Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 602. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
People got interested because faucet with captcha is/was the most fair distribution ever on a coin. Of course some ppl will pay for others to solve captcha for them but that kind of stuff will always happen. The point is, the massive interest from this coin comes from the awesome features (speed, fee, dev dedication etc) AND the distribution.

Why fix something that is not broken??

Why fix something that is not broken?? - Being in a position to earn some money brings out the worst in people, it's pretty self explainatory
I just hope that some better solution ends up being done, there's too much bad altcoins on the altcoin graveyard already

The people in a position to earn money as in me or faucet clickers?

Be a bit realistic here; what can they earn ? 0.01 -0,02 for whole day of claiming ? And on the other side you ..
Do what you think it's best, it's your decision in the end, but i think you could earn a lot more placing some ads on the site than one time deals you will get with auction.
Activity: 238
Merit: 122
People got interested because faucet with captcha is/was the most fair distribution ever on a coin. Of course some ppl will pay for others to solve captcha for them but that kind of stuff will always happen. The point is, the massive interest from this coin comes from the awesome features (speed, fee, dev dedication etc) AND the distribution.

Why fix something that is not broken?? - Being in a position to earn some money brings out the worst in people, it's pretty self explainatory
I just hope that some better solution ends up being done, there's too much bad altcoins on the altcoin graveyard already

The people in a position to earn money as in me or faucet clickers?

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

It's my impression or dev ruined the coin?

bid auction is innuendo for greed.

so ICO seems more honest and fair.

If the faucet modification plan would work and would be accepted I don't see a need for an ICO.

From the start the auction plan was never about me getting money.  From when I started this project the only thing I've wanted is for cryptocurrency to be successful and to fix issues with other systems that weren't being fixed.

What made it boom in interes was faucet, that was interesting for both those who were doing "work" for people that wanted more than they could claim, and those who wanted more than they could claim themselves.
And when it was at it's peak popularity, you go and turn distribution off and start talking about auctions.. i'm not sure you really had "the best intentions" for the coin, per se
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

If the faucet modification plan would work and would be accepted I don't see a need for an ICO.

From the start the auction plan was never about me getting money.  From when I started this project the only thing I've wanted is for cryptocurrency to be successful and to fix issues with other systems that weren't being fixed.

What is the new Faucet modification plan ?

I dont think Auction is a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

sorry if i misunderstand your plan.

I love Rai, because i see the potential from neat features. I don't mind if you get some funds either from ICO or other ways.

hope RAI goes big and I see you have prominent career records and not fishy at all.

all i am whining for is a proper distribution.   again. I won't blame you if you get fund you deserve.

legendary

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
AO  1aкция = 1 дoллapy = 1 MRAI   
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

I think it would be good if you could do that, perhaps with part of the coins being distributed this way and part through some kind of sale.

Do one payout daily. This is way easy to manage the server load. I would like to insist the same in the earlier days. But the dev hasn't responding to any of my posts in the past when I asked about the linux wallet build error. He simply ignored me. It will reduce the blockchain size.

The build system right now is pretty difficult, I want to improve it but my time has been filled with distribution concerns.

If you want to run it on Linux I recommend running it inside a VM of Ubuntu 14 LTS

Great! You finally replied to my requests here. I will to run in Ubuntu 14. Thanks for the reply. Now I'm running win32 wallet inside Virtualbox. I hope you do come up with a good decision on the distribution and put an end to worthless talks here.

Edit: Are you the only dev working Rai? Are there any community members for this coin? If yes, list their names here please.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.
I would like to see this idea Smiley
It is really cool, but it must have a real live stats of the percentage u have, so it is updated real time each claim. Also you could just make this an ICO coin and after the ICO relaunch the faucet with the new idea which would attract more users to the coin because after the ICO many people can earn also free coins through the faucet which means that users who are not wanting to spend their money in the coin, can also participate and benefit from the coin.

I think it would be good if you could do that, perhaps with part of the coins being distributed this way and part through some kind of sale.

Do one payout daily. This is way easy to manage the server load. I would like to insist the same in the earlier days. But the dev hasn't responding to any of my posts in the past when I asked about the linux wallet build error. He simply ignored me. It will reduce the blockchain size.

The build system right now is pretty difficult, I want to improve it but my time has been filled with distribution concerns.

If you want to run it on Linux I recommend running it inside a VM of Ubuntu 14 LTS

Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io

legendary
Lot of responses here. Wow!

After reading all those, I have got this.

Options
1. Proper ICO
2. Resuming to faucet system. [Don't care about the captcha slaves]
3. Burning the rest of the coins
4. ICO+Faucet
5. Auction and keep all the btc for yourself and don't show any coin improvement
6. Resume Faucet service again for sometime. Allot the rest of the coins to POS for the next years.
7. Drop the coin.
8. Make the rest of the coins minable like other altcoins.

Not to do
At any cost, don't hurry up and end the distribution in short times like 1 or 2 weeks not even a year.
Don't feed the coins for the lazy people. People should be doing something for the coin.

The idea to hire people for Mrai on the services section is the very worst thing. That makes the starting point of all these discussions and confustions. Again stating that, a dev shouldn't be worrying about that people's money making methods. If you're worried about that, then there is a form of greediness in you for money.

+1000000

I VOUCH for  1 and 4

forget all other options.
Lot of responses here. Wow!

After reading all those, I have got this.

Options
1. Proper ICO
2. Resuming to faucet system. [Don't care about the captcha slaves]
3. Burning the rest of the coins
4. ICO+Faucet
5. Auction and keep all the btc for yourself and don't show any coin improvement
6. Resume Faucet service again for sometime. Allot the rest of the coins to POS for the next years.
7. Drop the coin.
8. Make the rest of the coins minable like other altcoins.

Not to do
At any cost, don't hurry up and end the distribution in short times like 1 or 2 weeks not even a year.
Don't feed the coins for the lazy people. People should be doing something for the coin.

The idea to hire people for Mrai on the services section is the very worst thing. That makes the starting point of all these discussions and confustions. Again stating that, a dev shouldn't be worrying about that people's money making methods. If you're worried about that, then there is a form of greediness in you for money.

Activity: 644
(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit
Bid auction for just 7 people a week, you must be kidding? How you came to this weird idea? It just screems: "I WANT MUCH BTCS WOWOWOW I DON'T CARE ABOUT DISTRIBUTION WOWOWOW BTCS HOARD MOAR BTCS BEFORE SUMMER WOWOWOW". Grin

Why not to make normal ICO/IPO/Crowdfunding or if you want to distribute coins for years to come (for me it's just plain stupid, years in crypto like decades in real life, people will forget/fork your coin in a few months) do it at least fair. Make a system POT like, where every person which sent BTCs to you in a given week will get a fraction of 450k pie, no matter how little but thats better than auction BS, but even then I find such system of distribution flawed and too much risk low reward for investors taking into account YEARs of distribution and developer as changeable as the weather.

Faucet distribution is not a novel idea. The last coin I do remember had distribution for all nodes online every hour, it's dead now, but anyway it was better than this mess with human recaptcha slaves and 7 chosen ones.
Activity: 705

Yes please!

The captcha-solvers are ultimately not a problem since a very large majority of them end up downloading the wallet and being Raiblocks users themselves. I myself got to know Mrai thanks to one of those threads!
And i belive almost all of the "begging-for-the-faucet" new users come from those kind of services. It ultimately spreads the diffusion.

And you can always keep the control on the distribution ammount / schedule.
Jump to: