Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 8. (Read 128923 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi

It should just run on 1 blade. Like 1 of mine does on 3 blades.

This is the reply from my ticket!

Hi,

unfortunately, USA center has none of the items you are looking for in stock.

Well! Got a lovely paper weight!

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Well it's a bust.  But at least I tried.

Is there anyway to SSH into the C1 and make it where just 1 of the blades will be used?
legendary
Well I decided to do it tonight.  It takes a while to do.  First draining it is a pain.

Well I ended up doing a long but good way.  Took the hashing boards out, then used a cleaning solution, then a purify solution.  Then put a small amount of paste going for even on each chip.

Now I just sit and wait to see what happens.  2 boards worked right off.  Other 2 I'm hoping after the thermal paste warms up will start working.  Worth a shot.
legendary
I have had one sitting in my parts just did not have the time to try to fix it.    Today I ordered some new thermal paste, and some stuff to clean old one off.  And I will try to reuse the cooling liquid, but have a extra of it in case I have trouble saving all the old coolant when taking apart.

Should get parts twords end of week.  So hopefully it turns into a weekend project.  Guess we will see if it makes it or of I do something else.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
............ - Would like to see a 2x S5 hashboard setup in a C1 case - That must be possible looking at the S5 control board - 4 chains??

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-refused-from-s9-warranty-buy-at-your-own-risk-914354
legendary
Hi,

I had made a ticket but they said they have no stock!

I am chasing another lead at the moment, hopefully it will be fruitful! Smiley

If all else fails I may be PM'ing you for a price Smiley

Beauty of the C1's is how quiet they are. Ok the 0.8w/GHS is not ideal, but its manageable. - Would like to see a 2x S5 hashboard setup in a C1 case - That must be possible looking at the S5 control board - 4 chains??

I will update here when I find out more Smiley

I'm suprised no stock.  But I guess they did make a lot less then S3's.   So I could see it happening.

But yea we might be able to work something out.  I have a controller board that works perfect.   Hashing boards got unreliable so I started process of putting new paste on it....  and it's been sitting on a desk waiting on me.   I will be honest I'm not sure if we would be able to come together on a number as if I sell that my project would have lots of parts sitting there and I could not make it into a proper miner again.
Hi,

I had made a ticket but they said they have no stock!

I am chasing another lead at the moment, hopefully it will be fruitful! Smiley

If all else fails I may be PM'ing you for a price Smiley

Beauty of the C1's is how quiet they are. Ok the 0.8w/GHS is not ideal, but its manageable. - Would like to see a 2x S5 hashboard setup in a C1 case - That must be possible looking at the S5 control board - 4 chains??

I will update here when I find out more Smiley
legendary
Hopefully the image showed you the fried chips :/

(main chip in middle with a star formation burnt into the silicon and U4 (bottom right of main chip)- bulged and blackened)

The BBB shows no power light, I have tried to hard wire the BBB and I do get a brief power light flash but nothing else. - no constant information to keep the board on I am guessing.

Ask Bitmain if you can send a C1 miner in for repair.

(Let them worry about where to find you a new one, if needed, or repair yours.)

BTW
I tried to purchase that controller card from them last year, that was the one C1 component that
they wouldn't let me purchase ... probably for proprietary reasons.

I was going to convert my 2x S3s into a C1 but, I couldn't without that controller.

It would not hurt to try and make a ticket.   Asking never hurt anyone.

I happen to have a C1 in my part's bin I have not had time to fix.  Doubt anyone would pay what I would want.   But does have a perect controller board.

If you can get bitmain to sell just the controller though that is cheapest way.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

(main chip in middle with a star formation burnt into the silicon and U4 (bottom right of main chip)- bulged and blackened)

The BBB shows no power light, I have tried to hard wire the BBB and I do get a brief power light flash but nothing else. - no constant information to keep the board on I am guessing.

Ask Bitmain if you can send a C1 miner in for repair.

(Let them worry about where to find you a new one, if needed, or repair yours.)

BTW
I tried to purchase that controller card from them last year, that was the one C1 component that
they wouldn't let me purchase ... probably for proprietary reasons.

I was going to convert my 2x S3s into a C1 but, I couldn't without that controller.

legendary
I have a fried controller Card assembly - the miner is dead without it.

What makes you sure you fried it?   Did you see anything to indicate electricity?

I still think it would be worth a shot of redoing SD card unless your 100 percent sure no power is getting to BBB.
legendary
I'm surprised they don't have any controller boards.  I do not think they are changeable from S3.  If you have 2 C1's on some firmware you are able to run 4 blades on 1 controller.  So if you have a second C1 this is way to go.

Have you tried reinstalling on the SD card and see if that makes the board come back to life?

This is not possible.
C1 always has four plate.

Thank you! I had the S3 in my head.

Tupsu is correct it uses all 4 spots.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I'm surprised they don't have any controller boards.  I do not think they are changeable from S3.  If you have 2 C1's on some firmware you are able to run 4 blades on 1 controller.  So if you have a second C1 this is way to go.

Have you tried reinstalling on the SD card and see if that makes the board come back to life?

This is not possible.
C1 always has four plate.
each C1's are from different batches. - different hashboard Sad   (v1.1)

http://www.ssithosting.co.uk/antminer/S3CtrlBoard.jpg

No power gets to the beagle board.

I thought the C1's hasboards are S3 boards just running @ 250Ghs rather than @220Ghs

legendary
Antminer C1 Controller Board

The Beagle board is dead (i believe) but the green board the beagle sits on is fried!

I have searched ebay but there are no controller cards listed

Can An S3 controller board be setup to work 2 of the 4 C1 hashboards ?

This C1 hashboards are "S3 Hash Board V1.5"
This C1 Controller board is "S3 CtrlBoard v1"

Bitmain support informs me that is a discontinued model - I am sure they would have some controller boards in a box somewhere that they want to sell! Smiley

Any help will be fantastic!

Antminer C1 Controller Board

The Beagle board is dead (i believe) but the green board the beagle sits on is fried!

I have searched ebay but there are no controller cards listed

Can An S3 controller board be setup to work 2 of the 4 C1 hashboards ?

This C1 hashboards are "S3 Hash Board V1.5"
This C1 Controller board is "S3 CtrlBoard v1"

Bitmain support informs me that is a discontinued model - I am sure they would have some controller boards in a box somewhere that they want to sell! Smiley

Any help will be fantastic!

legendary
Trying Nicehash 4.9 extra nonce firmware

Freq 256.25 at 0665 volts...

Im getting around 300gh at a much lower temp at current than normal. 45 c instead of 55 c

Fan noise approx half..

Has anyone started hacking these or S4's yet, Like the S1 has pencil mods the increase the efficiency???

I'll have to put a kill o watt on it at a later date for at the wall..

UPDATE

After about 20 mins i had some chips xxxx out, Will retest tomorrow.

Ive tried it and it does work for me personally.  But I only used it when nicehash way paying a huge premium.   I run the normal firmware most of the time just as I like to run an official release.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
Im getting around 300gh at a much lower temp at current than normal.

300gh??? The C1 do 1000gh by default.

I was trying an undervolt not underclock..
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
Im getting around 300gh at a much lower temp at current than normal.

300gh??? The C1 do 1000gh by default.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
Trying Nicehash 4.9 extra nonce firmware

Freq 256.25 at 0665 volts...

Im getting around 300gh at a much lower temp at current than normal. 45 c instead of 55 c

Fan noise approx half..

Has anyone started hacking these or S4's yet, Like the S1 has pencil mods the increase the efficiency???

I'll have to put a kill o watt on it at a later date for at the wall..

UPDATE

After about 20 mins i had some chips xxxx out, Will retest tomorrow.
Pages:
Jump to: