it.

IP limits, time limits everything you can. Sure some will find a way to get a few extra.

I have not got any yet? I only just got the new wallet the old one does not sync after days of waiting.

Now I go to the faucet and it's off?

Put it back up and just make it harder to game.
If you needs some funds do an transparent ICO with usernames of buyers listed down for 50% of remaining coins the other lot switch the faucet back on?

why not just give up on the faucet all together.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
He is actually putting the faucet back guys! I understand there was a lot of posting on this thread lately but atleast try to read the last page  Smiley

Making it pay once every 24h is a good call imo, the only question now is how often to allow a request to be made. Something > or = to 300 seconds should be fine imo.

Lol where did u read that?
Activity: 630
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
Colin did you deleted the auction? You could complete this one...

why ? so that people would abandon the notion of fair distribution ? The best is to forget about any auction or IPO, there were thousands of coins
that tried that way, and they're just a distant memory today. It isn't worth to kill such long project over 0.1 btc
Activity: 705
He is actually putting the faucet back guys! I understand there was a lot of posting on this thread lately but atleast try to read the last page  Smiley

Making it pay once every 24h is a good call imo, the only question now is how often to allow a request to be made. Something > or = to 300 seconds should be fine imo.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Put the captcha back and just make it as hard as possible for single users to game it.

IP limits, time limits everything you can. Sure some will find a way to get a few extra.

I have not got any yet? I only just got the new wallet the old one does not sync after days of waiting.

Now I go to the faucet and it's off?

Put it back up and just make it harder to game.
If you needs some funds do an transparent ICO with usernames of buyers listed down for 50% of remaining coins the other lot switch the faucet back on?

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

I think if we weren't going to continue with them, doing it as a one off would have just put a mark on the system that didn't need to be there.

I know no one including myself likes the wheel to be jerked around and I hope this proposal is the last time we need to deal with addressing the distribution.

so what are your thoughts then? please realize you cannot stop ppl from wanting to hoard this in any way possible. your captchas were really efficient and fair, please reconsider
Activity: 238
Merit: 122

I think if we weren't going to continue with them, doing it as a one off would have just put a mark on the system that didn't need to be there.

I know no one including myself likes the wheel to be jerked around and I hope this proposal is the last time we need to deal with addressing the distribution.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
dont know yet, i am not an expert, but i am talking about rudimental exchange, not the exchange we are using on the web!
Activity: 513
DEv,  what you can do for earn some money , just make a small exchange online on your website, people can sell the coin directly on your site and you can earn bitcoin all the transaction ! Let people to open profile and the faucet gos directly to each profile ...

"small exchange". You should realize that running an exchange is a bigger project than Mrai itself!

I say keep it simple
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
DEv,  what you can do for earn some money , just make a small exchange online on your website, people can sell the coin directly on your site and you can earn bitcoin all the transaction ! Let people to open profile and the faucet gos directly to each profile ...
The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

I like this approach. Or you could make the distribution happen after solving 100 captchas.
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
I'm just gonna say this. You can't prevent people from accumulating. I am interested in accumulating Mrai, I've openly stated that. No matter what you do, no matter how, I WILL find a way to accumulate it.

The reason why I think the faucet was a good way to distribute, was because it DOES NOT prevent poor people from getting in on it. Yes you will never be able to drop equally on all interested parties. But allowing anyone to get a chunk albeit small was a great idea.

As far as session clearing I thought you also block based on IP address. Perhaps blocking known IP ranges coming from AWS, etc. would work.

Now because you don't like the fact people like me are accumulating, you turn a 180 and completely remove the possibility that poor people could get in on it.

In fact with the auction you are now making it so I can accumulate a LOT of it all to myself. Heck I could hire 6 other guys and win ALL bids. And own ALL the supply. As much as I find this entertaining, I think it severely affects the trust. People don't like drastic changes in the midst of a campaign. You flip-flop, and that turns people off. This is why people like the concept of smart contracts, because you can't just change things the way you please.

I don't mind accumulating, in fact that's one of the things I have the least worry about for many of the reasons you listed. I had a technical problem of the result of maximizing accumulating by flogging the faucet which was directly generating transactions.

Solving that technical issue could alleviate my issues.

Please turn the Faucet ON if you want this Alt coin growing, esle its just an ordinary coins.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
"shh, he's coding..."
I'm just gonna say this. You can't prevent people from accumulating. I am interested in accumulating Mrai, I've openly stated that. No matter what you do, no matter how, I WILL find a way to accumulate it.

The reason why I think the faucet was a good way to distribute, was because it DOES NOT prevent poor people from getting in on it. Yes you will never be able to drop equally on all interested parties. But allowing anyone to get a chunk albeit small was a great idea.

As far as session clearing I thought you also block based on IP address. Perhaps blocking known IP ranges coming from AWS, etc. would work.

Now because you don't like the fact people like me are accumulating, you turn a 180 and completely remove the possibility that poor people could get in on it.

In fact with the auction you are now making it so I can accumulate a LOT of it all to myself. Heck I could hire 6 other guys and win ALL bids. And own ALL the supply. As much as I find this entertaining, I think it severely affects the trust. People don't like drastic changes in the midst of a campaign. You flip-flop, and that turns people off. This is why people like the concept of smart contracts, because you can't just change things the way you please.

+1
I think Dev also has understood right now Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

I guess this will solve the disturibution problems. All people will happy and by the way less work for you and your server systems too.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
IMO, you should keep the way it was before. Faucet wasn't wrong.
I mean, you can everyday disable it at night or when it reaches the daily max, but dont turn it off for weeks... for fuck sake

I don't mind accumulating, in fact that's one of the things I have the least worry about for many of the reasons you listed. I had a technical problem of the result of maximizing accumulating by flogging the faucet which was directly generating transactions.

Solving that technical issue could alleviate my issues.

People got interested because faucet with captcha is/was the most fair distribution ever on a coin. Of course some ppl will pay for others to solve captcha for them but that kind of stuff will always happen. The point is, the massive interest from this coin comes from the awesome features (speed, fee, dev dedication etc) AND the distribution.

Why fix something that is not broken??

Why fix something that is not broken?? - Being in a position to earn some money brings out the worst in people, it's pretty self explainatory
I just hope that some better solution ends up being done, there's too much bad altcoins on the altcoin graveyard already

The people in a position to earn money as in me or faucet clickers?

Be a bit realistic here; what can they earn ? 0.01 -0,02 for whole day of claiming ? And on the other side you ..
Do what you think it's best, it's your decision in the end, but i think you could earn a lot more placing some ads on the site than one time deals you will get with auction.

Agreed, it's almost as if my motivation wasn't a cash grab but was related to technical problems of distributing through the faucet.

The proposal might fix those technical issues by doing payouts in bulk.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
what a popular topic in today  Grin
Jump to: