Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 118. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
September 29, 2013, 03:00:29 PM
Anyone have thoughts on the next NfFactor change coming up tomorrow?  Someone must have a good idea on the effect on GPU and CPU mining... you can simulate it right?

Another point... I believe the lifeblood of yacoin's future success is instilled in those computer geniuses keeping the software upgrade and updated.  Joe and Sairon and anyone else contributing, many thanks for what you do.  I think your efforts also benefit the entire cryptocurrency community and bring us steps closer to realizing a true free market the world has never seen... the free market of money!  

Anyone who STUBBORNLY believes that the symbol of such an endeavor of monumental significance should/could be based on a cartoon-ish representation of an already funny-looking animal deserves to be the loser he already is and will never reach personal success with such flawed perspective... just saying.

It is great to see YaCoin and the community evolve and advance into better things!
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
September 29, 2013, 02:53:57 PM
Only 1 day (and 3.5 hours) left to next Nfactor change!
Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be yet another crazy hashrate ride off a cliff.

Back on topic, this will definitely be interesting!
GCVMMWH
September 29, 2013, 02:52:05 PM

If the only thing you don't like about the new logo is the shape, then submit a new one? As long as it's the same colours and logo as the winner of the vote, then I will consider it.

There is more elegant solution. I'll remove all my YACoin-related posts and myself from this whole YACoin debate and community. Bye!

Since you're obviously one of the many sheep who will complain about things they don't like, yet do nothing about it except complain, then removing yourself from this and/or any other community that you're "part" of, works for me  Cool
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
September 29, 2013, 01:17:43 PM
Only 1 day (and 3.5 hours) left to next Nfactor change!
Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be yet another crazy hashrate ride off a cliff.
GCVMMWH
September 29, 2013, 12:44:43 PM

If the only thing you don't like about the new logo is the shape, then submit a new one? As long as it's the same colours and logo as the winner of the vote, then I will consider it.
Activity: 274
September 28, 2013, 07:55:48 PM
Still arguing about the logo? I personally have no interest at all in these arguments.

My gut feeling is as far as issues with somewhat diverse opinions go, the logo and expanded name could be the two most important decisions that would ever be made for YACoin post launch. It's partly because I think how things look and sound are important, and also partly because I suspect more important decisions will never be made.
GCVMMWH
September 28, 2013, 10:00:58 AM
New logo is way too generic and trendy, and now practically replicated and to be used with another altcoin

I respect your opinion, so..... come up with something better?

No offense to whoever created the yak_giving_birth logo, but to me it looks like it was done by an eight year old.. The new logo might be a similar layout to others, but if was done by a professional and looks as much. Also, the yak logo never won a vote, it was just what those who run yacoin.org decided they like the best.

No matter what, there's this->
“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
Activity: 280
September 28, 2013, 09:04:06 AM
Back to YACoin logo debate. The reason ...
At first it was entertaining, but now it's just anoying.
What is annoying is unknowns deciding on a logo of a coin which I supported from day 1 and invested shitload of money and time into, and it is extra annoying that opinion of person who is professional designer ...
I can understand your frustration with the new logo, but there will be always someone frustrated with a decision made. Arguing about the method the vote was conducted is fine, but results must be out of debate or we won't be able to make decisions at all.
You wouldn't accept a new vote when your logo would have won, but the majority that botherd to vote sould have to accept it? What if you won't win the next vote, how often should we have to vote on this? Untill you win?

For the code stuff the public opinion is that Joe should handle it, on the logo it clearly isn't than you should! It was him btw who decided that we vote on the logo. You don't accept Joe`s decision to vote and the decision of everyone voted for, it seems the only thing you accept is what you want yourself. Grow up.

it just looks like yet another bullshit coin logo.
+1

I hope a lot of people see now why my previous points on finding a good way to vote are important. Only transparent votingresults can end a discusion like this and let us move on. Voting on bitcointalk is a very bad way to vote, so please support my efforts to get to a better voting mechanism:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gimme-some-yac-300152

All you have to do is sign a message and you even get some free coins for your efforts. The transactions will be conservated into the blockchain and once we have a list of adresses/names we can find a good way to make votes count. I'd go for send a coin to a votingadress and a script that filters out double votes, but that hasen't be decidet yet. It could be 1vote/acc or valuing people different,etc ... It doesn't matter unless it's previously agreed on and results are final.

Maby we even revote on the damm logo with this, but only if we get enough people to register their adress.
September 28, 2013, 09:02:47 AM
What is annoying is unknowns deciding on a logo of a coin which I supported from day 1 and invested shitload of money and time into, and it is extra annoying that opinion of person who is professional designer ...

I can understand your frustration with the new logo, but there will be always someone frustrated with a decision made. Arguing about the method the vote was conducted is fine, but results must be out of debate or we won't be able to make decisions at all.
You wouldn't accept a new vote when your logo would have won, but the majority that botherd to vote sould have to accept it? What if you won't win the next vote, how often should we have to vote on this? Untill you win?

For the code stuff the public opinion is that Joe should handle it, on the logo it clearly isn't than you should! It was him btw who decided that we vote on the logo. You don't accept Joe`s decision to vote and the decision of everyone voted for, it seems the only thing you accept is what you want yourself. Grow up.

I hope a lot of people see now why my previous points on finding a good way to vote are important. Only transparent votingresults can end a discusion like this and let us move on. Voting on bitcointalk is a very bad way to vote, so please support my efforts to get to a better voting mechanism:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gimme-some-yac-300152

All you have to do is sign a message and you even get some free coins for your efforts. The transactions will be conservated into the blockchain and once we have a list of adresses/names we can find a good way to make votes count. I'd go for send a coin to a votingadress and a script that filters out double votes, but that hasen't be decidet yet. It could be 1vote/acc or valuing people different,etc ... It doesn't matter unless it's previously agreed on and results are final.

Maby we even revote on the damm logo again, but only if we get enough people to register their adress.
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
September 28, 2013, 06:32:53 AM
So speeding up the PoS minting and SHOWING via the CPU usage it's actually doing something would be good IMO..
No! That's totally against the whole point of PoS minting.

Besides, it wouldn't change anything in the long run, because an increase in PoS computing power would eventually lead to a higher PoS difficulty.
It wouldn't affect PoS diff at all when averaged over a few blocks.

Think globally. A single client using lots of hashpower to generate PoS blocks with only a few coins in the wallet won't change the difficulty much.
But if you change the official client to speed up PoS minting, then everybody will use the higher hashrate, and then difficulty will rise.
You can mint as much PoS blocks as you have PoS-eligible inputs - and that takes time. A lot of time. (Also, I've got a feeling that PoS diff is static.)
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
In POS we trust
September 28, 2013, 03:24:38 AM
New logo is way too generic and trendy, and now practically replicated and to be used with another altcoin. No problem? If so, you are idiot.
+1

it just looks like yet another bullshit coin logo. I like the Yak because it is different and etablished since a while. I can understand people liking the hexagonal logos, because they are also different than standard junk logos and you can recognise it quickly. But think about he new logo: When someone uses this logo in a shop that accepts lots of different coins, lots of s people will miss the YACoin Logo because it looks like every other coin. People will end up paying with bitcon, litecoin or whatever just because they didnt see that also YACoin is accepted. IMHO it is just dumb and doing no good to YACoin when this logo is used (especially if main pages like Yacoin.org and Yacointalk.com stick to the old logo).
September 27, 2013, 04:19:04 PM

Everyone was heard and could post ideas, we decided that we will vote here on the logo and we voted. No further reasoning needed.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
September 27, 2013, 11:41:57 AM
I've compiled it, and optimized with native/O3 flags lol (doubt it'll help with PoS)
I'll try copying my .dat, seems simple enough.

Thanks guys!
GCVMMWH
September 27, 2013, 11:24:13 AM
Is it a good idea to send all my coins to a new address to start POS minting?
I switched to Ubuntu now, and I have my old .dat file and also can dual boot win, so I was thinking of doing that.

If you send them to a new address, the POS mining date starts over - I would just use the old wallet.

I thought the small transactions would be worse, since I mined most of the coins, then bought some more.

How can I import my wallet dat? Just copy and place it inside the yacoin folder in my home directory?

If you've already compiled YACoin in Ubuntu, then replace the wallet.dat in .yacoin That's a hidden folder, so you will need to show hidden folder in whatever file manager you have.

If you haven't compiled yet, just create a .yacoin folder in home and copy your wallet.dat there. Then compile.  
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
In POS we trust
September 27, 2013, 11:22:44 AM
I would dump the privkey of your YAC adress
Code:
dumpprivkey 
and then import it on the new machine
Code:
importprivkey  [label]
after that yacoin usually crashes (at least it always did when I imported vanitygen adresses), but when you restart yacoin the new adress should be added to it
September 27, 2013, 10:21:37 AM
I switched to Ubuntu now, and I have my old .dat file and also can dual boot win, so I was thinking of doing that.

If you send them to a new address, the POS mining date starts over - I would just use the old wallet.

I thought the small transactions would be worse, since I mined most of the coins, then bought some more.

How can I import my wallet dat? Just copy and place it inside the yacoin folder in my home directory?
Activity: 149
Merit: 102
September 27, 2013, 10:16:49 AM

You need at least 10 YAC per address, so this may be required if you have lots of small change on different addresses.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
September 27, 2013, 10:02:38 AM

September 27, 2013, 09:47:44 AM
Activity: 149
Merit: 102
September 27, 2013, 04:59:45 AM
So speeding up the PoS minting and SHOWING via the CPU usage it's actually doing something would be good IMO..
No! That's totally against the whole point of PoS minting.

Besides, it wouldn't change anything in the long run, because an increase in PoS computing power would eventually lead to a higher PoS difficulty.
It wouldn't affect PoS diff at all when averaged over a few blocks.

Think globally. A single client using lots of hashpower to generate PoS blocks with only a few coins in the wallet won't change the difficulty much.
But if you change the official client to speed up PoS minting, then everybody will use the higher hashrate, and then difficulty will rise.

It's just a waste of electricity if you have your client running 24/7 anyways (but can actually save electricity when you launch your pc for just a few minutes to get your PoS rewards).

True.
Jump to: