Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 153. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Stupid question but your new fans are setup to exhaust (pull the air out) that the stock fans are pushing through the heat sinks?

Yes, correct. It stays cool enough so the stock fans stay low rpm = win, unit is fine for next 100-150days of mining.

Sweet. I'm going to grab myself some Cougars Cheesy

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002
Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Stupid question but your new fans are setup to exhaust (pull the air out) that the stock fans are pushing through the heat sinks?

Yes, correct. It stays cool enough so the stock fans stay low rpm = win, unit is fine for next 100-150days of mining.
Activity: 728
what type of fans you use, on the other side?

Turned 1 unit over so you can see it's bitmain stock fan.

Their RPM stays low with extra fan added. Very silent.
Could change both fans if you wish. But stock fans dont make too much noise when the unit stays cool.
Very easy to add front fans they can be connected directly. Just buy 4pins pwm fans.

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
you need to put some consumer on 5V cable, i have same PSU, and i put a old cdrom on 5V and never shut's down.

Are you sure?  If this is really true, that is just stupid.  Not every machine needs the 5v.  If I build a GPU mining rig running off a usb flash drive, it won't need the 5v.  6 pin to the GPU, 8 pin to the cpu, and 20/24 pin to the MB all 12v.

Turned 1 unit over so you can see it's bitmain stock fan.

Their RPM stays low with extra fan added. Very silent.
Could change both fans if you wish. But stock fans dont make too much noise when the unit stays cool.
Very easy to add front fans they can be connected directly. Just buy 4pins pwm fans.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
I just got my first Antminer S1 yesterday. I went to set it up and it won't stay on more then a few sec. I'll turn on the power and It will flash a few green light on the side. The ethernet ports will light up and then when i go to log in about 15 sec after it Flashes crazy fast green lights on the side and dies. WTF?

What size power supply are you using ? If your supply is under powered it will shut off after a few min
Yes that is your power supply. It does not have enough amps. Get a Corsair cx600 cheap. I had the same problems when I started.
Activity: 87
3x Antminer OC 400Mhz
Chieftec Navitas 1250C
http://www.chieftec.eu/en/psus/navitas-serie/gpm-1250c.html
3x Cougar CF-V12HP fans powered str from Antminer second board fan connector.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002

Activity: 87
I just got my first Antminer S1 yesterday. I went to set it up and it won't stay on more then a few sec. I'll turn on the power and It will flash a few green light on the side. The ethernet ports will light up and then when i go to log in about 15 sec after it Flashes crazy fast green lights on the side and dies. WTF?

What size power supply are you using ? If your supply is under powered it will shut off after a few min
600 watt Corsair. But i guess it could be bad. I'll go buy a new one in the morning Sad

I did't even check dose this company do returns/replacements?

how long do you hold down the reset button?

you need to put some consumer on 5V cable, i have same PSU, and i put a old cdrom on 5V and never shut's down.
Activity: 532
Merit: 269
Price drop is good price today  Roll Eyes Bitmain any news on EU Customs price ? would you accept to invoice 150USD per ant ?
Thanks
Activity: 107
have 2 PSU, got them working around 1 AM, the problem was the Custom DNS Server settings, after putting 8.8.8.8 the machines stared running and mining.

same thing here but I am using a Corsair CS750, got 2 units both are going crazy for few min and then they die., there is a red light on one of the units  and one flashing green light next to it.

600 watt Corsair. But i guess it could be bad. I'll go buy a new one in the morning Sad

I did't even check dose this company do returns/replacements?

how long do you hold down the reset button?

sounds like a PSU issue. I have a Corsair C600M with 552W of 12V power and it ran an overclocked antminer without problems. However, not all power supplies can push full capacity for 24/7 and some may not be able to hold more than 80% of the peak rating for a long time.

Try disconnecting power from the secondary blade and try again. If the device runs 90GH without problems but is having issues with running both blades then its a PSU issue

2 units on one PSU? that would be your issue if so
Activity: 588
Folks in the US - how much is the customs duty? Looking to buy a few more soon, going to have them shipped to the US if it is less than 140USD per miner.

Importing computer electronics from china is not subject to any US customs taxes, just some small misc. DHS fees if anything.

Sweet, thanks bobsag3. No more EU customs duty donations from me Smiley
3x Antminer OC 400Mhz
Chieftec Navitas 1250C
http://www.chieftec.eu/en/psus/navitas-serie/gpm-1250c.html
3x Cougar CF-V12HP fans powered str from Antminer second board fan connector.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Damn I'm kind of split. Mine shipped but I was kind of hoping it wasn't so I could convince Bitmain to slip in a one more.
Oh well. Another price drop so I may just buy another anyway...
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Folks in the US - how much is the customs duty? Looking to buy a few more soon, going to have them shipped to the US if it is less than 140USD per miner.

Importing computer electronics from china is not subject to any US customs taxes, just some small misc. DHS fees if anything.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Price dropped to 1.11 BTC.
Waiting for my cash transferred today to arrive at Kraken on monday. Then I am in for my first.
Activity: 588
Activity: 658
And comparing the temps when close together vs spread

Same values.
Activity: 574
Use Corsair RM750, 2 of them can power 3 OC'ed Ant's

http://i.imgur.com/eov3gl6.jpg

fwiw I've also used two of the cheaper cx750s to power 3 oc'ed ants as well, Kill O watt shows 693 at the wall.

Whats your hashrate at?, what did you OC to?

We ran a test with 2 OC'd units and they pull a steady 872w per two units at the wall on a dell server grade 750w.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

http://i.imgur.com/eov3gl6.jpg

fwiw I've also used two of the cheaper cx750s to power 3 oc'ed ants as well, Kill O watt shows 693 at the wall.

Activity: 658

Jump to: