Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 603. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
The only way to acquire this coin is via faucet?

If that is the case, then I guess it can be manipulated through botnets

They use captchas. But it can be manipulated by hired human "robots".

Edit: I can see. You did not really mean it. Just a signature campaign
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
The only way to acquire this coin is via faucet?

If that is the case, then I guess it can be manipulated through botnets
Activity: 238
Merit: 122
The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.
Activity: 705
Merit: 500
I don't belive we'll see the end of today auction, sadly this system is more flawed than the faucet one (fake bids?).

There are no perfect distribution systems but i belive that selling the larger part in an ICO, airdropping a smaller part to the old BTT community and keeping the faucet up with a super-small symbolic ammount is the best compromise and has many pros.

I'm not opposed to airdropping though the immediate response will be saying I'm airdropping to myself.

Sadly FUD will be always present on this board, either learn to pass over it or ask for a self-moderated thread...
I don't belive we'll see the end of today auction, sadly this system is more flawed than the faucet one (fake bids?).

There are no perfect distribution systems but i belive that selling the larger part in an ICO, airdropping a smaller part to the old BTT community and keeping the faucet up with a super-small symbolic ammount is the best compromise and has many pros.

I'm not opposed to airdropping though the immediate response will be saying I'm airdropping to myself.
Even if we could divide the faucet amount down there's still the situation that people who pay others to click for them will get >95% of everything that comes out of it which is why I'm very confused why this is such a popular wish.
Because some of them are naive and don't understand this problem, and the others are waiting to exploit it as you wrote Wink

How is that materially different from people who can pay to buy them getting the majority?

If you want to get some BTC for your work then I have absolutely no problem with that, but if its about fairness or amount of time required to run the faucet I really don't understand why its an issue at all. The time requirement because of people posting questions was only because it was never made clear exactly how it worked.

that is the problem.

How is possible to control the market if you play god of fairness.  you distributed out with recaptcha and then it is freedom of ppl hold or dump.

recaptcha is most fair way indeed. the coin is getting popular, and more ppl will come and collect.

why dev is not raising the problem when only few ppl collecting most of coins in early days. but now?

if you really need fairness, there is many other ways far better than bid auction.

how can we call  bid auction is fairness?  

if bid auction is fairness. then ICO is almost 100 times better than "bid auction" fairness.

I hope i express myself well with my english.

It wasn't a problem until there were hundreds of people doing it every 5 minutes and sending me email, facebook invites, BCT messages, posts, tweets, asking about the faucet and suggesting it be increased or decreased.
Activity: 705
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1330
Even if we could divide the faucet amount down there's still the situation that people who pay others to click for them will get >95% of everything that comes out of it which is why I'm very confused why this is such a popular wish.
Because some of them are naive and don't understand this problem, and the others are waiting to exploit it as you wrote Wink

How is that materially different from people who can pay to buy them getting the majority?

If you want to get some BTC for your work then I have absolutely no problem with that, but if its about fairness or amount of time required to run the faucet I really don't understand why its an issue at all. The time requirement because of people posting questions was only because it was never made clear exactly how it worked.

that is the problem.

How is possible to control the market if you play god of fairness.  you distributed out with recaptcha and then it is freedom of ppl hold or dump.

recaptcha is most fair way indeed. the coin is getting popular, and more ppl will come and collect.

why dev is not raising the problem when only few ppl collecting most of coins in early days. but now?

if you really need fairness, there is many other ways far better than bid auction.

how can we call  bid auction is fairness?  

if bid auction is fairness. then ICO is almost 100 times better than "bid auction" fairness.

I hope i express myself well with my english.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
"shh, he's coding..."

with auctions: coin will go only to the rich users
with faucet: coin will go to the developer and to the rich users

Cool
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io

staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
Activity: 952
Merit: 502
I suggest people to consider to sell as fast as possibile Mrai because this system works with trust, but is only my suggestion... Feel free to decide.
Yes,   you are right.
legendary
Activity: 1330

Probably, some very vocal users that have posted recently private messaged me recommending I put everything on the faucet with no limit and distribute it within a week, somehow this was viewed as fair to them.

that is me.  no problem point it out.

all i want is not making distribution painful.

either do it as recaptcha or ICO  is far less controversial than bid auction.

I have no problem letting dev get funds by ICO.

BUT please, don't do it by bid auction.  which is most destructive way for you to collect money or get fairness in distribution.

make ppl think you are fishing ppl by some faucet and actually greedy to collect btc from noobs dreaming getting rich by bid each other.
Activity: 306
have you seen the bid? this guy will collect at least 1 BTC daily keep dreaming he is going to give any coin away now that it has some value
free - fair - equal means nothing, now is just the daily 7 big fish to sell them his coins.... for the next 2 maybe 4 years, it a soooo fair distribution plan
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
I don't get why anyone would even bid in an auction; why would investor think he will sell higher later on, if noone
made bid higher than him.

person 1 buys at 100 sat at auction and wants to sell at 120 sat later on
person 2 didn't want to pay higher at auction - so why the hell would he pay more now to person 1?

I agree. I don't think I would buy in an auction.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I don't get why anyone would even bid in an auction; why would investor think he will sell higher later on, if noone
made bid higher than him.

person 1 buys at 100 sat at auction and wants to sell at 120 sat later on
person 2 didn't want to pay higher at auction - so why the hell would he pay more now to person 1?
legendary
Activity: 1045
A question as a newbie, how do you work without fees. Will it stay like that?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
"shh, he's coding..."

I think you are confused by earn satoshi from the auctions Smiley

If not, why not make bids on a like counterparty's address?
Coins always go to those who are wealthy enough to buy them. This is inevitable. The "distribution to human workers" idea was naive. Yes, maybe some percentage can go through the faucet. But more like marketing, not as a way to distribute "fairly".  

On the other side longterm distribution can be a good idea. Maybe. Because nobody will feel he "missed the boat". But the price must be set as sharply rising, maybe in "investment" rounds. There should be incentives to hold now. No real coin can exist without speculation

Right, the idea on the distribution schedule was a tradeoff between not overly favoring early adopters and finishing at a defined timepoint.  Maybe 4 years, 2 years, would be a better idea but blasting it all out in a couple weeks makes little sense.
Activity: 249
if you want to true fairness. then drop to all BTC/ltc/doge holder

or  do Proof of Burn.

Drops to other coin holders result in value destruction.
Jump to: