Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 82. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 348
Merit: 250
November 16, 2014, 12:46:52 AM
BITMAIN Promotion plan for S3+, S4 and C1
$50 coupon for S3+, $400 coupon for S4 and $50 coupon for C1 are issued to customers who ever bought miners from BITMAIN or our official distributors Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 15, 2014, 11:55:25 PM
OK....time to take a step back.  Here are my views on the overall theme.

C1s are great...compact, efficient, low noise, easy to configure (maybe have to reflash an SD card, but not really a big deal)...BUT, the overall cost (mostly due to shipping) is a concern.

There are some serious concerns with the cooling kits...both in terms of quality and shipping costs.

I completely disagree with others on this forum who defend the shipping currently being charged.

This really isn't rocket science. It costs a lot to ship "one offs" from China to the USA. It costs much less (on a per unit basis) to ship lots of units. BitMainTech and SysCooling should work with someone stateside to figure out how to do this right.  I will take myself out of the mix so there is no conflict of interest, but somebody should make a deal to get a bunch of these to the USA via an efficient shipping method and then resell/reship them to US buyers....and I promise you, you won't have to spend $70K to do so and should be able to cut a deal to make a nice profit. 

Happy Mining.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
November 15, 2014, 10:44:27 PM
Shipping cost to Hungary (UPS) 112 USD Huh  Shocked  This is nightmare !

Anyone know a dealer in Europe?

I bought a couple of them and had to pay $125 USD for shipping. I'm in the US and I really hope Bitmain just puts down broken computer parts on the customs sheet or something. Makes it go through customs quicker.

Thats not going to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
November 15, 2014, 10:21:19 PM

I bought a couple of them and had to pay $125 USD for shipping. I'm in the US and I really hope Bitmain just puts down broken computer parts on the customs sheet or something. Makes it go through customs quicker.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
November 15, 2014, 10:19:03 PM
What kind of connections do the radiator fans have on them? 3 pin, 4pin, or something else? I'm looking for an adapter that will power all the fans directly from my power supply and not have to go through the miner rig.

3 pin on the 3 radiator fans, 4 pin on the pump.

Ok thanks. Now just to look for a molex connector to a multi 3pin harness. Not trying to avoid using the harness, but more as a backup really.

Any generic fan controller will do that. Might have to cut a bit of the plastic on one of them to fit the 4 pin in but it will effectively give you 4x3pin to molex.

Having a tough time finding the adaptder. Just want to go from my power supply and plug the male part of the 4 pin molex into the femaie. Then on the other end plug the pump into it with the 4pin connector, hence not have to open up the C1 at all or use any harness.

Try this:
•Order a molex to fan power board (example http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415897694&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan   

I have those already. That's for a three pin. The pump is a 4 pin.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 15, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

It's about the same to the US.  Bitmain effectively priced themselves out of the market with that move.

*UPS. That's pretty much cost price.

I would be happy they are including kit.  I paid shipping separate on kit and shipping was almost as high as the kit.

Still no RMA pumps.  Guessing getting compensation for over a week of 2 not hashing will not happen.   
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 15, 2014, 04:10:23 PM

It's about the same to the US.  Bitmain effectively priced themselves out of the market with that move.

*UPS. That's pretty much cost price.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
November 15, 2014, 01:28:41 PM

M
Activity: 74
November 15, 2014, 12:55:24 PM
Anyone OCed their C1?

See page 6 - Post # 106
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 15, 2014, 12:53:47 PM

Is their cooling system OK and does it work fine? Is it good idea to purchase it? Depends some have had good luck.  I personally had one quit on pump, and one the wire harness burnt 2 board fan controller.  So needless to say they are not my favorite
Is that green liquid included? No you have to buy coolant separate
What is the price of all? $50 or $80? why they say $50 + $30 ?  Depends on shipping to you.  Shipping is very high there.  Goes down the more you buy but still high.

If they are not OK then from where should I buy cooling system for C1?
Also I didn't find coolant here: http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45

Unless you want to spend $200, there isn't another place.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Oh boy!
November 15, 2014, 12:52:07 PM
Anyone OCed their C1?
Activity: 172
November 15, 2014, 12:51:03 PM

Activity: 323
November 15, 2014, 12:40:57 PM

Is their cooling system OK and does it work fine? Is it good idea to purchase it? Depends some have had good luck.  I personally had one quit on pump, and one the wire harness burnt 2 board fan controller.  So needless to say they are not my favorite
What is the price of all? $50 or $80? why they say $50 + $30 ?  Depends on shipping to you.  Shipping is very high there.  Goes down the more you buy but still high.

If they are not OK then from where should I buy cooling system for C1?
Also I didn't find coolant here: http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45
legendary
November 15, 2014, 12:33:13 PM
Hello,

I have 4 x C1 and all are without cooling kit. I only started one of them but temprature of hashing boards goes over 80C and then they turns off. I have 2 x s4 too and they are fine in my room. Window is open and there is cool wind in the room.

Why it's temprature goes very high? because on site it says they should be on 40C in 25C room temprature and my room temptarure is 10C.

Then does it mean that I can not use them without cooling kit?
What if I open their cases and then run them?  Huh Undecided

What is full cooling system price?

I'm pretty sure they need a cooling system.  Otherwise they will overheat.

I think the first second post here has links to cooling systems.

M

Yes you need it.  Look at syscooling is one they have used.   Personally I would like to see someone put together a kit of one not from them.

Is their cooling system OK and does it work fine? Is it good idea to purchase it?
Is that green liquid included?
What is the price of all? $50 or $80? why they say $50 + $30 ?

Is their cooling system OK and does it work fine? Is it good idea to purchase it? Depends some have had good luck.  I personally had one quit on pump, and one the wire harness burnt 2 board fan controller.  So needless to say they are not my favorite
What is the price of all? $50 or $80? why they say $50 + $30 ?  Depends on shipping to you.  Shipping is very high there.  Goes down the more you buy but still high.
Activity: 318
November 15, 2014, 12:31:18 PM
Hello,

I have 4 x C1 and all are without cooling kit. I only started one of them but temprature of hashing boards goes over 80C and then they turns off. I have 2 x s4 too and they are fine in my room. Window is open and there is cool wind in the room.

Why it's temprature goes very high? because on site it says they should be on 40C in 25C room temprature and my room temptarure is 10C.

You cannot run a C1 without the cooling kit. The "Temperature: 38~40 °C at 25 °C ambient temperature" is with a cooling kit installed.

The cooling kit is 50 USD (Not including shipping).  Below is the link:

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45
Activity: 323
November 15, 2014, 12:29:34 PM
Hello,

M

Yes you need it.  Look at syscooling is one they have used.   Personally I would like to see someone put together a kit of one not from them.

Is their cooling system OK and does it work fine? Is it good idea to purchase it?
Is that green liquid included?
What is the price of all? $50 or $80? why they say $50 + $30 ?
November 15, 2014, 12:25:55 PM
Hiya,
If I were to buy one of the C1's batch 2 that ships on Nov 17th. How long does it usually take to get to the states. I am really considering it but I am gone for Thanksgiving week and dont want it sitting on my deck until I get back.

Can anybody give me a timeframe?
Thanks

2 Days is typical to US
it can be longer if it gets held up in customs or bad weather delays.

Bitmain ships UPS
if you sign up for a UPS MyChoice account - you can reschedule the delivery for a later date when
you are home

That's what I did when I was in your situation

November 15, 2014, 12:17:02 PM
What kind of connections do the radiator fans have on them? 3 pin, 4pin, or something else? I'm looking for an adapter that will power all the fans directly from my power supply and not have to go through the miner rig.

3 pin on the 3 radiator fans, 4 pin on the pump.

Ok thanks. Now just to look for a molex connector to a multi 3pin harness. Not trying to avoid using the harness, but more as a backup really.

Any generic fan controller will do that. Might have to cut a bit of the plastic on one of them to fit the 4 pin in but it will effectively give you 4x3pin to molex.

Having a tough time finding the adaptder. Just want to go from my power supply and plug the male part of the 4 pin molex into the femaie. Then on the other end plug the pump into it with the 4pin connector, hence not have to open up the C1 at all or use any harness.

Try this:
•Order a molex to fan power board (example http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415897694&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan   

legendary
November 15, 2014, 11:41:07 AM
Hello,

M

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
November 15, 2014, 11:36:12 AM
Hello,

M
Pages:
Jump to: