Pages:
Author

Topic: Anonymous reloadable prepaid plastic VISA ATM cards with own IBAN - page 5. (Read 159211 times)

Activity: 653
Merit: 217
I doubt any seller could do much. This member even went to Poland and asked for his money at a branch. They didn't give him his money: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8905377

Look in that thread, there is a list of emails on two or three posts. At least a member got his money back, by spamming those emails with complains, including regulators.

Or join with other members and hire a polish lawyer to threat Mbank with a class action. A simple threat will do, it won't be necessary to go to court, so cheaper fees of the lawyer.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100

By the way, you can get these cards much cheaper on other places. Look around.

But it would be good to have some support when you need it.

If the seller can somehow avoid the mess we're having with mBank it's worth paying an extra.
Forget about Mateo, I doubt he will show up again. This mess wasn't his fault, but it seems he just went away ("to an hospital").

There are three or four sellers selling these cards at the forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0), but don't buy cards from Mbank, buy cards from Zachodni WBK bank. But WBK also freeze cards sometimes, especially if you abuse the withdrawals at an ATM. They like people that buy things with the cards, because their fees are higher and they suspect that people that only do withdrawals, taking out all money at once, are cleaning money.

By the way, you can get these cards much cheaper on other places. Look around.

These cards can't be use to send money, just to receive money by a regular SEPA transfer and pay things online and at shops.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey i have some Questions:
- How can i pay the money out?
- Which would be the best card for me, i live in Germany and would to Send and Recive money?
- Can i recive Money like i recive it with an normal Bank Kart?
Activity: 3
Hello, what is the conclusion then?
I wanted to buy one of those prepaid cards. I'm going on holidays next month and don't want to take my proper credit card with me.
But I'm confused after reading this forum...

Should I buy it from Mateo?
Or from Podex?

Any advice?
I'll appreciate help.
Activity: 137
Mateo one of my cards has been blocked, what do I do?

Its a Zachodni one

Mateo was very promissing but he turned out a disappointment at all levels.
Activity: 271
Merit: 101
Mateo one of my cards has been blocked, what do I do?

Its a Zachodni one
The reason is: Prepaid cards from Mbank is only created to USE IN POLAND.

Everytime they see a card used outside poland they block it..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775730.new#new

That explication doesn't explain why there are polish cards in euros, USDs and british pounds. These were clearly to be used out of Poland. At most, one could say the cards were to be used abroad by polish or polish residents, as they seem to have said https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-unblock-your-mbank-visa-prepaid-cards-775730.

But it seems this is a new policy, because:
a) Their website to check cards have several languages.
b) As far as I can recall, their agreement says nothing about the cards being allowed only to residents.
c) To limit their financial services to polish citizens is a clear violation of European Law that demand equality between all european citizens.

And some cards that were only used abroad and were recharged using foreigner banking accounts are still working.

They are just making excuses to keep some money.

There was never a policy for use only in Poland or by Polish citizens only.

They say that because they can't block cards from polish users or their branches would be on fire right now.

Scammer users (polish or international) won't complain because they know they are scammers and it's pure profit for mBank.

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
How do you load these cards in general? By IBAN, for sure. But how can you easiest load the bitcoins to the card? For example, Bitstamp can send funds directly to this card, or does it work like Bitstamp > bank account > card?
It is pretty much the same as how you send money to a bank account. You key in IBAN, Bank code, branch address and you can make up any name and address. Any exchange that is able to do SEPA or international bank wire can load the card. You can also look around the forum or localbitcoin to find people to load money for bitcoins. However, these cards are not working currently.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
How do you load these cards in general? By IBAN, for sure. But how can you easiest load the bitcoins to the card? For example, Bitstamp can send funds directly to this card, or does it work like Bitstamp > bank account > card?
Activity: 520
Merit: 500

Guys they are just making shit up.

One day is one thing tomorrow is another.

That explication doesn't explain why there are polish cards in euros, USDs and british pounds. These were clearly to be used out of Poland. At most, one could say the cards were to be used abroad by polish or polish residents, as they seem to have said https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-unblock-your-mbank-visa-prepaid-cards-775730.

But it seems this is a new policy, because:
a) Their website to check cards have several languages.
b) As far as I can recall, their agreement says nothing about the cards being allowed only to residents.
c) To limit their financial services to polish citizens is a clear violation of European Law that demand equality between all european citizens.

And some cards that were only used abroad and were recharged using foreigner banking accounts are still working.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I have just cashout from ATM machine (not in Poland) from one of the about 15x EUR currency card I had in the past year.
All 15x cards were used in the same way: loaded via bank wire (sometimes a single card could have been loaded even from more then one source) and cashout at ATM machine (or RARELY pay at restaurants/hotels/shops) none in Poland.
Perhaps do I have bought from lucky seller?  Huh By the way I am going to cashout completely hopefully I am still in time
Activity: 18

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I bought 25cards + from Mateo..

Some works some does not..

unfortunately the cards with money is blocked. around 7+ cards, with minimum 300€++ , some cards with 700€..

I would really really appreciate some help here...

how have been cards locked funded? Is the "usage" related to the lock? Loading cards via bank wire and withdraw at ATM can be a issue? Or only paypal, skrill registration attempts?
In past I was used to use WBK and those were easy locked...while 0 problem so far with mBank (used about 20x in the last 1 year)...but now after read that I am running to cashout money to atm machine....

edit:
also is there a card currency more "prone" to get locked? Perhaps those different then PLN are more easy locked?
Activity: 18
I bought 25cards + from Mateo..

Some works some does not..

unfortunately the cards with money is blocked. around 7+ cards, with minimum 300€++ , some cards with 700€..

I would really really appreciate some help here...
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
lOl, all 10 of mine work. the funds in them can be used, but i'm not going to chance sending more.
As for the bank, yeah, they're requiring full KYC compliance now to unblock the cards that have been blocked.

Could you please enquire how full KYC can be done without visiting them in person? That's a very unreasonable request, even since they asked nothing to get our money.
Alternatively how can the funds in blocked cards be recovered?
Best wishes for your recovery.

That's the thing, they want people to come to the bank personally, even though at first they said, sending ID digitally would be enough. I don't know if they're under pressure to do so, or just want to steal people's money, because they themselves realize that this is not a reasonable request. I'm gonna be trying to find a way for people to at least get their money back, that's now stuck on the cards. I'll let people know on this thread if something comes up, but so far things don't look very promising.

Any developments on your research?
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
ok, so i have an mbank card on the way should i refuse it and get my money back? i asked the seller if i could connect it to paypal and they said of course. they said it was an anonymous card but kyc is the oposite of that? what should i do? it is the better of the two cards that are offered from mbank.... should i use a europian version of paypal?

like ok pay? even though i dont know what ok pay is? can somebody start a thread that really breaks this down. please. then pm me link

Yes, you should refuse it and get your money back because this card is useless now.

Buy a BZ card instead.

There's already a thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mbank-cards-being-blocked-thread-746065

Read it and draw your own conclusions.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
ok, so i have an mbank card on the way should i refuse it and get my money back? i asked the seller if i could connect it to paypal and they said of course. they said it was an anonymous card but kyc is the oposite of that? what should i do? it is the better of the two cards that are offered from mbank.... should i use a europian version of paypal?

like ok pay? even though i dont know what ok pay is? can somebody start a thread that really breaks this down. please. then pm me link
Pages:
Jump to: