Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 10. (Read 346282 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
offical undercloking/volting from Bitmain
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7031946

Great, i just got my magnifying glass (X2-X5)lamp (thanks to phillipma to point it-great lamp), soldering kit, multimeter, infrared temperature reader (mostly for S2). All ready to go-will hopefully have fun during the weekend. This is more permanent than pencil mod, so has to be done carefully.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
digging in the bits... now ant powered!
Had the same issue as taipo with customs....

Since these units are not new though I wonder if customs see's them differently? New vs Used items could have different tax implications.
Activity: 238
Kia ora!
We have a short shipping break due to Chinese traditional festivals, orders dropped after 18:00pm on May 30 (Beijing Time GMT +8), will be shipped out starting from June 3rd.

Happy Mining!

BITMAIN

Note: Due to the minimum order of 2 S1's per order having pushed the minimum total value of an order, NZ customs are now picking up pretty much all S1 orders and adding about another 0.1 BTC ( $62 USD ) to the cost of each S1 ( in duties and tax ).

( $s are in NZD )
Activity: 126
mine coupons expired today Sad
Activity: 455
Merit: 10
looking for a S1 coupon. Will pay using paypal.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
0.02btc for an s1 coupon.
Anyone?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
My s1 just expire , looking for s1 coupon x3 . Thanks pm me.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Anyone have any s1 coupons they are not gonna use?  Looking for a couple extras.
Activity: 138
We have a short shipping break due to Chinese traditional festivals, orders dropped after 18:00pm on May 30 (Beijing Time GMT +8), will be shipped out starting from June 3rd.

Happy Mining!

BITMAIN

Just ordered an S2 yesterday, but it looks like you took care of it because tracking shows delivery on Monday, so thanks. That should get me to about 4.6 TH.

Thanks again for being one of only a few venders that really care about supporting Bitcoin miners!

Rob Cool
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I just (5min ago) got 3 brand new S1 and EVGA1300 to run them, but cannot employ due to "family" objections about noise, cords, etc.
If anybody is interested, send me PM, I am in Houston.

You could undervolt and put them in something like this ---silent---

http://s4.postimg.org/j9q99itz1/IMG_20140529_00066.jpg

Or with that power supply you could run two more undervolted/underclocked to 153gh and almost silent

http://s24.postimg.org/ffs2sqkr9/IMG_20140529_00067.jpg

I am curious...EVGA has 8 PCIe cables. Are they split cables or did you use split extenders to run 5 (10 connectors) underclocked?
What is the box? Is it some kind of datacenter box or something simpler?
I am intrigued.

The evga came with two split and two single   i "borrowed" two split from another psu. so yes i used split cables.

edit : the box is a corsair. all undervolted

another simple option if you dont have PCIE splitters is to plug the singular PCIe into the primary hashing board, then run a pair of 14awg wires between the screw terminals of the primary and secondary hashing boards. (a pair of 16awg may do the trick if undervolted)
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

Happy Mining!

BITMAIN
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
I just (5min ago) got 3 brand new S1 and EVGA1300 to run them, but cannot employ due to "family" objections about noise, cords, etc.

Or with that power supply you could run two more undervolted/underclocked to 153gh and almost silent

I am curious...EVGA has 8 PCIe cables. Are they split cables or did you use split extenders to run 5 (10 connectors) underclocked?
I am intrigued.

The evga came with two split and two single   i "borrowed" two split from another psu. so yes i used split cables.

and on undervolted  s-1's the split  cables do not over heat.

running  4 or 5 undervolted down clocked on the   evga is the most cost effective  method   if you are power restricted.

I run 4 on the evga in a friends office space.  he splits his power bill 4 ways  so it is not 16 cents  a k-watt it is 4 cents a k-watt.

I am getting 560 gh and 730 watts  with fans at 1400 rpm and temps at 40c.

I only wish he could spare more power  then the 730 watts I am using.
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252

I am intrigued.

legendary

I am intrigued.
Activity: 218
I NEED SOME S1 COUPONS. I HAVE 2X S2 COUPONS TO TRADE. HIT ME UP.
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

they down volt/down clock nicely with that psu.  use a 5 port switch and 3 short cat 5 wires
legendary
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
I recently bought an Antminer S1 but it has a poor wifi signal even with an antenna attached.

It's exceptionally poor wifi because I have another Antminer directly beside it and that Antminer receives an adequate signal

Is this issue common?  Is there a fix?
Out of the last eight S1's that I received, two of them can see the wifi but cannot connect once they are setup.  I have a total of ten on wifi at the moment, the rest are using TP ethernet.  I have tried reflashing the firmware, but the wifi on those two machines just wont work.

Why dont you switch the ones on Ethernet with the ones that wont work on wifi and put the old ethernet ones on wi fi. Unless you really want to go through rma.
I was just answering the question about the wifi problems.  I have already rotated miners to where they work best.  

I ran out of power ports in the front of the warehouse and had to setup the others in the back temporarily with wifi until I can finish adding the power drops I need for all of the miners in the front.

I have sourced replacement 15 CM wireless cables with a straight SMA jack with a male pin that can be used to replace the existing cable, and have a cheap kit that includes a 2dB wifi antenna that will get the job done.  I've got 50 of them available, so feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll toss one in the mail for US residents @ US$10 a pop.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
I recently bought an Antminer S1 but it has a poor wifi signal even with an antenna attached.

It's exceptionally poor wifi because I have another Antminer directly beside it and that Antminer receives an adequate signal

Is this issue common?  Is there a fix?
Out of the last eight S1's that I received, two of them can see the wifi but cannot connect once they are setup.  I have a total of ten on wifi at the moment, the rest are using TP ethernet.  I have tried reflashing the firmware, but the wifi on those two machines just wont work.

Why dont you switch the ones on Ethernet with the ones that wont work on wifi and put the old ethernet ones on wi fi. Unless you really want to go through rma.
I was just answering the question about the wifi problems.  I have already rotated miners to where they work best.  

I ran out of power ports in the front of the warehouse and had to setup the others in the back temporarily with wifi until I can finish adding the power drops I need for all of the miners in the front.
Pages:
Jump to: