Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 84. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 14, 2014, 01:19:55 AM
Is Corsair RM850 80+ Gold PSU enough for running one Antminer C1?

Yes, although I still prefer the 1000 as an investment if you're buying a new one.

I can confirm the rm1000 is great with theses.  I had a cold ambient temps and PSU was in its "quiet" mode.

I have got conformation I am being sent 2 pumps as replacement's.   I bought a molex to fan connector so I don't have to worry about my wire frying boards.

All said it looks like I am losing around 2 weeks mining on 2 C1 machines.  Down 2 board fan controller's on 2 separate boards.  Lost higher priced coolant.  Paranoid and bought 2 extra pumps, and molex to fan boards.  With extra parts I ordered I am hoping to lose only around a week, but it came at a premium.

I will know more when I get all the parts from RMA.

I highly suggest 2 things after all of this so you don't lose mining time.  
Wiring harness has been replaced,it could plug in board directly from outside,and three terminals for fans,one for pump.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
November 14, 2014, 01:08:17 AM
What kind of connections do the radiator fans have on them? 3 pin, 4pin, or something else? I'm looking for an adapter that will power all the fans directly from my power supply and not have to go through the miner rig.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
if there is a master blade like in s1 and s3, then i think is best to use a molex from the same power as that blade

Maybe, would have to test by powering one blade at a time.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 08:11:13 PM
does it matter? amperage above 15A/ board most important, and preferable with 2*6pin, not just one 6pin
i got 1psu/1 blade

Well if your blade with water pump and radiator goes down and it still runs.... not really good
Or if one that controls fan in front goes down and it keeps running... not really good either.

then isn't it better to put the pump totally separated and is there a shut down based on temperature or somekind of halt the mining!?

Normally I say its fine to split PSU on one of these, but for the specific problem that the pump could go. There is an auto shutdown @ 80C chip temps, but we could get some leaking before that happens. Avoid using two PSUs if possible.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 08:05:52 PM
With US I had trouble finding a pump for cheap with quicker shipping.  I turned to ebay and sorted by being in US and you can adjust location miles.  Then you can see estimated shipping dates.  The thing with ebay was LOTS of variety, and i was able to get a different brand.   Lots come from China, I just didn't have time with being down two miners.  Amazon has one that is close to kit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MB9EP3G/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K2PSNFZTA9AHGE42714&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846 .   But myself I wanted one's different then kit ive been messing with.

Don't buy that pump, its significantly weaker than the C1 pump (hence 0.4A instead of 1.2A).
legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 08:03:26 PM
Order a extra pump (I went to ebay to get from closer location)

Which did you get? There are a few similar pump models which aren't as powerful.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
November 13, 2014, 07:24:43 PM
if there is a master blade like in s1 and s3, then i think is best to use a molex from the same power as that blade
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
November 13, 2014, 06:11:02 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but would one of the following settings work:

a) Powering 2 blades with one 550 PSU and the other 2 blades with another 550 PSU
b) Powering 2 blades with one 650 PSU and the other 2 blades with one 550 PSU

?

Personally I would not do it I would go with RM-1000.  Even after miner is old and decommissioned you can reuse or sell PSU's.   I was saving a lot till i ran out of PSU's i used in old GPU days.

I'm sure someone will say that you can do it. And if everything works yes it would power it.   Possible problems if one PSU is down and one is up.  But I and most would not most likely

Hm, I may give it a try... I still have so many PSUs from the old days....
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 13, 2014, 05:56:16 PM
then isn't it better to put the pump totally separated and is there a shut down based on temperature or somekind of halt the mining!?

I ended up getting a molex to 3 pin power board to run my pump and fans.   As long as power is on my pump is pumping.  I will know how well it works once I get my pumps ... again.
November 13, 2014, 05:50:01 PM
legendary
November 13, 2014, 05:45:02 PM
does it matter? amperage above 15A/ board most important, and preferable with 2*6pin, not just one 6pin
i got 1psu/1 blade

Well if your blade with water pump and radiator goes down and it still runs.... not really good
Or if one that controls fan in front goes down and it keeps running... not really good either.
November 13, 2014, 05:41:39 PM
i got 1psu/1 blade
legendary
November 13, 2014, 05:28:21 PM

a) Powering 2 blades with one 550 PSU and the other 2 blades with another 550 PSU

?

Personally I would not do it I would go with RM-1000.  Even after miner is old and decommissioned you can reuse or sell PSU's.   I was saving a lot till i ran out of PSU's i used in old GPU days.

I'm sure someone will say that you can do it. And if everything works yes it would power it.   Possible problems if one PSU is down and one is up.  But I and most would not most likely
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
November 13, 2014, 05:01:04 PM

?
legendary
November 13, 2014, 01:59:05 PM

Yes, although I still prefer the 1000 as an investment if you're buying a new one.

I can confirm the rm1000 is great with theses.  I had a cold ambient temps and PSU was in its "quiet" mode.

I have got conformation I am being sent 2 pumps as replacement's.   I bought a molex to fan connector so I don't have to worry about my wire frying boards.

All said it looks like I am losing around 2 weeks mining on 2 C1 machines.  Down 2 board fan controller's on 2 separate boards.  Lost higher priced coolant.  Paranoid and bought 2 extra pumps, and molex to fan boards.  With extra parts I ordered I am hoping to lose only around a week, but it came at a premium.

Where would buy extra pumps if you are in the US? Or does it matter what kind of pump, as long as it pumps enough coolant through?

With US I had trouble finding a pump for cheap with quicker shipping.  I turned to ebay and sorted by being in US and you can adjust location miles.  Then you can see estimated shipping dates.  The thing with ebay was LOTS of variety, and i was able to get a different brand.   Lots come from China, I just didn't have time with being down two miners.  Amazon has one that is close to kit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MB9EP3G/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K2PSNFZTA9AHGE42714&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846 .   But myself I wanted one's different then kit ive been messing with.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 13, 2014, 01:48:59 PM

Where would buy extra pumps if you are in the US? Or does it matter what kind of pump, as long as it pumps enough coolant through?
Also, are the connections already attached to the pump when delivered? Cause I saw where you can attach multiple connections and the picture on syscoolings website of the pump looks a little different with the attachments. Do they just screw in? Asking a lot of questions because water cooling is a whole new arena for me and do like to have parts available.

legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 13, 2014, 01:45:43 PM
More C1 stock added to batch 2.
When will this batch ship out?
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
November 13, 2014, 01:39:02 PM

Yes, the closer to about the 50% power limit you get the better the efficiency, so a more powerful power supply will actually save you money on average, if you can find the power supply for the same price.  I would recommend the EVGA 1300w G2, since you can get it for about the same price from newegg after rebate (if you don't mind MIR).
legendary
November 13, 2014, 12:56:17 PM

legendary
dogiecoin.com
November 13, 2014, 10:19:26 AM
More C1 stock added to batch 2.
Pages:
Jump to: