Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 128. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild
an OC'd Ant S1 pulls 417/420Watts at the wall,  using a 750 watt 80Plus Bronze PSU running at 393.75Mh/z clock speed giving 202GH/s
Activity: 211
S2 is overall a good deal compared to the other 1TH/s miners on the market, just not by Bitmain's standards.

I agree, it is a good deal considering you'll only have to deal with 1 power supply and 1000W vs 5 power supplies and 1500W for ~5 S1's.  In any event, the best part is that Bitmain Tech actually ships products.  What a concept!  Wink

actually closer to 2000W, an S1 consumes closer to 400 watts (roughly 375) ea.

It said 360 watt to wall in the spec, but I use 3 fan so maybe more. Never checked...
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
S2 is overall a good deal compared to the other 1TH/s miners on the market, just not by Bitmain's standards.

I agree, it is a good deal considering you'll only have to deal with 1 power supply and 1000W vs 5 power supplies and 1500W for ~5 S1's.  In any event, the best part is that Bitmain Tech actually ships products.  What a concept!  Wink

actually closer to 2000W, an S1 consumes closer to 400 watts (roughly 375) ea.
Activity: 140

Tough Decisions Huh...
*snip*
Sorry, nitpicking but the price of the S1 is 0.992 BTC.   Wink

Your argument still stands though.  S2 is overall a good deal compared to the other 1TH/s miners on the market, just not by Bitmain's standards.
Fixed  Wink
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Tough Decisions Huh...
1xS2 or 5xS1?
Obviously power is the factor, but the chips are only 55nm. Was hoping for higher efficiency and lower power draw. Somewhat reluctant to be the guinea pig for these.
But also reluctant to wait...
So by my reckoning, it breaks down as follows
5xS1 delivered Wednesday next week should make 0.1183 for the first 6 days = 0.7098 + 1.2612 at next diff of 4,782m
So they should make 1.971 before the S2 even ships.
Costs:
5xS1 @.996 =  4.98 BTC
VAT @ 1.426 BTC (if in EU)
PSU's @ .7682 BTC (5x€70)
Power consumption @ €0.1699c @ 420Watts per OC'd ant = €8.51 per day = €119.24 (0.26126 BTC) power bill for the for the first 14 days.
Total costs about 7.43571 BTC from now till the 2nd April
Leaving them to earn 5.46471 BTC to break even. 
Now given that we have no clue about Diff jumps into April, anything beyond that is speculation - so really, have I answered my own question?

The S2 will consume €4.08 electricity per day. So per 28 day month, its gonna cost €114.17 (0.25010BTC) as opposed to 5 x S1's which is currently costing €238.50 (0.52245 BTC) .

Sorry if this set of calculations is a bit all over the place - I am kinda thinking out loud here.

Bottom line - better efficiency = longer life - we cannot do anything about all the hashpower that is coming - but we can reduce our overheads and on a per-terra basis - the S2 is a better deal by about a quarter of a coin per month, But... if you order 5 S1's now - it will make 1.971 BTC before the S2 even arrives.
Thoughts and feedback welcome....

finally - I really was hoping that Bitmain would be able to do the S2 at a cheaper price. Guess we are spoilt... ;-)

Sorry, nitpicking but the price of the S1 is 0.992 BTC.   Wink

Your argument still stands though.  S2 is overall a good deal compared to the other 1TH/s miners on the market, just not by Bitmain's standards.
Tough Decisions Huh...
1xS2 or 5xS1?
Obviously power is the factor, but the chips are only 55nm. Was hoping for higher efficiency and lower power draw. Somewhat reluctant to be the guinea pig for these.
But also reluctant to wait...
So by my reckoning, it breaks down as follows
5xS1 delivered Wednesday next week should make 0.1183 for the first 6 days = 0.7098 + 1.2612 at next diff of 4,782m
So they should make 1.971 before the S2 even ships.
Costs:
5xS1 @.996 =  4.96 BTC
VAT @ 1.426 BTC (if in EU)
PSU's @ .7682 BTC (5x€70)
Power consumption @ €0.1699c @ 420Watts per OC'd ant = €8.51 per day = €119.24 (0.26126 BTC) power bill for the for the first 14 days.
Total costs about 7.41571 BTC from now till the 2nd April
Leaving them to earn 5.46471 BTC to break even.  
Now given that we have no clue about Diff jumps into April, anything beyond that is speculation - so really, have I answered my own question?

The S2 will consume €4.08 electricity per day. So per 28 day month, its gonna cost €114.17 (0.25010BTC) as opposed to 5 x S1's which is currently costing €238.50 (0.52245 BTC) .

Sorry if this set of calculations is a bit all over the place - I am kinda thinking out loud here.

Bottom line - better efficiency = longer life - we cannot do anything about all the hashpower that is coming - but we can reduce our overheads and on a per-terra basis - the S2 is a better deal by about a quarter of a coin per month, But... if you order 5 S1's now - it will make 1.971 BTC before the S2 even arrives.
Thoughts and feedback welcome....

finally - I really was hoping that Bitmain would be able to do the S2 at a cheaper price. Guess we are spoilt... ;-)

**Edit** Nitpicked - Price fixed
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
For us poor sods in the U.K that will be a nice addition of £500 Customs fee with DHL.

if only....

That's why i think as everything which is new, price is to high.
Like with iphone, new cost 600gbp and you have to wait in queue in front of the shop for 24h to get it. Once is on the market price is 200-450gbp. Same phone week or couple weeks later.

Activity: 182
For us poor sods in the U.K that will be a nice addition of £500 Customs fee with DHL.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
Yeah for real, as 1000w psu can run 3 at stock. Server grade psus are cheaper, as i do know gekkoscience is selling server psu + interface board that can run 4 antminer s1, OC, they said maybe 5 stock clock.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
for 6.131 BTC, you get 6 antminers s1 and you have a 1080 hash rate, but you need to buy 6 PSU.
so i think S2 is a great deal.

6 x s1 will produce 1,2Th my friend. You can easily go with 3-4 psu with overcloked s1.
More room and more heat but still 200Gh/s faster.

I was thinking 2 PSUs...

M
legendary
for 6.131 BTC, you get 6 antminers s1 and you have a 1080 hash rate, but you need to buy 6 PSU.

6 x s1 will produce 1,2Th my friend. You can easily go with 3-4 psu with overcloked s1.
More room and more heat but still 200Gh/s faster.

We dont know how much can you push s2 so this is just theory.
What if easily you can push it to 1,1Th or 1,2Th? This would be great and the best deal on the mining hardware market at this moment.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
Do you think the antminer s1 will still be viable, and be sold at a high price relatively quickly on ebay or other marketplaces?

S1 is still great if you have cheap power.

Yes in some countries electricity is 0.01 so S1 has a long life.

Juan
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Do you think the antminer s1 will still be viable, and be sold at a high price relatively quickly on ebay or other marketplaces?

S1 is still great if you have cheap power.
legendary

Im not impressed with that. I though tits gonna be nice little piece like s1 or similar.
Price is still high though.
Once first batch will go to people bitmain will have massive success again like with s1.
but for now like everything which is new price is to high and its just HYIP which will slowly slow down and price will go down.

If there would be some info about how much you can push s2 to achieve more this would justify the price.
Fact is that as usual bitmain will deliver on time. And this puts big smile on my face. But i dont wanna be guinea pig with the customs etc.
First batch will go and then will see how much issue EU buyer must resolve to get hands on this bad boy.

Plus this time i dont think "game gateway" will be included as description of package.
For some reason s1 had to be with reasonable price on the box and from 30gbp now jumped to 70-80gbp per unit for customs.
What will happen if customs will calculate charge against real price of almost 4kusd?

Price to high. And please 112bit don't say its good deal as at this moment we have no indication from buyers what kind of issues will be facing.
Good price is for s1 at this moment, i made few orders with bitmain and im massive fan. I stopped ordering s1 to save more BTC for new gear.
This will be my next move once all this slow down and price will settle a bit.

Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
S1 is cheaper up-front, but higher power draw. S2 is more expensive up-front, but with lower power draw will be able to run longer. Both are decent offers.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
S1 is cheaper up-front, but higher power draw. S2 is more expensive up-front, but with lower power draw will be able to run longer. Both are decent offers.
The S1 is cheaper strictly on a $/GH basis, but you will still have to add 2kW worth of power supplies to them in order to run them. That adds a few hundred dollars to the price and closes the gap some, $3800 vs $2950+$400

I'm hoping the airflow in the closed case is better than the S1s. Stock the S1s lose a lot of airflow from the fan not ducting entirely through the heatsinks. If they do the case properly they might be cooled better than the S1s.
Activity: 87
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

And both will continue to decrease in price as difficulty increases. Smiley

M
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Jump to: