Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 86. (Read 129054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
November 12, 2014, 10:22:45 PM
sold out.

Why does it keep going in and out of stock? I've seen it turn green several times, then back to gray.

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
November 12, 2014, 09:13:46 PM
sold out.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
November 12, 2014, 09:09:36 PM
EDIT: I downloaded the SD image, are there instructions online anywhere on how to flash the chip? I'm just preparing.
Also, important question. WILL THERE BE ANY FAULTY CABLES SHIPPED IN THIS BATCH?
Thanks

You don't need to do anything with the SD card or image, a copy is there just in case. Cable problems were solved a week ago or so, they've been asked to test them all before shipping.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 12, 2014, 09:08:51 PM

Something else to consider is what is the power consumed by both the miner and the cooling unit combined? It would be nice for someone to review the true numbers at the wall. No employee reviews please.

823W   PSU Corsair RM1000 220V

Thank you!

So effectively, it's close to an S3. Perhaps a little more but not significantly.

Sounds about right, the pump is 15W and the 3 radiator fans are 12W combined.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2014, 09:04:19 PM
They probably aren't making so many of them, since it is hard to justify $500 plus all the extras for only 1TH/s. Even Spondoolie lowered their price on their SP20 %40, but some are having problems. I guess everyone is having problems.

Antminer C1 Batch2  was 400USD+shipping

... which is about $500 to the US.  I just spec'd it out about an hour before it went out of stock.

M
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
November 12, 2014, 08:58:28 PM
They probably aren't making so many of them, since it is hard to justify $500 plus all the extras for only 1TH/s. Even Spondoolie lowered their price on their SP20 %40, but some are having problems. I guess everyone is having problems.

Antminer C1 Batch2  was 400USD+shipping
legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 12, 2014, 08:37:25 PM
ANTMINER C1 Batch 2 is Sold Out

legendary
November 12, 2014, 08:21:47 PM
ANTMINER C1 Batch 2 is Sold Out
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2014, 08:14:04 PM
I was thinking about getting one of these.  With shipping, without a PSU, without coolant, it's about $500.  That's a bit steep for 1 TH/s imho. 

M
legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 12, 2014, 07:51:04 PM
Are these pumps made to run 24/7 all the time? This is the only thing that is bothering me, is how is the quality of the pump? Also, just in case I do get one, where can I download the SD image/directions to flash the unit? It seems a lot of users had to do this. My laptops all have an SD card reader in them, so I'm good with that.

Thanks

EDIT: I downloaded the SD image, are there instructions online anywhere on how to flash the chip? I'm just preparing.
Also, important question. WILL THERE BE ANY FAULTY CABLES SHIPPED IN THIS BATCH?

Thanks
Activity: 112
November 12, 2014, 06:08:09 PM

Something else to consider is what is the power consumed by both the miner and the cooling unit combined? It would be nice for someone to review the true numbers at the wall. No employee reviews please.

Thank you!

So effectively, it's close to an S3. Perhaps a little more but not significantly.
legendary
November 12, 2014, 05:51:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 1456
November 12, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
Has anyone received a positive response for replacement pump from SysCooling.

My pump gave up too so C1 is sitting powered off.
I am at the moment afraid to buy another C1 even if it comes with cooling kit.

Here is my take on C1  
1. More easily stackable  (+) (as seen in the pictures in this forum)
2. Energy Efficiency (+) but same as S3
3 Shipping cost (-) ( too high USD99)
4. Point of failures (-) ( pump, radiator clogging etc.) more than S3

I somehow still like it more than S3, don't know why.

Also, unless you live on a concrete slab without any flooring that is susceptible to water damage, it would be advisable to put a large container under in the event of a leak. Damage to flooring and sub flooring can cost a great deal more.

On the miner you get lots of tubing.  I suggest giving little room between pump and miner.   I can speak first hand on this.  I am lucky I had enough room no coolant hit the miners.  It seems when it happens the coolant in water in pump and close in tube exits through pump.    

Once I get a pump back I can use a kill-a-watt.  I am hoping today syscooling sends a pump today, i will report in a day if i got a tracking number.
Activity: 112
November 12, 2014, 05:18:29 PM
Has anyone received a positive response for replacement pump from SysCooling.

My pump gave up too so C1 is sitting powered off.
I am at the moment afraid to buy another C1 even if it comes with cooling kit.

Here is my take on C1 
1. More easily stackable  (+) (as seen in the pictures in this forum)
2. Energy Efficiency (+) but same as S3
3 Shipping cost (-) ( too high USD99)
4. Point of failures (-) ( pump, radiator clogging etc.) more than S3

I somehow still like it more than S3, don't know why.

Also, unless you live on a concrete slab without any flooring that is susceptible to water damage, it would be advisable to put a large container under in the event of a leak. Damage to flooring and sub flooring can cost a great deal more.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 12, 2014, 05:08:18 PM
Website now says it INCLUDES the cooling kit. Is that correct?

Yes that is correct.     As dogie confirmed you need to buy coolant though.  (Not very expensive if you use his link i just bought 2 more bottles of it).
Activity: 841
Merit: 608
November 12, 2014, 04:23:52 PM
Website now says it INCLUDES the cooling kit. Is that correct?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 12, 2014, 01:31:54 PM
Hello Dogie

I need some help from you

I´m thinking in selling my SP-30 Unit i can´t stand the noise anymore i have it since August but i´m really getting tired of it so i may buy some C1 units from Bitmain but need some help

- Are they really 40db in terms of noise ??

- Must i have any concerns regarding the Pump on them ?? I see many users complaining regarding that matter , should we buy another better pump?

- Are they safe to be working in a house ?? I mean no risk of Hardware burn / Fire hazard ? I dont want to wake up in the middle of the night with some big fire. Mixing water with electronics sometimes is not very safe

Best regards

Its hard to qualify what 40db means to different people, but they're certainly quieter than an SP30.
Pumps do have a failure rate attached, but I wouldn't be worried.
Safe as any other miner, leaking coolant is going to at worse trip a fuse somewhere.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
November 12, 2014, 12:32:41 PM

Will the miner turn off if something happens with the liquid cooling system ?

I mean is there a option for the miner to turn off when it reaches some high temperature?? In order to prevent hardware burn/fire hazard??

Yes, the current one is 80C.

Hello Dogie

I need some help from you

I´m thinking in selling my SP-30 Unit i can´t stand the noise anymore i have it since August but i´m really getting tired of it so i may buy some C1 units from Bitmain but need some help

- Are they really 40db in terms of noise ??

- Must i have any concerns regarding the Pump on them ?? I see many users complaining regarding that matter , should we buy another better pump?

- Are they safe to be working in a house ?? I mean no risk of Hardware burn / Fire hazard ? I dont want to wake up in the middle of the night with some big fire. Mixing water with electronics sometimes is not very safe

Best regards

legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 12, 2014, 11:32:18 AM

I mean is there a option for the miner to turn off when it reaches some high temperature?? In order to prevent hardware burn/fire hazard??

Yes, the current one is 80C.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
November 12, 2014, 11:09:21 AM

Pages:
Jump to: