Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 117. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
October 01, 2013, 04:03:12 PM
Perhaps this will be a CPU mined coin after all. Undecided
And that's how it should be after all! Tongue
'Cause that is horribly efficient... you DO realize CPU hashrate took a dive as well, right?
ofc i do
Activity: 275
October 01, 2013, 03:56:59 PM

'Cause that is horribly efficient... you DO realize CPU hashrate took a dive as well, right?
October 01, 2013, 03:51:32 PM
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
October 01, 2013, 03:38:40 PM
... hitting just under 9k/sec on a 7950... maybe once the difficulty drops quite a bit we can get somewhere like after the last drop... it's gonna take a couple weeks though and network hashrate is under 1 meg...

So maybe it's not just me.  Shocked   I'm getting about 17 kh/sec total with a system containing two 7950 (was getting 66 kh/s before the change) and figured something must be wrong with my settings. 

Is anyone doing better than 9kh/sec per 7950?  Perhaps this will be a CPU mined coin after all. Undecided
Activity: 275
October 01, 2013, 03:25:14 PM
I think the next n-change will be really interresting. It would surprice me if anything changes much, but if it doesn't change after this it probably won't change in the future either.

Yeah, interesting as in it sucked.... hashrate is appx. 25% what it was and it was horrible before... hitting just under 9k/sec on a 7950... maybe once the difficulty drops quite a bit we can get somewhere like after the last drop... it's gonna take a couple weeks though and network hashrate is under 1 meg...
October 01, 2013, 02:57:49 PM
yacexplorer.tk is down
seems to be a DNS issue, http://ec2-54-247-145-77.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/ is running just fine
EDIT: even http://yacexplorer.tk is up again, i didn't do anything
Activity: 280
October 01, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
In addition, I also want to say thank-you to St.Bit for taking the time (and giving away his own coins) to help promote YAC.  I hope the following donation helps you continue your efforts.
Thank you.
At the current rate this should fund my giveaway thread it for quite a while.

EDIT:
yacexplorer.tk is down
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
October 01, 2013, 08:31:49 AM
Thanks aso118!!!
October 01, 2013, 03:00:55 AM
I wanted to take a quick moment and say thank you to Joe and Sarion for all of your hard work you've been putting into continuing developing YAC.  I'm not a 'big player' but I would like to show my appreciation for all of your efforts.
Thanks a lot! Smiley
Activity: 274
September 30, 2013, 10:56:03 PM

Maybe you are right, maybe I should just wait for a bit. when I check the hashespersec it says 0. Does that also mean that I am not POS?

I never paid attention to that number but I don't think it relates to POS. Most likely it's POW hashing which you aren't doing with the client.
Activity: 115
September 30, 2013, 10:43:51 PM
I'm having trouble getting any POS on my Qt Wallet. I have coins over 30 days and nothing. I have client version v0.4.0.0-g2nd-yac-wm-alphan, does that make a difference? I do not know what could be going wring with the POS. I always though that they would just come on their own when I hit coins of 30 day age. Help. Thanks all.

There may not be any problem and just needs time. How often you get POS interest seem to relate to how old are the coins and how many coins you have. When I first tried to get POS after a bit over a month, I waited for days to see it once. From 2 months on, it happens quite regularly.

Maybe you are right, maybe I should just wait for a bit. when I check the hashespersec it says 0. Does that also mean that I am not POS?
Activity: 274
September 30, 2013, 10:41:39 PM
I'm having trouble getting any POS on my Qt Wallet. I have coins over 30 days and nothing. I have client version v0.4.0.0-g2nd-yac-wm-alphan, does that make a difference? I do not know what could be going wring with the POS. I always though that they would just come on their own when I hit coins of 30 day age. Help. Thanks all.

There may not be any problem and just needs time. How often you get POS interest seem to relate to how old are the coins and how many coins you have. When I first tried to get POS after a bit over a month, I waited for days to see it once. From 2 months on, it happens quite regularly.
September 30, 2013, 10:27:11 PM
Did you remember to unlock your wallet?   Inside the wallet go to 'Help' then Debug window.   Then type 'walletpassphrase' *your password* '999999999'   Then you should see the lock in the bottom right corner 'open.'  Your wallet will then be open for minting.  (Don't worry unlocking doesn't make it 'unsecure' - it is only unlocked for minting Smiley)

What you posted effectively unlocks the wallet, mint only is like this:
Code:
 'walletpassphrase' *your password* '999999999' TRUE

Hey I have another question, will my wallet still be encrypted? Just curious, if I would still have to put in the pass phrase to create new addresses or send coin? Thanks
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2013, 10:25:21 PM
Did you remember to unlock your wallet?   Inside the wallet go to 'Help' then Debug window.   Then type 'walletpassphrase' *your password* '999999999'   Then you should see the lock in the bottom right corner 'open.'  Your wallet will then be open for minting.  (Don't worry unlocking doesn't make it 'unsecure' - it is only unlocked for minting Smiley)

What you posted effectively unlocks the wallet, mint only is like this:
Code:
 'walletpassphrase' *your password* '999999999' TRUE
September 30, 2013, 10:23:43 PM

Thanks for the hint but the strange thing is that I have never locked my wallet. I will do it now, since I know that it does not affect pos, Thank. But I have never locked it and still no POS, any other ideas and to why it might not work?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 30, 2013, 09:59:24 PM
I wanted to take a quick moment and say thank you to Joe and Sarion for all of your hard work you've been putting into continuing developing YAC.  I'm not a 'big player' but I would like to show my appreciation for all of your efforts.

Donation to Joe_Bauers (1,000 YAC): http://yacexplorer.tk/tx/3c33540a7adf6c08ab968862140d39e5b77a31999f21719957ef4689c3c69751#o0
Donation to Sar (1,000 YAC): http://yacexplorer.tk/tx/181038261a9423b7057c3f20b2c44070af292edbf28eacb1afa993191d368ed7#o1

I look forward the future you both bring to YAC.  Smiley

In addition, I also want to say thank-you to St.Bit for taking the time (and giving away his own coins) to help promote YAC.  I hope the following donation helps you continue your efforts. Smiley

Donation to St.Bit's 'Gimme some YAC' (~500 YAC): http://yacexplorer.tk/tx/29231144056a1928ba54485d139914f39c5fada1fb117c1b0f9ff90d331ef511#o1

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 30, 2013, 09:23:12 PM
September 30, 2013, 08:56:23 PM
September 29, 2013, 04:00:42 PM
... and also partly because I suspect more important decisions will never be made.

I hope you are wrong about this.

This might be to far outside the box yet, but I hope we will be able to vote on really important stuff in the future. It's unlikely that all fundermental constants in YAC (n-increase,POS reward,blocks/hr,...) will perfectly fit forever and won't need adjustments ever again. I'm not even advicing to change anything at all, but soly the ability to vote such things could be very beneficial in the future.

As you might have noticed I want to built up a voting system based on my giveaway thread. All suitable adresses will be collected there and with the help of CC and a simple script votes could be transparent and fair*. If I could get enough (important) people of the YAC community to get there and sign that message this would help enourmously.

Please get your free YACs by signing a message for me:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gimme-some-yac-300152

*)I'm against weighting every vote equal, but that's someting the community would have to decide later on. As long as we have no upcoming votes (the logo is already decided, live with it) noone has incentives to push for a system that vavours a specivic result.

September 29, 2013, 03:32:35 PM
There is more elegant solution. I'll remove all my YACoin-related posts and myself from this whole YACoin debate and community. Bye!
You really want to make somthing trivial as a logo decision in a do it my way or without me?! Take a few days off and think again.

I agree with most of your argument on the logo debate and liked your imput, but if you can't accept the community to make a different decision you have a problem (not the community). I never saw the logo as viral to YAC's survival, but having a good commuity that can discuss, vote, stick to the results and move on is. That's far more important than having a good logo or any decision itself.

The choosen logo isn't perfect, but it isn't soo terrible either. I also would like to have the other choosen, but noone is so important to rule over the opinion of the majority. Live with it is better that live without it, but that's your call.

Good luck.

Back on topic, this will definitely be interesting!
Upps, I just saw that too late.

I think the next n-change will be really interresting. It would surprice me if anything changes much, but if it doesn't change after this it probably won't change in the future either.
Jump to: