Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 608. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 767
Merit: 532
For all other users,

None of the trading has been done in the jibble's trading thread. May be people may have exchanged coins in private. People bidding and asking there virtually created the demand for the price. There is no sudden interest for this coin. People one by one started to know about the free coin distribution spreading the word across and creates a virtual demand to claim these coins. The actual free distribution plan and the daily percentage of distribution was very excellent. Though it is complicated, it is a fair distribution. I may have shown my concern about the fair distribution. But it has been cleared earlier. The faucet was working well and fair.

I do care about the dev a lot. If not, I'm not going to post in this thread. I'm not creating FUD here, just posting my real concern. The dev says, he spent 2 years+ of his time to develop this coin. But suddenly he fell for the auctioning. I don't know who gave this idea.

If you're auctioning or doing ICO, you need to follow a proper way. If you decide to auction, you must first stop the exchange threads all over the places. Though people can exchange privately. Or you should follow the faucet distribution + the exchange thread.

If you're auctioning, you shouldn't allow exchanges, exchange threads until you complete your auction at all levels.

Auctioning is indirectly an ICO. You should write a proper announcement about the auction in bitcointalk forum, it should not be in the unknown google pages.

1. You must clearly explain why you're auctioning. What made you to decide to choose it. It may be any reason. No issues.
2. What is the total number of coins?
3. How many coins will be distributed every year? Lot of members here are not good as your math. We don't know what is 2^25 is. You have to state in numbers.
4. What is your daily distribution plan for the first year?
5. What is a lot?
6. What is the minimum bid for the auction? State UTC time for starting and ending time of the auction.
7. How long will you wait for the auction winner to claim his bid? What will happen if he/she differs his auction win? If he is not contacting you, what will you do?
8. Again, if first day auctions goes for a particular winning price, do you fix a base auction price for the second day? Do you offer a buy now price from the second day?
9. What will happen if people lose interest to participate in your auction? Do you switch to another money collecting method?
10. Many coins have done successful initial funding. You may have the chances of getting funds by this way. This could happen only when you do things properly.
11. The auction must happen in bitcointalk forum.
12. As I have seen here, none of the real crypto supporters posted in your thread. If you look into the past, you can see people asking for faucet, exchange and more distribution methods. If anyone posted and asked about what you have been doing this 2 years for this coin. Just show me if there was any.
13. People who are providing captcha jobs in Services section and people who are buying in auctions are just traders who buy now for small price and dump for higher price. Then simply disappear once they get profit and move to another coin. This is IMO.
14. If real people who are really looking for real potential from coins, must not ask for faucet and exchange at first. Don't fall for these false illusion. The real thing, the coin has got some attention from free coin claimers and from people who are looking for small profits.
15. As you have turned off faucet now, you could see only one or two or even no posts in your thread for several days.
16. IMO again, as you're auctioning in the sudden and improper way without any prior announcement, good ICO funders might not get your coins. Look at how other coins have done their ICO. Some of the coins collected millions. I'm worrying about the imperfection with this coin.

Anyhow, you did a great job with the coin. But you really suck with the distribution plan changes. My suggestion is you just turn it back to free faucet distribution as before and don't mind about the captcha-miners and other people. The coin will move to several hands before it settles to the proper hand. Concentrate on technical stuffs and try to bring your dream innovation as fast as possible. Auctioning will not let the auction winners to hold the coins for long time. They simply sell for profit and simply go away.

Good luck.

this +1000
Activity: 238
Merit: 122
The proposals I've heard are:
Drop based on BOINC mining: I view this is similar to plain old PoW, people with the most invested in mining hardware get everything. Better than traditional wasted PoW since it's more useful but it's not particularly more fair. This is also hard to set up and it's unknown if it can be gamed long term

Longer faucet times: In principle this solves the load problem but it's also easy to game. As someone else in this thread pointed out there's no way to prove an identity on the Internet. What we can prove is IP, browser cookies, time spent on capcha. If we made the time longer, what someone can do is get a multitude of IPs, each having their own cookie expiration timer running and very little effort solving N capchas. This person would get rai out of the faucet at whatever N they could swing.

Continue with faucet distribution and cut off when amount reached: This is still effectively a sale. Capcha clickers get paid and people wanting large quantities of rai do the paying.  The only difference between this method and the auction is capcha clickers get paid rather than me. I don't begrudge them wanting payment though it isn't obvious to me how this is very different.  At any rate I don't feel like running and developing a network when my time is monopolized by people who expect and downright demand the faucet be continuously operating for them.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
And what about a random distribution based on ip address every x hour?

People insert own mrai address and then every zone or macrozone  of the  world will receive random mrai coins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
For all other users,

None of the trading has been done in the jibble's trading thread. May be people may have exchanged coins in private. People bidding and asking there virtually created the demand for the price. There is no sudden interest for this coin. People one by one started to know about the free coin distribution spreading the word across and creates a virtual demand to claim these coins. The actual free distribution plan and the daily percentage of distribution was very excellent. Though it is complicated, it is a fair distribution. I may have shown my concern about the fair distribution. But it has been cleared earlier. The faucet was working well and fair.

I do care about the dev a lot. If not, I'm not going to post in this thread. I'm not creating FUD here, just posting my real concern. The dev says, he spent 2 years+ of his time to develop this coin. But suddenly he fell for the auctioning. I don't know who gave this idea.

If you're auctioning or doing ICO, you need to follow a proper way. If you decide to auction, you must first stop the exchange threads all over the places. Though people can exchange privately. Or you should follow the faucet distribution + the exchange thread.

If you're auctioning, you shouldn't allow exchanges, exchange threads until you complete your auction at all levels.

Auctioning is indirectly an ICO. You should write a proper announcement about the auction in bitcointalk forum, it should not be in the unknown google pages.

1. You must clearly explain why you're auctioning. What made you to decide to choose it. It may be any reason. No issues.
2. What is the total number of coins?
3. How many coins will be distributed every year? Lot of members here are not good as your math. We don't know what is 2^25 is. You have to state in numbers.
4. What is your daily distribution plan for the first year?
5. What is a lot?
6. What is the minimum bid for the auction? State UTC time for starting and ending time of the auction.
7. How long will you wait for the auction winner to claim his bid? What will happen if he/she differs his auction win? If he is not contacting you, what will you do?
8. Again, if first day auctions goes for a particular winning price, do you fix a base auction price for the second day? Do you offer a buy now price from the second day?
9. What will happen if people lose interest to participate in your auction? Do you switch to another money collecting method?
10. Many coins have done successful initial funding. You may have the chances of getting funds by this way. This could happen only when you do things properly.
11. The auction must happen in bitcointalk forum.
12. As I have seen here, none of the real crypto supporters posted in your thread. If you look into the past, you can see people asking for faucet, exchange and more distribution methods. If anyone posted and asked about what you have been doing this 2 years for this coin. Just show me if there was any.
13. People who are providing captcha jobs in Services section and people who are buying in auctions are just traders who buy now for small price and dump for higher price. Then simply disappear once they get profit and move to another coin. This is IMO.
14. If real people who are really looking for real potential from coins, must not ask for faucet and exchange at first. Don't fall for these false illusion. The real thing, the coin has got some attention from free coin claimers and from people who are looking for small profits.
15. As you have turned off faucet now, you could see only one or two or even no posts in your thread for several days.
16. IMO again, as you're auctioning in the sudden and improper way without any prior announcement, good ICO funders might not get your coins. Look at how other coins have done their ICO. Some of the coins collected millions. I'm worrying about the imperfection with this coin.

Anyhow, you did a great job with the coin. But you really suck with the distribution plan changes. My suggestion is you just turn it back to free faucet distribution as before and don't mind about the captcha-miners and other people. The coin will move to several hands before it settles to the proper hand. Concentrate on technical stuffs and try to bring your dream innovation as fast as possible. Auctioning will not let the auction winners to hold the coins for long time. They simply sell for profit and simply go away.

Good luck.

Note: This is an example consideration. How much btcs will be collected in the first year if the auction goes this way. Assuming you're auction for the next 365 days, 7 lots a day and the average auction win price as 0.5 btc. You might be collecting 3.5 btcs a day and 365*3.5=1277.5 btc in total for the first year. This equals to 1277.5*$400=$511000. And only 10 or 15 people are going to bid daily. The distribution again goes only to a very few countable people.
Activity: 767
Merit: 532
Way to ruin a great idea...This is the worst form of distribution in my opinion

The faucet thing was actually a really smart way of doing things, why not just calibrate that?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Right proposal :
Keep the auction on for 2-4-8 weeks

even the current auction if it goes ahead will kill the legitimacy of this coin.

also from the start you'll notice my first post saying i liked the coins concept (alot), no fan of the faucet idea (already knew the outcome of that idea when greed kicks in).

do i have solutions and plans yes, (nothings perfect though). but i can tell u guys once the gates open well no point in all this time and effort.

i suggest (strongly) a halt on everything distribution related til a proper plan is thoughout. adhoc like now big regret later.

everything being kick around here is nothing new, its kinda wasting time throwing around ideas without researching the history of such discussions.

trust me on one thing; at the very least pause the auction plan and not let any be sold that way before this is sorted. i'll try and find time for proper live chat with the dev.

I don't have any objections to such a thing as halting distribution for now until something is thought up .

I do think an auction wouldn't be that much of  problem before being added to an exchange , but makes no real sense after being added to an exchange , because then its just like 2 places to buy it and might as well be another exchange .

I was proposing something together with the community together to then put forward to the dev as to save his time , if he is deeply involved to begin with it might distract him further than before and prevent progress on the coin . He wants to make people happy there is evidence of this and he is willing to listen to the community as he has done numerous times , So if there was something we could collectively not all reach consensus on cos like you said, thats impossible, but upsets and disrupts and annoys the least amount of people while still thinking of the longevity and life of the coin. which is also why i suggested to allow the auction to go on for a short period of time to save time
legendary
Activity: 1876
Right proposal :

even the current auction if it goes ahead will kill the legitimacy of this coin.

also from the start you'll notice my first post saying i liked the coins concept (alot), no fan of the faucet idea (already knew the outcome of that idea when greed kicks in).

do i have solutions and plans yes, (nothings perfect though). but i can tell u guys once the gates open well no point in all this time and effort.

i suggest (strongly) a halt on everything distribution related til a proper plan is thoughout. adhoc like now big regret later.

everything being kick around here is nothing new, its kinda wasting time throwing around ideas without researching the history of such discussions.

trust me on one thing; at the very least pause the auction plan and not let any be sold that way before this is sorted. i'll try and find time for proper live chat with the dev.

Right proposal :

This allows the dev to dedicate most of his time to doing work on the coin, allowing for better api calls, creating stuff people can use on their own websites and making it easier to integrate the coin into an exchange with api calls and other similar bitcoin functions .

This helps give him some funding for the coin as well for his time he has spent on the coin , it free's him up to focus almost solely on everything that needs to be coded this month .

When or if an exchange adds the coin, Then auctioning would not be the best solution , but we need a different solution that is not going to completely tie up the developers time having to constantly sort out the faucet . this would be the POW of the coin

I would say , reduce the amount people can claim but still giving them enough to be able to claim that if they want to spend all day doing such a thing they can, but there will be a fixed amount of coins everyday deposited in the faucet at a specific time, onc those are dried out , there are no more till the next day , The website could have ads on it possibly , which you could actually use some of your free faucet coins to remove , this would give a live example of what and how a pop up blocker would work for the site and for others wishing to add it to their own sites

The money gotten from the auction can allow him to either upgrade the servers to handle the requests much better or hire someone part time to deal with the crap of over loading servers and constant tweaks needed so he can focus on working again

This is just a proposal , there is likely problems in it or better alternatives , now if you have your own proposal that takes into account the investors as a whole, the dev and the life of the coin then please post it , if you just wish to improve what i have written then do so to and we can adapt it .

if we can get some agreement that makes it easier for the dev to work on his coin , he might take it seriously and consider doing what is suggested if it makes the most amount of people happy  
Many people have pointed out to me that the faucet is a very complicated way to for people to purchase Mrai.  Payment goes to people who are willing to wait for and click the captcha and in return they get the faucet payout for the amount they want.

People have recommended that rather than having a complex system we should simplify the way this is distributed and I think their advice is good.

The simplest way to get these out to people is to auction them in lots which for year 1 on the distribution schedule is 475k per day.  I'll conduct and auction thread on the RaiBlocks forum which will stay open for 24 hours after which I'll accept the 7 highest bids, no matter how low, and will send them each 1 lot.

In the next couple days we'll be releasing an OpenCL GPU module which will address several people's needs who need to generate higher volumes of transactions.  We're also working on making an ad-clearing server library for web pages for people to try on their sites.

The auction is conducted in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/raiblocks/h7u7b1lTgLE

thats crazy? thats the worst idea ever? turning Raiblock for a giveaway into an auction ICO (or am i missing something).

so from something of enormous potential straight to no more then the typical (illegal) ICO scam  Huh

i gotta have misread?

You have taught me one more point from the basics of crypto 101. Thanks again. Actually dev has put his long time efforts into FUD for now. This will go now for sometime. I need to learn a lot from the old members a lot. This seems I'm still a child in here.
legendary
Activity: 1876
It's pitty what this will turn into. I just don't understand why DEV would destroy coin like this with that dumb auction.
People actually investing their time and effort claiming coins is what gave it value in a way and spread awareness.
There's nothing that makes this special anymore after being auctioned for quick dev profit... so lame.

To be accurate, developing something for 2 year is a very slow loss rather than a quick profit.  Time value of money says it's better to do nothing than spend time of something that gets you nothing.

well if its about making money developing in crypto aint for you. for a crypto to genuinely be successful dev has to let go of thing of a return money wise. and more create something of value.

almost 99% of the crypto community is heading down a path that would have you kicked off this forum and lablelled a scammer by the community in the early days.

added to that there is so many legal issue this community is completely ignorant of, and often think things are ok because its been the wild west and the law hasn't fulltime clean up this place.

you do the real reason satoshi went anon? (and that was with something that wasn't an ICO).
Where are the btcs go? Is this an ICO without stating any ICO announcement? How many people did participate in the discussion and agree to take part in the discussion before you decide to do this. What will happen to the future auctions, if this coin hits an exchange? Or do you have plan to not list in exchanges until all auctions are over? If first day auction goes for good price, do you put a minimum bid for the second day auction.

As you're auctioning this coin, you're no longer going to give free coins for the community? How long will it take for the auction winners to realize their profit?

+100000000

some dumb cheerleader never come to this kinda of logic thinking.

man, your will piss off the dumb cheer leader.

Lets try and get an actual discussion going between people in this thread, not complaining about how such and such a method is bad, but what the best alternative would be , something that the most people here would agree to and propose that to the dev

grow the fuck up please
legendary
Activity: 1330
Where are the btcs go? Is this an ICO without stating any ICO announcement? How many people did participate in the discussion and agree to take part in the discussion before you decide to do this. What will happen to the future auctions, if this coin hits an exchange? Or do you have plan to not list in exchanges until all auctions are over? If first day auction goes for good price, do you put a minimum bid for the second day auction.

As you're auctioning this coin, you're no longer going to give free coins for the community? How long will it take for the auction winners to realize their profit?

+100000000

some dumb cheerleader never come to this kinda of logic thinking.

man, your will piss off the dumb cheer leader.
It's pitty what this will turn into. I just don't understand why DEV would destroy coin like this with that dumb auction.
People actually investing their time and effort claiming coins is what gave it value in a way and spread awareness.
There's nothing that makes this special anymore after being auctioned for quick dev profit... so lame.

To be accurate, developing something for 2 year is a very slow loss rather than a quick profit.  Time value of money says it's better to do nothing than spend time of something that gets you nothing.

this what ure doing now is motivated only by desire to quick profit. imho you're making a mistake.
why not just place ads on site and earn revenue from it, there was some insane traffic lately and i think it would continue for a long time.
much better option than to just kill the project with one move.

I know I can't convince people of this though the point of the auction isn't for me to get paid, it's to distribute them in a manor that requires the least effort and has low skepticism.  Even with the faucet people were pointing out that it could be unfair because there's no way to prove we're not funneling out of the faucet through shell accounts.

I would be perfectly happy buying them on the open market but that's not the situation we're in, to my dismay.

jibble: Are you closing your buy sell thread until this auction ends? Because I have seen none of the coins host an exchange until coins are distributed by auctioning/ICO/IPO finishes. If yes, then you have to wait a long to start your buy/sell thread again.

and some dumbass stick his head right into dev's ass.

bid auction is the most stupid distribution ever.

funny thing is i was talking with the dev in pm about perhaps putting the faucet back up and discussing a way to make it less manipulated and easy , but its his coin, it's his choice, i aint gonna act like a cry baby because of what he decides about his own project

can you stop acting like some 5 year old that has pissed all over himself for a bit? just a bit you can continue being a moron later if you so desire

Lets try and get an actual discussion going between people in this thread, not complaining about how such and such a method is bad, but what the best alternative would be , something that the most people here would agree to and propose that to the dev
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

this what ure doing now is motivated only by desire to quick profit. imho you're making a mistake.
why not just place ads on site and earn revenue from it, there was some insane traffic lately and i think it would continue for a long time.
much better option than to just kill the project with one move.
Hey.. DEV

Why dont you put back the faucet distribution online again...

It's get more conflict here... Grin

funny thing is i was talking with the dev in pm about perhaps putting the faucet back up and discussing a way to make it less manipulated and easy , but its his coin, it's his choice, i aint gonna act like a cry baby because of what he decides about his own project

Yes i agree with you man..

But i'm so enjoying solving captcha and make money..

But its turn 180 degree when this coin lot of interest..

Thats i dont like..

yeah its disappointing to some, some are upset, some people are sitting in their own shit screaming and crying about the decision   Cheesy

but most people are thinking about themselves , "i can no longer claim these free coins and get my free money"

I am more concerned for the health of the coin and its development into the future , With what was going on there was quite a few people hiring small armies to claim coins for them, now i should add , some where doing so honestly and some were doing it to lie and get extr money quick, but that effect that happened wasn't good for the longevity of the coin , so while i am also disappointed about the faucet , the coins longevity and continued existence and development is more important.

The fact of the matter is , the dev is in charge of his own coin and it's his decision what he wants to do , i don't completely agree with it but i am not going to aggressively complain about it , attacking and insulting and claiming shit that just aint true . I will sit back and relax, see what happens in the next week or so , if there is something that goes wrong , then suggest perhaps something else .

The thing is , if everyone on this thread got together and spoke in a normal manner to each other , discussed the pro's and con's of each implementation , created a dialogue of what would make the most amount of people happy or at least not as upset , while having the thought of the continued existence of the coin as the main driving force of those decisions , he is a good enough person to look at those ideas and look at maybe implementing them , but a majority of people came on here screaming and crying cos they can no longer get free monies  
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
where is windows wallet or exchange ?

Jump to: